Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 18:02   #121
Team-BHP Support

Ok so for multiple pub hopping if we go to Ministry of sound at around 9, stay till close, and at midnight go to some other place which is open till wee hours?

But I would prefer it to be one place.
Something like F-Lounge or that candles and water white colored lounge on church street bangalore.

Are there no good lounge/Discs in Delhi where you can sit in comfort if you want to or hit the dance floor.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:09   #122
BHPian

Comfort and Nightclubs don't go hand in hand, at least in Delhi. It always gets bloody crowded at most good discs.

Try picking up the latest/last issue of Times Out. It was a special issue covering all the best watering holes in Delhi.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 7th February 2008 at 18:11.
Old 7th February 2008, 19:07   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm...I've been hearing some good things about a new joint in GK called Smokehouse Grill. You can try that too, I'll try & get you more details about it in a day or two.
Old 7th February 2008, 21:11   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hmmm...I've been hearing some good things about a new joint in GK called Smokehouse Grill. You can try that too, I'll try & get you more details about it in a day or two.
The smokehouse is at GKII. I've been there a few times.

It belongs to the same guys that own Mocha and Saltwater Grill.
Some good smoked food, great salad and overall a good dining experience.
Apart from being a restaurant, the smokehouse is fast gaining the reputation of being a music driven restobar where it is quite cool to catch a few drinks.
Check out their rather cool mascot when you get there.
Old 7th February 2008, 21:56   #125
Senior - BHPian

Only about watering holes (not pubs):
I know a good place in gurgaon to catch a few drinks (not that I do) - fuel, sector 15. VERY relaxed ambience, and just the place to chill out with friends and just go yak yak yak yak yak. but no dance floor.

by the people who own moet's. That being said, even Fuel (?) in def col is a nice chill place in evenings. ofc, donno about the speciifc timings you mention. but like till 10ish, these places are nice chilled out with _decent crowd_, good ambience and chat up. but yeah, just not the disc thingie,
Old 7th February 2008, 22:31   #126
BHPian

For a good night out partying here are 7 of the best at the moment in Delhi:

1. Smoke house grill- masjid moth shopping complex-gk-2
Best Mojitos, Best Crowd and Best Music…Never gets over crowded. BY far my Favourite place at the moment...

2. The newly launched fbar -ashoka hotel. (Was launched yesterday night, beautiful place, have to see how it progresses next couple of days.)

3. Capitol(orange room) - ashoka hotel (this place has a 24 hr license and is open till 3,4 am easily on weekends, has decent crowds but overpriced drinks.)

4. Indochine, savannah bar - tavern on the greens, ado sarai - this is one of the hottest prettiest places in town. A must visit.

5. Tabularasa - square one mall, saket – this is a very contemporary place with great crowds, did phenomenally till recently where crowds have dwindled a bit but still a must visit.

6. KUKI - - masjid moth shopping complex-gk-2

7. Six Month Story- Daffodil Hotel on the Tivoli Garden Road Chattarpur

Last edited by tsk1979 : 7th February 2008 at 22:50.
Old 7th February 2008, 22:53   #127
Team-BHP Support

Wow girish, thats some list
I think Tabularasa and Ashoka hotel are the best bets.
Ashoka means we have 2 places to go to, and about the former, many people have said good things.
Somebody told me its in city center mall in Saket, whats this square one mall?
I have just been to citywalk and the PVR complex in saket.
Old 8th February 2008, 00:28   #128
Senior - BHPian

Square One is located right behind Citywalk Tanveer. Just take the first left before Citywalk (if it's on your left) and then the first right, you'll get to Sqaure One.
Old 11th February 2008, 17:44   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There used to be something called Ghungroos in a 5 star hotel, is it still open under a new name?
Hows the place.
Ghungroo was by par the best and longest living club that Delhi had. It was in Maurya Sheraton and this is now what is called Dublin.

Dublin was an equally amazing place, classy and rich decor with exactly how you would feel about Dublin city (lots of wood, cigars etc.) Used to be a regular till a few years ago but then they made entry for members only or if you know who's who. Also, the alcohol was priced to be super expensive, the main reason we stopped (A simple IMFL was 700 a peg).

It's still on, don't know about their entry criteria or the pricing but I'm sure the regulars still visit. Worth a try!
Old 12th February 2008, 20:00   #130
BHPian

Guys,

Any suggestions for a good place to visit on Valentine's day?

Should have good ambience, nice decent crowd and should be open during day time on that day?

How is Aqua at Park, CP?
Old 12th February 2008, 21:16   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Guys,

Any suggestions for a good place to visit on Valentine's day?

Should have good ambience, nice decent crowd and should be open during day time on that day?

How is Aqua at Park, CP?
I bet that what a coincidence, even i am on lookout for some nice place and visit this particular thread looking for the same But i am looking for an evening option i.e. after 6.

I would prefer to have a suggestion of place holding up some candle light and live soft music kinda stuff.
Old 13th February 2008, 11:20   #132
Team-BHP Support

Ok Guys I checked out the new F-Bar and Capitol at Ashoka.
I must say both the places rock!
A bit on the expensive side for F-Bar(couple 2500rs), but if you get to Capitol before midnight its 1000/couple and its all redeemable unlike Elevate where they keep half your money.
The crowd, the DG, the ambience is much better than elevate.
Moreover they have much better midnight buffet for 300rs.

As for F-Bar, its fashonable with a capital F, and I think its going to be the next "in thing" in Delhi.

I used to think nightlife scene in Delhi is lousy(esp after been to almost every nightclub in Bangalore from The Club, to Taikas) but its not that bad.
Of course I havent seen anything like Taikas in Delhi, that place in simply out of this world.
But F-Bar comes pretty close

For Valentines day, I suggest you check out Tabula Rasa, most people I have spoken to speak good about it.

Last Valentines day we hung out at saket and went to a very very full Buzz(in the PVR market there).

Another place I recommend is Aqua at the Park in CP, or Lodhi(don't remember exact name) near Lodhi gardens.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:41   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Ok Guys I checked out the new F-Bar and Capitol at Ashoka.
I must say both the places rock!
A bit on the expensive side for F-Bar(couple 2500rs), but if you get to Capitol before midnight its 1000/couple and its all redeemable unlike Elevate where they keep half your money.
The crowd, the DG, the ambience is much better than elevate.
Moreover they have much better midnight buffet for 300rs.

As for F-Bar, its fashonable with a capital F, and I think its going to be the next "in thing" in Delhi.

I used to think nightlife scene in Delhi is lousy(esp after been to almost every nightclub in Bangalore from The Club, to Taikas) but its not that bad.
Of course I havent seen anything like Taikas in Delhi, that place in simply out of this world.
But F-Bar comes pretty close

For Valentines day, I suggest you check out Tabula Rasa, most people I have spoken to speak good about it.

Last Valentines day we hung out at saket and went to a very very full Buzz(in the PVR market there).

Another place I recommend is Aqua at the Park in CP, or Lodhi(don't remember exact name) near Lodhi gardens.
Where is F-Bar?

And, is Aqua open during lunch hours?
Old 13th February 2008, 15:22   #134
Team-BHP Support

Aqua is open during lunch hours, call The Park to check.
F-Bar is in Ashoka Hotel at chanakyapuri
Old 13th February 2008, 15:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

It's been a while since I've been to the new clubs. Must start hitting the scene soon!

Thanks for the reviews Tanveer!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks