Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 03:57   #1471
Senior - BHPian

Watched Bachna Ae Haseeno today, pretty nice movie & totally recommended! It's not a Quadrangular love story, I'll just say that much!

But the comic part is really nice with Sachin (Ranbir's best friend) taking the cake! The first half especially is very very funny & nice due to their antics. The second half does tend to get a bit slow as Ranbir goes about correcting his mistakes but is not bad at all. Minissha & Deepika look absolutely ravishing, Bipasha I'm not sure about! Deepika especially plays her character beautifully & really is more than a match for Ranbir in the movie!

Some great locations, good music & hot looking actresses add to the appeal of the film.

I would give it a 3.5/5 & IMO it's a worth watch!
Old 16th August 2008, 09:52   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Nice review there Ishaan. Any reviews of God Tussi great ho??? Gautam, Tanvir , Varun Post your reviews please.
Old 16th August 2008, 11:37   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Bachna Ae Haseeno

A story of a guy who falls in love with 3 different females at different times in his life. While he dumps the first 2 , the 3rd girl dumps him. And then he feels the pain caused and decides to seek forgiveness of those 2 girls he dumped.

An absolutely breezy 1st half with a super slow 2nd half. All the actors have performed well. Ranbir has to carry the movie on himself and he does it quite well.
Bipasha and Deepika look good while Minisha is cute (I loved her track more than the other 2).

A couple of songs - Ahista Ahista and Khuda Jaane are very good. The rest are bad.

The movie could have been 30 mins shorter and I would have given it a 3.5. It's got fantastic locales and camerawork is good. Direction looses the grip a bit in the 2nd half.

Verdict - 2.5/5.
You will love the 1st half and want the 2nd to be over asap.
Old 16th August 2008, 11:47   #1474
Senior - BHPian

God Tussi Great Ho

A bollywood rip-off of Bruce Almighty, although not as much as I had feared it to be. Salman Khan is a talented though out of luck TV anchor, who seems to blame God for all the non-happenings in his life. His shows fail, his father keeps cribbing and complaining all day long and he has a 'Jassi-jaisee-koi-nahi' type of sister who the family wants married off desperately. Amitabh, who plays God, grants him a meeting and gives him the powers to run the world for 10 days. Its a moralistic story of how man is selfish and how God keeps balance in the world.

Piggy Chops is looking quite sexy, albeit has no meaty role in the movie. Sohail Khan as usual rides as a 2nd hero in Salman's movies. Comedy is a force fit I feel and not genuine. The only saving grace is Salman Khan with a good performance.

Just a timepass. 5/10
Old 16th August 2008, 13:39   #1475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
A bollywood rip-off of Bruce Almighty, although not as much as I had feared it to be. Salman Khan is a talented though out of luck TV anchor, who seems to blame God for all the non-happenings in his life. His shows fail, his father keeps cribbing and complaining all day long and he has a 'Jassi-jaisee-koi-nahi' type of sister who the family wants married off desperately. Amitabh, who plays God, grants him a meeting and gives him the powers to run the world for 10 days. Its a moralistic story of how man is selfish and how God keeps balance in the world.

Piggy Chops is looking quite sexy, albeit has no meaty role in the movie. Sohail Khan as usual rides as a 2nd hero in Salman's movies. Comedy is a force fit I feel and not genuine. The only saving grace is Salman Khan with a good performance.

Just a timepass. 5/10
As i expected. Bruce almighty wasn't as good too. Thankfully saved my money and time and didn't watched this one
Old 16th August 2008, 13:51   #1476
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to add - they showed the promos of DOSTANA from the Karan Johar camp - the movie stars AB Jr, Priyanka and John Abraham.

Priyanka is in a bikini (wow), AB is a bore and John is SUPER WOW as he appears from the sea in a Daniel Craig like shorts "ABSOLUTELY DROOOOOOOOOOL"

He looks HOT HOT HOT !!

Watch the promo here -

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th August 2008 at 15:30.
Old 16th August 2008, 16:51   #1477
Senior - BHPian

At last I saw Singh is Kinng (Whats with the two Ns)
I have never likes any of Anees Bazmees films but he must be doing something right for all his films being block buster hits.
I did not get tickets in Inox nor Imax so settled for a 8.30 show in Metro. The theatre was 40% empty but agai, this theatre has 5 screens out of which 3 were screening the movie at that time.
If you are a Punjabi or understand punjabi you will find the film hilarious. The dialogues are to die for and I can think of a few which the censors missed, due to their lack of understanding the language i presume.
AKshay is brilliant and im sure will walsk away with the award of the best actor in a comic role. Mark my words.
I am not a Katreena Kaif fan so the less said about her the better.
I went to the theatre to expect some really bad acting and a lot of actors hamming. To my surprise I found that to be untrue, except inthe case of Javed Jafri. He seems to have taken his enacting and spoofing the mannerisms of senior actors very seriously.
Remember he spoofed Feroze Khan in Salam Namaste and he does here with a double role. As Mikka he spoofs Dara Singhs dialogue delivery (and fails miserably at that) and as the old guy he spoofs Amrish Puri. In both, i thought he was bad. Javed is a great actor with fantastic comic timing but although his timing is perfect, he should try some experiments on his acting. Seeing him dance was a delight, though he has danced after a long time on screen.
The story is....well theres no story, but in a movie like this you go to get a few laughs and for total time pass which is succeeds in.
Kiron Kher is fantastic in a small role and I loved it when she looks at Akshay and asks him why he is dressed as Alladin??
There are small, small touches of humour here and there which one should notice and the Music is foot stomping.
The track, "Jee Karda" is a night club hit. Even "Bhootni Ke" is a good. "Teri Ore" is a beautifully composed melody but what takes the cake is the Title track "Singh Is Kinng" by Mika, which is one of the most rocking Hip Hop tracks that i have heard in a long time.
Sonu Sood being used as a table and a nut bowl holder then as a wicket keeper on wheel chair is hilarious.
All in all a very watchable film with good stunts.
I would give it a 3/5.
Old 16th August 2008, 23:39   #1478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I forgot to add - they showed the promos of DOSTANA from the Karan Johar camp - the movie stars AB Jr, Priyanka and John Abraham.

Priyanka is in a bikini (wow), AB is a bore and John is SUPER WOW as he appears from the sea in a Daniel Craig like shorts "ABSOLUTELY DROOOOOOOOOOL"

He looks HOT HOT HOT !!

Watch the promo here - YouTube - DOSTANA | PROMO | FT. ABHISHEK | JOHN & PRIYANKA CHOPRA | HQ
Piggy Chops in bikini thats some real drool maal. She is one sexy babe. So that makes a total of 3 Bollywood babes in Bikini. Bipasha, Kareena and now Priyanka.

P.S. Just saw the trailer on Youtube. Its not a *real* bikini as I expected, but more like the 'Bollywood-covered-bikini'. :-(. I think the only REAL bikini worn onscreen was by Bipasha in Dhoom 2. I dont consider Kareena's bikini in Tashan as 'sexy'

P.P.S Gautam - since when did you start noticing guys so seriously? ;-)

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 16th August 2008 at 23:44.
Old 17th August 2008, 00:03   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Kareena ? Sexy babe?
Im sorry for you bollywood spoilt mumbhais!
Old 17th August 2008, 00:07   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
She is one sexy babe.
I don't find her sexy at all. To each his own.
Quote:
Its not a *real* bikini as I expected, but more like the 'Bollywood-covered-bikini'.
What are you saying ? Check out the promo again.
Quote:
P.P.S Gautam - since when did you start noticing guys so seriously? ;-)
Cos, that scene reminded me of Daniel Craig in the bond flick and with the portly AB alongside John - obviously John was more in the limelight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Kareena ? Sexy babe?
Im sorry for you bollywood spoilt mumbhais!
Then who is sexy according to you Nitrous ? Khushboo ?
Old 17th August 2008, 00:12   #1481
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Like you said to each his own .Not Khushboo. But, She's atleast a lady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normally_crazy
AB is a bore and John is SUPER WOW as he appears from the sea in a Daniel Craig like shorts "ABSOLUTELY DROOOOOOOOOOL"

He looks HOT HOT HOT !!

Last edited by nitrous : 17th August 2008 at 00:13.
Old 17th August 2008, 00:19   #1482
BHPian

NC Nishant is right ,that's not a bikini .
this is called tank or tankini, one piece swimwear.
Old 17th August 2008, 00:35   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
John is SUPER WOW as he appears from the sea in a Daniel Craig like shorts "ABSOLUTELY DROOOOOOOOOOL"

He looks HOT HOT HOT !!
Uff !! Bas Gautam, Bas !!! I never knew you found guys drooling

REVIEW - BACHNA AE HASEENO -

Just watched this movie today.

I loved the movie as it is refreshingly different. Ranbeer has to be the latest heartthrob for all the girls. The 3 Girls look ravishing. Deepika & Ranbeer definetely have chemistry and they look lovely together.

The movie is a mix of Comedy and Love. A good entertainer, especially for the younger generation ( 16 - 30 yr age group ). Older people might find it a bit boring.

There are 3 kissing scene's in the movie, one for every girl but the one with Bips takes the cake ( Mind Blowing !!! ). MUST WATCH guy's

The Locales as Gautam mentioned are fantastic and beautifully picturised. The song '' Khuda Jaane '' is AWESOME !!

VERDICT - 3.5 / 5. MUST SEE !!
Old 17th August 2008, 02:05   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Hellboy 2 - The movie was very ummm `comical`.
I know it is based on a comic book character but the first movie was dark and serious which made it interesting.
This one is only for the kids.

OT

Quote:
Like you said to each his own .Not Khushboo. But, She's atleast a lady.
LMAO.!

(no offence)
Old 17th August 2008, 10:46   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
OT:
.Not Khushboo. But, She's atleast a lady.
Now you tell me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks