Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 21:09   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
How to buy a genuine product ?
I use this brand and all my filters I source from the US. I purchased an RO from this brand and had to fit a pressure pump, Solenoid valves etc make it work with Indian water pressure conditions.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FBLGD1S..._CLHcEbT5EQQNW
If you can source it from the US you have this and many other options. This particular one ships to India too.
Old 6th January 2020, 17:21   #887
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Guys, I might have to buy a new purifier in near future. I am looking at UV models only. I was browsing the Eureka Forbes website. Their UV filters have two filters. Sediment Filter (Clarity Cartridge), Pre-Carbon filter. But I was not clear on the one part. Do both these filters sit inside the outer plastic casing or the sediment filter needs install outside? Any current users can throw light on this?

Also, is sediment filter same as pre-filter?
Old 7th January 2020, 08:28   #888
BHPian

I've been using this subscription based RO filter from livpure. It's been 6 months and the experience is great. I've the option of checking the filter life, water consumed, average consumption per week and daily consumption. One thing I like is carry forward of my unused remaining water to next month.

Also, there is no maintenence charge or installation charges.

https://www.livpuresmart.com/

No affiliation with this product.

Last edited by atulsian : 7th January 2020 at 08:31.
Old 7th January 2020, 10:45   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
I've been using this subscription based RO filter from livpure.
Thanks for mentioning this. I had been on the lookout for people that might be using just such a model.

Few quick questions, if I may -

1) On most water purifiers, it is recommended to drain out the water from the storage tank at some intervals as part of its regular maintenance. Is this drained water also included in your monthly water usage statistics or is it exempted?

2) Might be too early in your usage experience, but how prompt are they in case of any issues - purifier problem; water problems; etc.?

3) They mention about monitoring the water quality (and IoT enabled). How exactly are they measuring the water quality parameters? Does the purifier need to be hooked to your home wifi for its IoT features to function?

4) Do they have any water metering on the inside of the purifier to enable accurate estimation of water usage? Did you face any discrepancy between their estimates and your actual usage?

Thanks.

PS - I do have more questions, but answers to these might even answer some of the other questions that I am not yet listing.
Old 7th January 2020, 11:05   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Thanks for mentioning this. I had been on the lookout for people that might be using just such a model.

Few quick questions, if I may -

1) On most water purifiers, it is recommended to drain out the water from the storage tank at some intervals as part of its regular maintenance. Is this drained water also included in your monthly water usage statistics or is it exempted?
It does count under your usage. However, when it is installed for the first time they drain out 8-10 litres of water which they promptly added back to my account. After this everything gets counted.

Quote:
2) Might be too early in your usage experience, but how prompt are they in case of any issues - purifier problem; water problems; etc.?
They are not prompt when you raise a ticket but they address your query quickly on call though.

Quote:
3) They mention about monitoring the water quality (and IoT enabled). How exactly are they measuring the water quality parameters? Does the purifier need to be hooked to your home wifi for its IoT features to function?
It comes with its own connectivity (Sim based, I believe). In the app you can see a symbol for the quality/ life of the filter. Once it turns low they will change it or if you feel the water quality/ taste has changed you can call them for support.

Quote:
4) Do they have any water metering on the inside of the purifier to enable accurate estimation of water usage? Did you face any discrepancy between their estimates and your actual usage?
Yes. It is inside the filter. You can only check it through the app. Me and my friend have tested it multiple times we didn't see any such discrepancies.

Quote:
PS - I do have more questions, but answers to these might even answer some of the other questions that I am not yet listing.
Please see my answers above. You can PM or post it here. I had Aquaguard first and their AMC is costlier and the filter required changes every 4-5 months.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT -
Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Recommended water purifier?-screenshot_20200107110137_livpure-smart.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 9th April 2020 at 22:47. Reason: Mod note attached.
atulsian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 10:12   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Please see my answers above.
Thanks for all the answers. Much appreciated. Most of my concerns are addressed. Will try out the subscription model going in parallel with my regular RO unit for a while. Hope there would be no issues canceling the subscription if it comes to it.
Old 10th January 2020, 10:15   #892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all the answers. Much appreciated. Most of my concerns are addressed. Will try out the subscription model going in parallel with my regular RO unit for a while. Hope there would be no issues canceling the subscription if it comes to it.
Look up Drink Prime as well. Same model. I am using it and am happy so far. We have cauvery, so i disconnected the RO bit and use only the UV and filtering.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 20:14   #893
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Need some inputs:

I have an Aquaguard Geneus RO + UV + UF water purifier which had been working properly until recently.

Off late I am noticing that the TDS level of output water is the same as input water. Also, the RO reject water output has come down significantly (almost nothing). Changing the level of mineral modulator (which controls the ratio of RO / UV purification) also doesn't seem to help.

The purifier was serviced a few months back and I don't think we would have used 6000 litres of water by now (it is rated for 6000 litres).

Although the product is in warranty the executives can't visit due to the lock down.

Any inputs to diagnose / fix the problem ?
Old 9th April 2020, 21:58   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
I have an Aquaguard Geneus RO + UV + UF water purifier which had been working properly until recently.

Off late I am noticing that the TDS level of output water is the same as input water. Also, the RO reject water output has come down significantly (almost nothing). Changing the level of mineral modulator (which controls the ratio of RO / UV purification) also doesn't seem to help.
I think it would come under essential services and they can come if they want to. But for now you are stuck, best bet would be to clean the pre filters yourself. If you can PM me more details about your RO and a pic of the setup then I can try to help you. Ss I have messed around with my RO a lot and know a thing or two.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th April 2020 at 22:47. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 01:58   #895
Senior - BHPian

Increase in the TDS which cannot be controlled by the TDS knob indicates that the RO membrane has failed. Did they change the RO membrane 6 months ago ? If so that's a very short period for it to have failed. That said, the membrane can fail prematurely due to high chlorine content in the tapwater
Old 12th April 2020, 13:01   #896
Senior - BHPian

Anybody with any inputs on Brita, the latest kid on the block with German expertise and Service support from Kent?
Attached Images

Old 2nd May 2020, 12:35   #897
BHPian

I have been using Bisleri 25L bottles for quite a few years now and have avoided installing water filter in the kitchen. However , now I am considering buying one due to supply and vendor reliability issues. I will go through the previous post but if someone has any recommendations for (RO+UV) reliable products then please suggest. thanks !
Old 5th May 2020, 13:26   #898
BHPian

Does municipality water require RO or just UV is sufficient? TDS is about 200 to 220.
Old 9th May 2020, 13:14   #899
BHPian

Looking for a small table top RO water purifier for drinking purpose. Any recommendations?
Old 9th May 2020, 14:58   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
I have been using Bisleri 25L bottles for quite a few years now and have avoided installing water filter in the kitchen. However , now I am considering buying one due to supply and vendor reliability issues. I will go through the previous post but if someone has any recommendations for (RO+UV) reliable products then please suggest. thanks !
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Looking for a small table top RO water purifier for drinking purpose. Any recommendations?
Used to get bottled water from grocery shop earlier. Once lockdown started, tried boiling water for a few days but the taste was not good. For one month took bottle and colllected from BBMP RO unit in park nearby. Now with cases rising, I will stop going to the park to collect water. Called Kent guy today who came and tested the water in house. As the space below woodwork in kitchen is small, he recommended Kent Pearl (can be used both as tabletop and wall mount) which I will go for. Do not want to allow many people in house from demo now. TDS readings were 500 in tap with Cauvery + Borewell water and 700 in tap with only borewell water.

Very scared to allow outsider in house. Cleaned the house thoroughly once he left. Should have installed the filter when the times were still good.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 9th May 2020 at 15:02.
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks