Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 23:13   #1636

*BUMP* For all those who missed BECHARE ZAMEEN PAR on MTV, it is on right now!! It just started!! It is a Must Watch!!
Old 26th September 2008, 08:58   #1637
Team-BHP Support

Watched Mamma Mia

It was good fun, all the old Abba songs. You could see the whole cast had pure fun doing this.

Even more fun was being in a time warp. Many batchmates, even spotted an old lecturer (she was lusious in her day, now fat and grumpy with two teenagers!) were there
Old 26th September 2008, 09:18   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
*BUMP* For all those who missed BECHARE ZAMEEN PAR on MTV, it is on right now!! It just started!! It is a Must Watch!!
Lol. Saw it.. Its crazy. Cyrus as the school boy. Mtv can come up with the wierdiest of things. Your statement should have been posted on amir khans blog.
Old 28th September 2008, 17:54   #1639
BHPian

Watched Cloverfield and 1408

Cloverfield - A very different attempt but too much strain on the eyes for me watching this film. 3/5

1408 - Thriller and Horror from a different perspective. Worth watching. 3.5/5

Have many movies lined up to watch . Mostly horror and thriller movies. Mirrors, Silent Hill to name a few .
Old 28th September 2008, 19:01   #1640
Team-BHP Support

Was able to catch the rerun of 'Bechare Zameen Par', and it was hilarious.

How did you guys find 'Cheque De India'? It didnt live upto the standard set by BZP.
Old 29th September 2008, 02:48   #1641
BHPian

Saw Papillon & Natural Born Killers(Directors's cut) again .
Old 29th September 2008, 08:22   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Watched Sajjanpur, could not figure out why were few people in hall laughing. Total let down by Shyam Benegal.

My rating would 1.5/5

The only part where I really had a laugh was when the Dulha doggie comes on the screen thats too good.
Old 29th September 2008, 09:41   #1643
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Sajjanpur, could not figure out why were few people in hall laughing. Total let down by Shyam Benegal.

My rating would 1.5/5
It was pathetic!! I shouldnt have gone in the first place.
3 Stars par kaise?
Old 29th September 2008, 10:00   #1644
BHPian

Another classic on Zee Studio yesterday afternoon. They were showing "Remember the Titans", based on true events set in 1971 in Virginia, USA. The black-white hatred was at its peak when Herman Boone (brilliantly played by Denzel Washington) is given charge of the newly formed desegregated TC Williams High School football team. His assistant coach Yoast (played by Will Patton) is a white.

The story revolves around the hatred pattern in the society during those days. Two main protagonists Gerry Bertier (played by Ryan Hurst) and Julius Campbell (played by Wood Harris) who at one point in time display racial hatred but when better sanity prevails are sworn brothers both on and off the field.

The team goes undefeated in the high school college championships amidst growing acceptance of the black community in the dominant white bastion.

A great movie and some very touching moments. Denzel Washington shows why he is regarded as one of the best actors of his times. Ryan Hurst as Gerry Bertier looks like a matador and as the inspirational captain of the team is superlative. Other characters are well sketched and the movie moves at a great pace.

A must watch. I rate it a high 4/5.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:52   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Watched the movie 'Worlds Fastest Indian' ( The World's Fastest Indian (2005) ) last weekend, off the DVD that was provided by an auto magazine.

A real life story of a New Zealander, Burt Munro, who's passion for his Indian bike and speed made him the fastest and the world record holder in the sub 1000cc category.

Starring Antony Hopkins. Would rate this as a must watch 4.5/5!

EDIT: Check out an excellent review at The Passion of the Bike - The World's Fastest Indian - Epinions.com

Last edited by HappyWheels : 29th September 2008 at 10:56.
Old 29th September 2008, 11:05   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

My rating would 1.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
It was pathetic!! I shouldnt have gone in the first place.
3 Stars par kaise?
Yeah..the reviews were good, but the movie was sad, no humour at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Watched the movie 'Worlds Fastest Indian' ( The World's Fastest Indian (2005) ) last weekend, off the DVD that was provided by an auto magazine.
Its an amazing movie man, beautifully shot, well made stuff
Old 29th September 2008, 16:22   #1647
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " The Blair Witch project" last night.

It's a story of 3 people going into the woods to film a documentary on a supposedly eerie and voodo happenings in those woods. You see the entire movie through the lens of their camera, that itself was a little disturbing plus the shaky movements of the camera was a bit irritating.

On the whole, i couldnt really understand what happened to the 3 folks in the end as they all seem to die. Their is no premise set regarding the enemy.

Audience is never shown what these 3 people are up against.
Looking at the woods, it was a bit scary but nothing as much as i thought.

You can easily give this flick a miss!

1/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th September 2008 at 16:23.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:35   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched " The Blair Witch project" last night.

It's a story of 3 people going into the woods to film a documentary on a supposedly eerie and voodo happenings in those woods. You see the entire movie through the lens of their camera, that itself was a little disturbing plus the shaky movements of the camera was a bit irritating.

On the whole, i couldnt really understand what happened to the 3 folks in the end as they all seem to die. Their is no premise set regarding the enemy.

Audience is never shown what these 3 people are up against.
Looking at the woods, it was a bit scary but nothing as much as i thought.

You can easily give this flick a miss!

1/5
Thanks for the review. I had this movie in the watch list for this weekend, now i can safely give this a skip. I am already tired of watching cloverfield where again the whole movie is through the camera held by one of the actors.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:36   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Watched a couple of old movies over the weekend.

1. The Score -- Starring Robert De Niro and Edward Norton. Fantastic performance by Edward Norton and DeNiro. Basically it is a heist where DeNiro is the thief and has to steal a sceptre from the Customs.

5/5 for The Score.

2. Jackie Brown -- Starring Samuel L Jackson and Robert DeNiro.

Pretty good movie. Worth a watch. Contains explicit dialogues so dont watch when kids are around.

3/5 for Jackie Brown.

3. The Road To El Dorado -- Animated adventure.

Wonderfully animated movie where the story involves 2 friends who are looking for gold... lots of gold to be found as per the map which leads to El Dorado.

4/5 for this one. Must watch with kids.
Old 2nd October 2008, 19:17   #1650
BHPian

Watched Silent Hill (2006) and Hitman today

Silent Hill - Boring long movie . Didn't like it. Rating 1.5/5

Hitman - Story on a CIA agent and an assassination executed by him. This was good and watchable. Rating 3.5/5
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks