Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:52   #1621
BANNED

I dont watch MTV quite often but while flicking channels i came across the Bechara Zameen Par - nice spoof. Cyrus can really act.

The part where the mom hands him the bills and he screams Dahi vada Rs 50 + VAT + Service Tax - you guys are cheating me - i couldnt stop laughing.

Kya mandir ka ghunta hu mai maa......(am i a temple bell). Good Entertainment.

Oh and the guy who enacted Aamir Khan, guys you need to watch him.
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:40   #1622
Team-BHP Support

Excellent!! I am referring to 'Bechare Zameen Par' on MTV. Cyrus Sahukar is just splendid! Is there any Youtube link to the same? I missed some parts of the spoof, and would love to watch it again.
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:52   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Excellent!! I am referring to 'Bechare Zameen Par' on MTV. Cyrus Sahukar is just splendid! Is there any Youtube link to the same? I missed some parts of the spoof, and would love to watch it again.
It is repeated all through the week till the following Saturday when they air a new one.
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:15   #1624

The movie was splendid!! I loved the songs as dippy said. Mandir Ka Ghanta and bum bum le le were the defining moments though!!

Also, I am getting a CD of all the MTV movies soon!!
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:33   #1625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
It is repeated all through the week till the following Saturday when they air a new one.
Dippy, i wanted to watch it without interruptions from the ads.
Call me lazy.
Old 22nd September 2008, 16:43   #1626
Distinguished - BHPian

Already started making good of my new BIGFLIX membership. Watched a couple of movies over the weekend

"The Hills have eyes"

An amazingly made horror/slash gore movie and will keep you on the edge of the seat. The music deserves a special mention as the tension is mainly created by their eerie music.

The special effects also are wonderful and how they shot them is amazing discovery when i checked out their movie making special cut.

Horror Genre fans would love it

3.5/5

"Runaway Jury"

Wonderful movie made from the novel by John Grisham with the same name, including all the characters in the movie. Fabulous acting in sequence by Gene Hackman, John Cusak, Rachel Wiez and Dustin Hoffman.

A must watch for lovers of legal eagle thriller lovers.

I read the book also and as usual, i always like the book versions much better than the movie version

4/5
Old 22nd September 2008, 18:38   #1627
BHPian

Rock On

I wanted to see this movie since its release but my wifey was just refusing (she doesn't understand and doesn't like loud rock music). But then she wanted to see Bachna Ae Haseeno, and we made a deal - I will take her to see Bachna... and she will take me to see Rock On. So, last week we saw Bachna... and Yesterday (Sunday), it was my time to Rock On !

Needless to say I had one hell of a rocking time. But surprise surprise, my wifey enjoyed it more than me. It was totally a new and different kind of experience for her. First of all, she was amused by the simple and somewhat silly lyrics of the songs. She was laughing out loudly to the song Zahreelay because of its weird music and lyrics...

Jag mein saamp baste hai..
Sabko saamp dus the Hai..

Zehreelay Zehreelay..
Kaale Neele Peele..
Pathar Ki Hai Aankhein.. (rest we could not comprehend !)

And at the climax, just before the song Sindbad the Sailor, when Arjun Rampal makes a dramatic entry, my wife just could not hold on tears. She was crying like mad.

Funniest part: After the movie, when we were walking towards parking area, she wanted to know if they organize such rock contests in Bangalore !
Old 22nd September 2008, 19:05   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
"Runaway Jury"
I read the book also and as usual, i always like the book versions much better than the movie version
4/5
Agree completely on the rating. Excellent movie.

I do usually like the book versions better, but I think this one came very close to the spirit of the book, though they substituted cigarettes for guns.
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:59   #1629
BHPian

Watched "Death Race" fantastic movie with some superb stunts, Dodge,mustang & other race cars in action and drivers strive to live.
a must watch when released here in theaters.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:05   #1630
Distinguished - BHPian

@bombatt, agree with your wife's feelings completely. The entry by Arjun at the last moment is indeed quite touching.

I had a tough time holding back my tears
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:05   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Saw " You dont mess with the Zohan" yesterday. Its seriously funny and Sandler puts you into splits. Very similar antics to Hot Shots but Sandler makes the difference. And yes you do hear our very own Bappi Lahiri's Jimmy Jimmy towards the end in the climax fight plus its on the movie's original soundtrack too which I got hold of yesterday.
Old 24th September 2008, 11:32   #1632
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night, i saw :

The French Connection

What a wonderful movie. The quality of the movie is high class considering its a 1971 movie. Beautiful, Grey winter season of New York City has been asthetically captured and the car-chase was very well directed.

Gene Hackman is the man of the movie, watch his acting, superb. Also Roy Schieder ( Jaws fame) is good as his partner.

Highlight of the movie, is how to stakeout your prey and tailing people on foot, superb sychnronisation

I couldnt help making a comparison with Ronin, and i find it much better than French Connection but then we are talking about a different era altogether with so much technology advancement.

Nevertheless, French Connection is a higly watchable movie and totally deserves the 5 academy awards that it won.

4/5
Old 24th September 2008, 13:01   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Before the Rains' recently. The movie is set in the tea plantation hills of southern Kerala during the pre-independence era. It is about a local girl who has an extra marital affair with her employer, a British planter and its consequences.

The film is extremely well shot. Santosh Sivan movies are always a visual treat. But the script needed to be a bit more substantial. A few characters in the script are under-developed and as a result, an actress of Nandita Das' calibre is not able to do full justice to her role.

Could have been a bit more gripping, but still a very watchable bi-lingual movie.

6.5/10.
Old 25th September 2008, 00:06   #1634
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Watched 88 minutes The movie is a thriller and its very well made. al pacino does justice to his role. I didn't like the ending though its very predictable but overall a nice movie

3.5/5
Old 25th September 2008, 03:32   #1635
Senior - BHPian

I Saw " You dont mess with the Zohan" today and what a laugh riot it is. Silly and stupid and that actually works. Must watch.
Rating - 4.5/5
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks