Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2019, 12:59   #871
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

I purchased the Kent Grand Star a couple of months ago. Thought it is now time to service it for the first time and logged a request. The technician turned up the next day and asked me if there are any issues with the purifier. I replied in the negative and the only thing he did after that was just check the TDS level with the device and that was it!. He said nothing is required as it is working fine.

I had a Zero B earlier (2013 model) and the service used to take at least half an hour. He used to clean the filters and the tank, then check the flow etc.

When I told the Kent guy the same, he said this machine's filters are all concealed and no cleaning required. Use until it lasts and then replace. He will not open up anything unless there is an issue.

Is this how a service is done?
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 01:11   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I purchased the Kent Grand Star a couple of months ago.
This is not good. Eureka Forbes is better in that way. They do clean all the filters, tank and also the pipes sometimes get blocked due to hard water also the junctions get blocked. They clean everything.

Last edited by ampere : 29th September 2019 at 09:03. Reason: compacted quoted post
indranilmuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 10:14   #873
BHPian

MI is coming up with smart water purifier today. I checked it out at their store and seemed to be a good product. I know many won't relate MI with water purifiers, but worth a try. Tentative pricing as said by the sales guy was Rs.11000/-
Old 2nd October 2019, 20:45   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
MI is coming up with smart water purifier today. I checked it out at their store and seemed to be a good product. I know many won't relate MI with water purifiers, but worth a try. Tentative pricing as said by the sales guy was Rs.11000/-
If anyone has bought this product, please provide some feedback. I also liked the product and given that filters can be replaced DIY, looking forward to buying this one at some point.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:22   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Is the RO unit by-passable?
Old 23rd November 2019, 19:56   #876
BHPian

My Kent Pearl RO unit support hook broke today. I was lucky that while I was cleaning it the hook gave away. Its a 5 year old machine and it has been on these hooks since day 1. It is similar to the picture attached.
Any idea if the back frame can be replaced or how do I fix it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Recommended water purifier?-thumb.jpg  

Last edited by pgupta : 23rd November 2019 at 19:58.
pgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 07:59   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I suggest you drill a small hole through the bottom of the broken hook and run a plastic tie or equivalent through it. You may also want to sit it on a ledge for some extra support.
Old 24th November 2019, 08:21   #878
Senior - BHPian

These hooks were never a great idea to hold up 30kilos. If it falls, its a dangerous mess. We rest it on a platform.
Quote:
My Kent Pearl RO unit support hook broke today. I was lucky that while I was cleaning it the hook gave away. Its a 5 year old machine and it has been on these hooks since day 1. It is similar to the picture attached. Any idea if the back frame can be replaced or how do I fix it ?
Old 24th November 2019, 11:09   #879
BHPian

Quote:
My Kent Pearl RO unit support hook broke today.
I don't think the back frame is sold as a separate part to replace. May have to replace the entire unit!

Alternately, you could also consider using a caddy of sorts to hold the entire water purifier unit and caddy (made of SS or something equivalent) itself is held against the wall. Structurally, it might resemble one of those typical well made shower caddies!
Old 25th November 2019, 09:33   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
These hooks were never a great idea to hold up 30kilos. If it falls, its a dangerous mess. We rest it on a platform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
I don't think the back frame is sold as a separate part to replace. May have to replace the entire unit!

Alternately, you could also consider using a caddy of sorts to hold the entire water purifier unit and caddy (made of SS or something equivalent) itself is held against the wall. Structurally, it might resemble one of those typical well made shower caddies!
These two suggestions are the best for the heavy water purifiers as the screw in the wall and the plastic hook are prone to premature failures and thus becoming a potential hazard to happen.
Old 25th November 2019, 09:44   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
You can build a far far better unit than the branded ones for half the cost.

I made my RO filter myself based on CSM membrane with KR green FR + 2 paper prefilters + 3 colandas RO filters + Lexpure pump + SS UV chamber + Philips lamp + Biocera alkaline cartridge. These are some of the best in the market however costed me only 7-8k only and far far better than the readymade ones
Would be great if you could post some pics of the DIY filter.
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:41   #882
BHPian

Has anyone tried a subscription model based water purifier? Came across this only in the last week - drinkprime.in

Absolutely no connection with them.

I was traveling when I got a call from home that our kent water purifier has been giving trouble. Since we do not trust their services, there was no intention to reach out to them! After some google search, as a temporary solution, I toyed with the idea of this subscription model. Called up the listed number and spoke to a person named Arun (Kumar?). He did not quite answer my questions to my satisfaction. I decided to check with folks here before pursuing this any further.

Meanwhile, I just got the 20-litre Kinley can from a neighborhood store that is fairly prompt on delivery and service.
Old 23rd December 2019, 13:32   #883
Senior - BHPian

What is the correct service interval for an RO? My LivPure RO was serviced (filters were washed) 3-4 months back but ever since it was installed (August 2018), the original filters are not replaced.

What all components are mandatory to be replaced?
Old 23rd December 2019, 21:40   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
What is the correct service interval for an RO?
What all components are mandatory to be replaced?
The question on service interval has no unique answer/solution! It totally depends on inlet water quality and outlet water quality (measured TDS) that is acceptable to a given user/customer.

If the inlet water quality is poor, the service intervals are shorter - flushing off of filters. Typically, they perform it in reverse flow. Replace the filters if flushing it causes no further improvement in water quality.

Eventually most filters, the UV lights, the water booster pump, tubings will have to be replaced. At my apartment, I generally replace RO membrane every 30-36 months, other filters (carbon, sediment, UF, spun,...) are replaced more frequently (3-8 month intervals). The spun is replaced most frequently at 3-month intervals or less. Incidentally, I just replaced it today and typically have a stock of 3-5 of them handy at all times.
Old 30th December 2019, 08:46   #885
BHPian

Any input on where to buy Biocera Alkaline cartridge ? Amazon has sellers who offer the same product at a very different price range almost 50% difference. How to buy a genuine product ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks