Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2008, 16:52   #1411
rippergeo

Saw "Felon" 2008- slightly scary movie that shows what happens to good people in bad situations. Val Kilmer steals the show.(3/5) I would have given this movie more points, but it is difficult to sit down and watch a movie where the hero's character suffers for no fault of his. you will end up with nightmares if you empathise with his character.

"Hero Wanted" 2008- Cuba Gooding jr, Ray Liotta.
Tagline- "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"
I liked the movie a lot.
plenty of character studies to be done. its not a thriller, but it is quite moving.

"In Bruges"- Also a very moving film.
Even killers have a conscience, and honour, and virtue.

all of the 3 movies depict characters that are struggling to cope with violence and circumstances beyond their control and the way violence spirals out of control once it is initiated, even though the protagonists are pretty violent themselves.

"Wanted"(2008)- I wish I hadnt wasted my time watching this movie. pretty shameless rip off of a large number of cult movies.completely predictable, because we've seen it all before.I hope this movie bombs at the box office. this sort of evil has to be nipped in the bud, or more producers will continue to churn out trash like this.
but have to give 10/10 for the CGI

Last edited by rippergeo : 26th July 2008 at 16:53.

Old 26th July 2008, 16:56   #1412
Senior - BHPian

MISSION ALL CRAP.

HAd i read NC's review i would never had gone for one but i guessed it to be better than the other one that released on Friday. This action movie is more of a comedy movie than anthing else. Serious Scenes looked so funny. Horrible acting by zayed khan. Needs another profession. Vivek's role and acting wa still better.

Anyone seen prom night..?? any reviews.
Old 26th July 2008, 22:26   #1413
BHPian

Batman-The Dark Knight

This Movie is a must watch and that's the sole reason i'm writing a review on our site and does have amazing cars.

The new Batman movie is amazing.
It's one of the best action movies i've seen in a long time.The Right amount of substance from the comic has been taken and the movie has been done to great perfection.
The Casting is perfect and they've all done their job really well above expectations.

Christian Bale... Bruce Wayne / Batman
Heath Ledger... The Joker
Aaron Eckhart... Harvey Dent / Two-Face
Michael Caine... Alfred Pennyworth
Maggie Gyllenhaal... Rachel Dawes
Gary Oldman... Lt. James Gordon
Morgan Freeman... Lucius Fox
Monique Curnen... Det. RamirezRon Dean... Detective Wuertz
Cillian Murphy... Scarecrow
Chin Han... Lau
Nestor Carbonell... Mayor
Eric Roberts... Salvatore Maroni
Ritchie Coster... The Chechen
Anthony Michael Hall... Mike Engel

In my personal opinion the joker and the two face did a very good job of their roles.Well the sad part is that the ruin the famous bat mobile and people,they ruin a LAMBORGINI MURCIELAGO LP640.
I had tears in my eyes see the car get smashed.
Anyways people too enjoy a good movie go grab tickets and watch the movie.It's worth every pie you pay for.
Old 26th July 2008, 22:48   #1414
BHPian

people there's a small confusion in the post.the photo of the actor is in the previous line.sorry i misaligned it.
Old 27th July 2008, 00:34   #1415

Downloaded WANTED today. I really liked some parts in the Start of the movie.. Otherwise the movie is OK.
Old 27th July 2008, 01:34   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Just got back from Fame,caught the late show of The Dark Night.

Multiplex was packed,inspite of all the bomb hoaxes in malls going around .. needless to say it was ABSOLUTELY B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T!!!
Old 29th July 2008, 22:24   #1417
Distinguished - BHPian

I know there is another thread for movies. However, this movie, "the greatest movie of all time"(according to IMDB) deserves another thread.

However, as usual if the mods wont be wave their long danda, I cant stop them.

This movie kicks @$$!! I mean, I loved batman begins and thought it's impossible for the makers to make a better movie. Not only did they make a better movie, but one of the best ever.

Heath Ledger as The Joker is haunting. His laugh keeps coming back to me. It's tragic that he wont be part of the 3rd movie. It's even more tragic that he isnt around to see how much his role is being appreciated.

Christian Bale is just a side actor. This movie totally belongs to Heath Ledger. Everyone else, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Aaron Eckhart have also done splendid jobs!!

Honestly, this movie is right up there in my list of best movies. Right up there with LOTR:ROTK and some others which dont come to my mind right now.

PS - Did anyone also notice the MV Agusta in the movie? Some idiots at the theatre thought it was a Ducati!!

Note from Mod - Hi Nikhil, sorry but we'd rather keep this as part of the "Movie Thread" since im sure a lot of members here have other movies as "all time favourites" and we cannot afford to have a seperate thread for each movie. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2008 at 23:00. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 30th July 2008, 08:29   #1418
BHPian

I went with lot of hopes to watch The Dark Knight after reading the reviews here and in other websites , to be honest i was disappointed. Firstly the movie was very long and i didn't find the visual effects good enough (IMO Wanted was way better in this department). My friend told me that this replaced Godfather as the top movie in imdb.com and got a rating of 9.6/10 (not sure though). Except for the joker's performance i would rate the movie as just OK.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:18   #1419
Senior - BHPian

PS - Did anyone also notice the MV Agusta in the movie? Some idiots at the theatre thought it was a Ducati!!

Well nikil i was one of the idiots but i was in mumbai how did you hear me!!

Well as mission safari said this movie was like long in the second half and should have been cut short by 15 mins.
Overall brilliant stuff but really hurt me when a lambo was crashed. Is it up for donation or something. Please
Old 2nd August 2008, 00:04   #1420
BHPian

Its friday! Any reviews for Ugly Aur Pagli, Mummy 3 from our in house movie buffs? I hear Mummy 3 is boring.
Old 2nd August 2008, 00:28   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Kuselan's released today. And I missed watching Rajnikanth's FDFS for the first time in 10 years.
Im consoling myself with the thought that Im growing up. Lol .
Heard different reviews about the movie. But, heard its average/ above average at best.
Id be watching it in about 7 hours.So, i'll give a brief review tomorrow. But, pardon me if you feel its the die hard Rajni fan in me speaking.
Old 2nd August 2008, 02:40   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
"Wanted"(2008)- I wish I hadnt wasted my time watching this movie. pretty shameless rip off of a large number of cult movies.completely predictable, because we've seen it all before.I hope this movie bombs at the box office. this sort of evil has to be nipped in the bud, or more producers will continue to churn out trash like this.
but have to give 10/10 for the CGI
I would agree with Ripper here, the movie is junk. Don't waste your time with it. Apart from the CGI, which has a hilarious scene in which Anjelina Jolie flips a Viper (No, not the Mumbai one!!) by pulling the handbrake & then flattens a bus by landing the car on the bus's side! there is nothing to watch in the movie.

Give it a miss, you're certainly not losing out on anything!

Last edited by iraghava : 2nd August 2008 at 02:45.
Old 2nd August 2008, 03:02   #1423
BHPian

Just saw Ugly Aur Pagli today.

Quite funny. The starting is a bit slow but then the movie gathers some pace. Mallika Sehrawat looks hot and Ranvir Shorey has also acted really well. The guy is really funny, although he does act like Rotlu in Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. Its an out and out multiplex movie, but definately a one time watch!
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:43   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Review - UGLY PAGLI -

The movie started and Immediatley I felt it was going to be a good watch and a very interesting one. The Starting Song is brilliant. Ranvir Shorey ROCKS !! Mallika looks ravishing and her acting is improving !! No wonder she did a Hollywood flick ( Jackie Chan )

Coming to the storyline of the movie - It is about a Dull / Boring Guy ( Ranvir ) who accidently bumps into Mallika in a Local Mumbai Train. Then begins a long ( and sometimes dragging ) strange Love Blooming story where Ranvir is absolutely heads over heels over Mallika. Mallika is the un feminine kind of a girl slapping every second and treating Ranvir as a Dog. The story is Hilarious most of the times. Ranvir dreams about Mallika ( Thus the super sensous song where Mallika is featured, makes your eye balls pop out )

Some might find the movie to be a no brainer, but then that is the case with all the movies being made nowadays.

The end was the best part. The last 15 minutes were very good.

Overall - The movie is a must watch and a good time pass over the weekend.

Verdict - 3.5 / 5

Old 2nd August 2008, 10:19   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Ugly aur Pagli

It's all about a meek guy who allows himself to be dominated by a tough girl because he loves her. What he does not know is the real reason behind her behaviour.

Ranvir and Mallika do a competent job but the movie simply slows down to a crawl in the 2nd half. It is funny in places and Ranvir manages to actually raise a few laughs in the most inane of scenes.

Music is so-so but there is this one song where everyone in the theatre was : DROOOOL:

Verdict - 2/5.
Watch it if you have nothing else to do.

ps - I loved Sushmita Mukherji as Mallika's mom. For me, her performance was the highlight of the movie and she has a total of 3 scenes only.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 2nd August 2008 at 10:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks