Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 13:52   #811
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Bumping up the thread on the interesting discussion on the RO water purifier. Here goes my story:
We had to shift to Whitefield where the TDS of the Water in around 1300, so I needed a RO based water purifier. Did some study both from the web and from our own experiences here. I did zero down to Dr. Aquauard Enrich Link. Bought it and used for 10 days.

Post that it starts showing up stars, all lights blinking and no water output. To make things worse the technician who visited after 2 days had no clues what so ever.
I am really worried with the product now and contemplating to again re do my ground work to move to a different vendor.

Models I have in mind :
1. Kent Grand Plus
2. LG Puricare WW140NP RO + Mineral Booster
3. Get the replacement of Dr. Aquaguard Enrich

Need your views.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 21st May 2019, 14:10   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
3. Get the replacement of Dr. Aquaguard Enrich
in my opinion RO systems can be configured or enriched to handle situations that may be extreme with additional components quite easily. This situation of yours should be fixable and allow the support team to come have a look and see what is wrong. My home TDS is 2000+ and I have a system that I purchased from the US and it didn't work. I was not well aware on these systems. Did some reading and sorted out the problem and all is well now. I had to attach a pressure pump to the system to push in the water through the membrane. I also added a few valves to stop water rejection once my storage tank was full. Do not rush into replacing your system and add on the necessary stuff to your existing system.
Old 21st May 2019, 16:04   #813
BANNED

@Arindem_Nayek; You were probably unlucky. I personally will like a Zero B (Ion Exchange India) or Kent. Contact a local service guy and then decide. I probably prefer the former, but given all the hoopla I think Kent has also jacked up its QC. Remember they mostly use the same consumables. There are hardly two or three makers for the RO membranes. This is why I suggest you talk to the local guy.
Old 21st May 2019, 17:58   #814
Senior - BHPian

I'm in Whitefield and as per my experience only Kent can handle this level. Rest have failed on me. Candle replacements is once in 3 months, though!

Quote:
I needed a RO based water purifier
Old 21st May 2019, 20:57   #815
BHPian

Quote:
I am really worried with the product now and contemplating to again re do my ground work to move to a different vendor.
Before plunking your money down into another product, might be a good idea to try and get some idea on what might have caused the problem with the first product.

Meaning, for instance, if there's some wild power fluctuations that the product could not handle, might help to work out a work-around for that.
Old 21st May 2019, 21:24   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
... I personally will like a Zero B (Ion Exchange India) ...
Ion exchange are, I suspect, more heavy duty. I think they make commercial-capacity units.

There has never been a problem with maintenance for ours, although we went with our maintenance guy when he went independent. He rebuilt our machine after submersion in the Chennai flood, so perhaps a lot of it is not actually Zero-B any longer. Still, it is good that could even happen.
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:55   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm in Whitefield and as per my experience only Kent can handle this level. Rest have failed on me. Candle replacements is once in 3 months, though!
Try using an external pre-filter. It will help to elongate the life of the internal filters.

Rohan
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:59   #818
Senior - BHPian

I got external filters which feed to this unit. But the quality of water in this stretch is the pits. But Kent is doing a commendable job, turning this mess into sweet water

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Try using an external pre-filter
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:25   #819
BHPian

Thanks everyone for sharing your views.

On the Power Fluctuation Issue: No there was no power fluctuations I believe, happened live infront of me so I didn't see anything

On adding a External filter before the machine: I have done it in the past and it really helps to take off the load from the actual device. Have done that already.

Faith on Aquaguard : Got shattered as the technician who installed it was unsure of the product its like they were searching for things. Second instance when the person came for troubleshooting he was also clueless. I felt uncomfortable.

At present I had asked for a refund and might look at the 3 other options. Kent is on the list high.

Thank you.
Old 12th June 2019, 12:40   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
in my opinion RO systems can be configured or enriched to handle situations that may be extreme with additional components quite easily. This situation of yours should be fixable and allow the support team to come have a look and see what is wrong. My home TDS is 2000+ and I have a system that I purchased from the US and it didn't work. I was not well aware on these systems. Did some reading and sorted out the problem and all is well now. I had to attach a pressure pump to the system to push in the water through the membrane. I also added a few valves to stop water rejection once my storage tank was full. Do not rush into replacing your system and add on the necessary stuff to your existing system.
2000+ ppm TDS is Brackish water and needs proper design and build of a mini BWRO Plant. Domestic RO purifiers are meant for up to 1500 ppm, max. Complete water analysis is required and components must be designed according to the parameters.
Old 23rd June 2019, 20:03   #821
BHPian

We are using a Kent RO system and recently we started to get kaveri water (meaning river water and so low TDS). I have not measured the TDS, but I am thinking of stopping to use RO. Rather I need a simple UV system that works well.
Any suggestions?
Old 24th June 2019, 12:24   #822
BANNED

@deep_bang; ifTDS is low ten why use an RO system. Every RO system wastes some water (from 10%-90%) so avoid it as far as possible. We in IIT and now our colony have a high Hardness (all groundwater) but so far have avoided an RO system so far.
Old 30th June 2019, 22:32   #823
BHPian

Got myself an LG Water purifier, model no WW172EP. This is a RO+UV model. Its a newer model with a bigger RO membrane and lesser water wastage.

I availed LG's home demo facility before plonking my money in it. In this home demo, they install the appliance at your place for a period of one week.

Even though LG's is very costly as compared to other brands like Kent, Pureit etc., our decision was influenced by the stainless steel water storage tank in the LG, whereas others had a plastic tank.

Getting LG guys to come for installation is a different battle altogether.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st July 2019 at 13:52. Reason: line spacing
Old 1st July 2019, 10:00   #824
BANNED

@Grath; Glad you had a good experience. After the warranty period you are (most likely) with the local maintenance guy. Then most things become generic. Of course hopefully the newer membrane will be similar.
Old 1st July 2019, 13:10   #825
Senior - BHPian

If someone is looking for a gravity-based water purifier, I recommend - Eureka Forbes Aquasure Xtra Tuff EOL 15 L Gravity Based Water Purifier

https://www.flipkart.com/eureka-forb...mdzh2fzkmzasdw

Been using it for a couple of months now. Easy installation and easy to maintain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks