Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 13:35   #316
BHPian

re: Recommended water purifier?

For all Bangaloreans, I strongly recommend EcoCrystal RO purifier. It is not a big brand and a small company. I bought it based on the fellow TBHPians feedback 2 years back. I am very satisfied. Good quality product with prompt service. NO hassles of AMCs and frequent filter changes required as like other brands recommending for a TDS of 450
Old 25th November 2013, 10:53   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
I'd rather you not do the indian jugaad with the local 35 bucks thing. I'm from your city & i shudder to think that those 35 bucks local bottles are not filled up at public taps where all sorts of things go on (you know what i mean).

If you have a borewell you can filter that water with a water purifier as its a better bet.
Like that huh? Yep, even I was thinking about how lenient I could get with my own health and my family's. Thanks buddy. Will save up for a proper purifier then.
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:30   #318
BHPian

I am placed in Bangalore, the water supply here is mostly through tanker lorries drawn from bore-wells.

I am exploring the RO purifier option (don't like bore-well water taste) among brands like Kent, Aqua guard which have the following options in their product range:
RO + UV
RO + UF
RO + UV + UF
RO + UV + UF + TDS
RO + UF + TDS
RO + UV + TDS

Can someone explain what would be the best option here from the above? I am currently of the thought that RO + UF is good enough for water purification, I see a good deal at the following link:
http://www.shopclues.com/ro-water-purifier-7.html

Isn't TDS part of the RO functionality, why is it explicitly marketed as a feature?
Old 2nd February 2014, 23:54   #319
BHPian

I was in market for RO and found good deal today in Metro, Hyderabad. They have latest model of Pure It Marvella RO (which has 10L tank and 6 stage of purification) for the old model price. The MRP was 16K and got the same at Rs. 14,199.

Hope it helps others who are similar lookout.
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:58   #320
BHPian

Purchased kent pearl ro

Parents have moved in to our home for long term, Of late I have been purchasing too many waters CAN's (around 5) per week, so finally decided to order kent pearl ro from snapdeal. Also guests and relatives have been complaining about quality of can water at our house, this also includes bisleri

Incase if you are looking for one this week, don't forget to use the coupon 'save5' on the payment page.

Here is the breakup:
Kent 8 Ltr Pearl RO Water Purifier
Promo Applied: [SAVE5]
Est. Shipping Date: Mar 06, 2014
Rs. 15390 1
Promo Applied: (-) Rs. 769
Rs. 14621

This was the cheapest I could get, I checked with local stores like Girias, Adhishwar, they were not ready to come down below 17k.

I hope this helps
Old 11th March 2014, 15:12   #321
BHPian

I have been using PureIT for last 5+ years and planning to replace it with Kent Gold. My experience with HUL has been average. The agency selling replacement kit is next door, but they insist on me getting home delivery and pay installation/delivery charges. Besides the kit is nothing more than a chlorine tablet. Plastic quality of Pureit is not upto the mark, and it chips away at the corners easily.

Only problem with Kent seems to be their communication. Have requested for a call/demo several times in the past month and so far there has been a silence. If they treat a prospective customer this way, I am scared to think about their service after I buy.

Anyone from Mumbai using Kent Gold or other devices, please post your experience. I need to purchase a new purifier by weekend.
Old 19th April 2014, 12:22   #322
BHPian

Can you suggest what kind of purifier should I go for in Bangalore, with Cauvery water supply? Will I get something under the budget of 8k?
Old 19th April 2014, 13:40   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Got our Kent Grand Plus serviced a few days back. However, according to the technician, the TDS level was earlier as low as 20 and he increased it to 100. However, since then the sweetness of the water is gone. The water tasted much better at the previous lower TDS setting. Wanted to ask you guys that is too low TDS in water is bad for health. The internet has a mixed response. Any advice from medico would be great to sum it up.
Old 28th April 2014, 17:00   #324
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am using the Pureit Classic 14 litres purifier for some months now. I directly pour in the Cauvery water and use it after purified.

Just curious - how good is the product? I mean, I have used it for some months and never thought of it , but how effective is this product in purifying the water?
Old 29th May 2014, 11:06   #325
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need your valuable suggestions and inputs. I'm looking to buy a water purifier for my new flat.

Currently we are managing with Bisleri 20 liter cans which are serving us well but we prefer a dedicated water purifier system.

We have an aquaguard UV at my parent's place for many decades but prefer an RO system. The water at our apartment is very hard and although we have cauvery water supply, we prefer to use ground water in addition to cauvery water (modification on plumbing will be done in due course).

We have shortlisted PureIt Marvella RO (link) and Aquaguard Enhance RO+UV (link). The aquaguard sales person came home and tested the water using some device and suggested this model.

I googled for reviews and both these brands have pathetic (or mixed) reviews so it's difficult for me to decide which one to go for.

Any other recommendations?

A fellow mod here has the Kent RO purifier but has had terrible after sales service. I'm completely confused and need your suggestions.

Please help.
Old 29th May 2014, 11:16   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Any other recommendations?

A fellow mod here has the Kent RO purifier but has had terrible after sales service. I'm completely confused and need your suggestions.

Please help.
Aditya, the service for Kent is nothing to write about. However, the product is good. When I was hunting for an RO system about an year back (I settled for Kent Grand Plus), I noticed that Kent was the only system in which you can set the TDS level manually. Plus, Kent has sold a lot of machines, hence spares should not be an issue when compared to other manufacturers.

Regards,
Saket
Old 29th May 2014, 16:15   #327
BHPian

Aditya,
Try ZeroB too.
We have been using this for almost 4 years now and is its doing its job pretty well.
We generally opt for AMC, which includes the replacement of external and internal filters.
THe AMC is going up year by year, First year we paid 3900, then next year it became 4200, subsequent 4400 and this year it landed up at 4600.
We have the service guy's number(we dont go with the official route of calling ZeroB and waiting for the service guy allotment) with us and call him once in 3 months to come and clean the purifier. He does it well(so far so good)
THe model name is Pristine and it cost us 14-15K if I remember correctly in 2010.
Old 29th May 2014, 16:51   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Guys, need your valuable suggestions and inputs. I'm looking to buy a water purifier for my new flat.
I was in your shoes few months back and after went for Own. This is a new brand (company is based @ Bangalore), but the specs are same as the market leaders, and looks quiet nice to boot. The machine have full touch screen operation and the AMC \ Service is not outsourced, but is handled by the company - do give it a look before you decide.

Here is the link where I have posted few details and a picture:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3382169

--Anoop
Old 3rd June 2014, 13:02   #329
Senior - BHPian

I've pretty much decided on PureIt Marvella RO. Any feedback on after sales support in the Blore region?
Old 14th June 2014, 10:56   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Got our Kent Grand Plus serviced a few days back. .
Are you based in bangalore? I'm not able to get in contact with any of the service centres listed in kent website.Needed to get the filters changed.Would you help me out with the contacts?

EDIT Sorry came to know that saket is not from bangalore.Anyone else pls help!:banghead:

Last edited by nijelj : 14th June 2014 at 11:06.

Most Viewed