Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2019, 16:25   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The KENT technician takes back all the old filters, even after paying through the nose for new ones. ... ... ... he said it is company policy and was adamant. I smell a rat.
Tell him it is your house, your fitters, and your policy to keep them. And that your policy trumps his policy!

Although, I suspect he might be getting some paise for material scrap value, which I wouldn't begrudge
Old 17th July 2019, 18:18   #842
Senior - BHPian

So I wrote to them (KENT). And this is their official reply - 'We would like to inform you that service technician will carry the old parts with them after changing it during the machine service. And for further information, you can also contact on our centralized helpline no. 9278912345'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Tell him it is your house, your fitters, and your policy to keep them. And that your policy trumps his policy
Old 17th July 2019, 18:38   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, Sebring, looks like that's that, then. In view of the company's answer, probably best to let him take the filters.
Old 18th July 2019, 01:45   #844
BHPian

Quote:
The KENT technician takes back all the old filters, even after paying through the nose for new ones. I have a nagging doubt that he could be reselling these, after cleaning. Even if I insist that he leave it behind, he said it is company policy and was adamant. I smell a rat.
Chimney issues too. Our brand new Elica motor is rattling away, and they're replacing the Motor and Board. The Auto Clean never works.
Okay, but for Eureka Forbes Aquaguard, they take back only the RO filter. They leave all other filters behind (with the customer). For RO, they said the same thing that it is as per company policy. The RO filter costs the most and I have never cross verified the authenticity of such a statement.
Old 18th July 2019, 09:17   #845
BHPian

Quote:
'We would like to inform you that service technician will carry the old parts with them after changing it during the machine service. '
Quote:
In view of the company's answer, probably best to let him take the filters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
Okay, but for Eureka Forbes Aquaguard, they take back only the RO filter.
I purchased a RO from the US and the filter replacement instructions state that during cleaning or replacement one should not touch the filter with bare hands as the contaminants can be toxic and harmful to the person performing the cleaning. I do not know if this is the reason the technicians take these away.
Old 18th July 2019, 09:43   #846
Senior - BHPian

Oh Lord! Wonder what these toxic and harmful chemicals are, that is rendering my water pure (SIC). I used to think there are charcoal. Anyways, let them take it as long as they don't reuse and sell it for 1/4th the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
contaminants can be toxic and harmful
Old 18th July 2019, 21:19   #847
BHPian

I am still looking for the replacement external Candle for my Aquaguard, I called the customer care, they mentioned it is only available if I put in a service request and the cost of the Service request is 450 Rs.

Is there another way to purchase the OEM candle?
Old 18th July 2019, 21:48   #848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post

Is there another way to purchase the OEM candle?
You can find Aquaguard candles and carbon on Amazon for some of the models.

Last edited by carboy : 18th July 2019 at 21:51.
Old 18th July 2019, 22:13   #849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
instructions state that during cleaning or replacement one should not touch the filter with bare hands as the contaminants can be toxic and harmful to the person performing the cleaning.
Quote:
Oh Lord! Wonder what these toxic and harmful chemicals are, that is rendering my water pure (SIC).
Maybe it is the stuff that gets filtered out that is potentially harmful? Which is why we are not wanting to drink it. The filters contain a concentrated sludge from all the water that has passed through them in months.

Or does it really seem to apply to the new, fresh filters?
Old 18th July 2019, 22:21   #850
BHPian

Quote:
The filters contain a concentrated sludge from all the water that has passed through them in months.
Yes this is my understanding that the RO membrane when used for a year or so will contain elements that we should not get onto our skin. Likewise the remaining carbon and sediment filters that have a 6 monthly replacement cycle. It's good advice and we should follow, especially folks like me that do these things on our own.
Old 19th July 2019, 00:12   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
You can find Aquaguard candles and carbon on Amazon for some of the models.

I did see those, however they are not OEM and it seems the company does not sell spares.
Old 19th July 2019, 02:37   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Oh Lord! Wonder what these toxic and harmful chemicals are, that is rendering my water pure (SIC). I used to think there are charcoal. Anyways, let them take it as long as they don't reuse and sell it for 1/4th the price.
Well, all I can say here is that what we believe in, becomes reality. So, when we believe that we are drinking pure and healthy water, it prevents us from all diseases.
Old 19th July 2019, 11:09   #853
BHPian

Are we still depending on the company representatives for servicing a water purifier when all these are available in the open market and easy to do our self? We can get better filter candles and the membrane than the oem too.
Old 19th July 2019, 16:37   #854
BHPian

Just curious, is there anybody who is into diy water purifier (RO or basic). After seeing the queries in this thread, I feel it will help people in saving a hell lot either in AMC or even the unit itself, We can make even better ones for half the cost. All materials are available in the open market. Even the branded ones from kent or lg are just like diy designs.
Old 20th July 2019, 12:46   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Just curious, is there anybody who is into diy water purifier (RO or basic).
I do it myself. I purchase my filters from the US and will do so for my RO membrane when it is due for replacement. The system I purchased was without a pressure pump and I purchased a pump locally and installed it with solenoid valve with and without auto flush, smps power supply, high and low pressure switches and a cheap pre-filter assembly to clean the water a bit and extend the life of oem filters.
The one thing I haven't done yet is to setup the auto flush so that the membrane auto flushes every hour, which is a recommended practice to clean it and extend the life of the membrane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks