Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2014, 10:59   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Are you based in bangalore? I'm not able to get in contact with any of the service centres listed in kent website.Needed to get the filters changed.Would you help me out with the contacts?
Sorry, my location is not Bangalore and of course, the local contacts will not be helpful to you
Old 14th June 2014, 11:30   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I've pretty much decided on PureIt Marvella RO. Any feedback on after sales support in the Blore region?
I am also hunting for a RO in Rohini (Delhi) and nearby areas. I went to Vijay Sales Pitampura inquiring about PureIT Marvella but he didn't suggested us because of the following
  • If TDS level in water is less than 500 (in our case its between 250-300)
  • If water is not salty (ours is not salty)

Even though all models were available on his showroom. On mouthshut.com reviews of PureIT are good.

http://www.mouthshut.com/product-rev...iews-925603027

Someone please throw some light on what basis should we select RO, RO+UV and so on. We are using Aquaguard since 10 years but its not effective now as bacteria have increased in our water supply.

Quote:
I googled for reviews and both these brands have pathetic (or mixed) reviews so it's difficult for me to decide which one to go for.

Any other recommendations?

A fellow mod here has the Kent RO purifier but has had terrible after sales service. I'm completely confused and need your suggestions.

Please help.
Both Aquaguard and KENT person come to my house and tested water using that device. I enquired ASS for both KENT and AQUA with trusted contacts. Aquaguard service was never disappointing but almost every second house in our society has KENT RO. They complained about services issues like person didn't came on time or the itemized bill increased 4k etc.

Thanks

Last edited by OneToughRider : 14th June 2014 at 11:37. Reason: Added more information
Old 14th June 2014, 12:33   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Are you based in bangalore? I'm not able to get in contact with any of the service centres listed in kent website.Needed to get the filters changed.Would you help me out with the contacts?

EDIT Sorry came to know that saket is not from bangalore.Anyone else pls help!:banghead:
Pure Water House is an authorised distributor and service provider for Kent systems.

Just google for Pure Water House, you can get the contact details on their website.

Rohan
Old 16th June 2014, 09:51   #334
Senior - BHPian

After many weeks and months of research and talking to many people, I decided to skip the RO water purifier and just get a plain jane UV water purifier.

Many people i spoke with mentioned that RO makes people vulnerable to infection since they get used to drinking pure and clean water which may not be available at other places such as while traveling, etc.

So i got the PureIt Marvella UV yesterday from Viveks for 7200/-. Installation will be done in a day or two.
Old 16th June 2014, 10:10   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Many people i spoke with mentioned that RO makes people vulnerable to infection since they get used to drinking pure and clean water which may not be available at other places such as while traveling, etc.
Congrats Aditya for the new purifier. I had also got similar advice from people that drinking RO water will make one vulnerable to infections as one gets used to it, but then who drinks tap water or water from unknown sources while travelling? We all mostly use packaged drinking water which is as good as RO water, or may be even better. As far as drinking water in other's houses, such as friends & relatives who may not have RO system at their place, I have never had any issues since last one year. IMO, any water which is safe for drinking, be it RO or not, it will not harm you, even if you get used to RO water.

One positive of RO water that we noticed is that the metabolism has improved. Also, our hunger had died because of the 'heavy' feeling of the water we were drinking which had a TDS of 450 after UV purification. If your TDS is anywhere near this mark, I would urge you to reconsider your decision.

Regards,
Saket
Old 16th June 2014, 10:43   #336
BHPian

We finalized on

http://www.eurekaforbes.com/Product/...Ro--Uv?pid=230

with 1000 rupees less in exchange of old Aqua. Quite expensive but that's what our requirement. Installation will be done for both direct and tank water @ Kitchen for free.
Old 17th June 2014, 06:57   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Pure Water House is an authorised distributor and service provider for Kent systems.

Just google for Pure Water House, you can get the contact details on their website.

Rohan
Thank you so much Rohan. Called the pure water house people one Saturday. They took down my details and the service person came on monday. He replaced my filters (400 each) and charged 350 for the service itself. I didn't have to ask for the bill, because after the job he took out the bill book and started writing. Very professional!
Old 17th June 2014, 09:46   #338
BANNED

The independents beat the OE chaps hollow. After all they need the business to survive. Also, they tend to be cheaper, more thorough, often better skilled, and keep to the schedule on their own.
Old 17th June 2014, 11:23   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

One positive of RO water that we noticed is that the metabolism has improved. Also, our hunger had died because of the 'heavy' feeling of the water we were drinking which had a TDS of 450 after UV purification. If your TDS is anywhere near this mark, I would urge you to reconsider your decision.

Regards,
Saket
I measured TDS of my tap water..it is aroung 150-160.
I have Aquaguard UV purifier and it does not reduce the TDS expectedly.

Does it make sense for me to invest in a RO purifier?
Old 17th June 2014, 11:42   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

UV purifiers do not control TDS. They only 'kill' the virus & bacteria in water. In fact, they de-activate most of the virus & bacteria present in water for about 24 hours. So, such water is good for consumption within 24 hours of time frame.
Coming to TDS, its not at all high in your area, so you can easily live without an RO system. If the taste of water is good, i.e.. not salty, then you may give RO systems a miss and continue with UV purifiers.
In fact, in our previous company quarter, we used Philips UV filter for about 4 good years without any problem. It is since we shifted to our new flat that we felt the need of RO system. Hence, shifted to Kent Grand+
Old 17th June 2014, 11:47   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
UV purifiers do not control TDS. They only 'kill' the virus & bacteria in water. In fact, they de-activate most of the virus & bacteria present in water for about 24 hours. So, such water is good for consumption within 24 hours of time frame.
Coming to TDS, its not at all high in your area, so you can easily live without an RO system. If the taste of water is good, i.e.. not salty, then you may give RO systems a miss and continue with UV purifiers.
In fact, in our previous company quarter, we used Philips UV filter for about 4 good years without any problem. It is since we shifted to our new flat that we felt the need of RO system. Hence, shifted to Kent Grand+
Thanks.. I know that UV purifier does not reduce TDS ..thats why I had said expectedly. May be I did not put it in a better way.
The water taste is not salty...it tastes normal.
So, I guess we can live with my existing UV purifier.
Old 17th June 2014, 12:47   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.. I know that UV purifier does not reduce TDS ..thats why I had said expectedly. May be I did not put it in a better way.
The water taste is not salty...it tastes normal.
So, I guess we can live with my existing UV purifier.
Because Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) cannot be removed with mechanical filtration or standard carbon filtration, a Reverse Osmosis system is one of the most effective means of filtration. With an RO system the TDS level increases on the high pressure side of the membrane as water permeates through the membrane to the low pressure side. The high TDS water is flushed down the drain, and the water that has passed through the membrane now has very little TDS and is available for immediate use.

More information: http://www.everpure.com/products/Pag...andingROS.aspx

What Type Of Mineral Contaminants Are Removed By R.O.?
Reduction of mineral components that make up total dissolved solids will vary up to a maximum of 99.8% depending on water chemistry and pressure.

Source:
http://www.tdsmeter.com/education?id=0008

Selecting a RO or UV or both generally depends upon the water supply in your area. You may check out with neighbors or locals at your place who are using water filters, before taking a call.

I mentioned in my earlier post, water supply at my area comes with TDS between 250-300 ppm (water is not salty in taste). Earlier water supply was direct from haiderpur water plant which was good, but since past 6 months we are getting mixed water (plant water and ground water). Old aqua guard wasn't unable to reduce TDS and my dad got stomach infection. Then we switched to 20 litres Kinley cans still we thought its high time to go for RO based water purifier.

Thanks

Last edited by OneToughRider : 17th June 2014 at 12:49. Reason: Minor correction in content
Old 17th June 2014, 18:06   #343
Team-BHP Support

Just last week I installed http://www.aquaguard.in/EFLAqua_Enhance_RO.aspx in my flat.

Very professional service by Eureka Fobres.

I called them up. They responded with a phone number for the local guy.
He came home and collected RS 1,000 as booking amount.

Then 3-4 days later a guy came to deliver the unit and collect payment. Unfortunately his credit card machine did not work.

However the next day the installers came by and fixed the unit.

2 days later the guy called up and came home to swipe my credit card.

The water tastes fine and I only regret not having installed this earlier.
Old 17th June 2014, 21:04   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Just last week I installed http://www.aquaguard.in/EFLAqua_Enhance_RO.aspx in my flat.

I called them up. They responded with a phone number for the local guy.
He came home and collected RS 1,000 as booking amount.

Then 3-4 days later a guy came to deliver the unit and collect payment. Unfortunately his credit card machine did not work.

However the next day the installers came by and fixed the unit.

2 days later the guy called up and came home to swipe my credit card.

The water tastes fine and I only regret not having installed this earlier.
Congrats for your purchase. Mine is the same model and waiting for installation (coming sunday). I'd also given 1000 rupees booking amount and we didn't go for EMIs as I believe it will be a loss. Total cost with exchange of Old Aqua is Rs 14, 490.

Though they didn't reduce any price further, sales guy said that 300 rupees more can be reduced which will be his selling benefits from the org, so we stopped bargaining
Old 18th June 2014, 03:28   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

At that low TDS, don't. Unless the taste is off.

Quote:
After many weeks and months of research and talking to many people, I decided to skip the RO water purifier and just get a plain jane UV water purifier.

So i got the PureIt Marvella UV yesterday from Viveks for 7200/-. Installation will be done in a day or two.
Congrats on the PureIT but this immunity thing is sheer urban legend man. That hasn't been the case for anyone in our family over almost ten years. Take even our 3 year old. The idiot that he is, he often spills food and inspite of telling him not to, he will pick it up and eat it. *touch wood* He hasn't fallen ill in a long time. The only thing he's susceptible to, is the change of weather when winter happens in delhi. He didn't have any cold in chennai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks