Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 20:49   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Only Jaane tu's music is composed by the great ARR.
The tamil and telugu movies' were composed by Devi Sri Prasad and share tunes.
There you go ,dippy.
EDIT: This one's got a totally different storyline.

Last edited by nitrous : 4th July 2008 at 20:54.
Old 5th July 2008, 02:40   #1307
Team-BHP Support

Jaane Tu.....
A brilliant brilliant movie.,
A common simple cliched story, told so differently!
Finally a refreshing movie, after a long long long time(Dil Chahta hai long time!)
A must must watch, and not just for the music
Old 5th July 2008, 09:53   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Jaane tu ya jaane na

2 best friends - boy and girl in college - with a group of friends. Everyone thinks they are in love but they aren't or are they ?

The realisation of love is what the movie is about. It is not an original concept or story but the movie works - works because of it's fresh feel and look and some really good dialogues and some very good acting by all.

I loved the hero's father (Naseeruddin Shah) and in the beginning I thought the 2 horsemen were there just for the heck of it but no.

Nice music too - it's fun , fresh , frothy and very nice.

Yes there are flaws and cliches in the movie but it makes you smile and laugh a bit and you come out feeling good.

Verdict - 4/5. Must watch.

Love Story 2050

This movie is a BORE. And that is the start of my review. We have a new boy, Hrithik Roshan oops Harman Baweja who walks, talks, dances, tries to act like Hrithik - so let's just forget him.

Everything else in the movie is so OTT and loud that I almost walked out.

The special effects are really good for a bollywood movie. The music is bad.

Ultimately it's a movie that is a show vehicle for Harman. he gets to cycle, drive a MG, romance , fight and his dad wants him to act but he fails where it matters. He cannot handle the emotional scenes and people were laughing in the hall when he cried and acted at the same time.

Verdict - 1/5. Avoid.
Old 5th July 2008, 10:16   #1309
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Jaane tu ya jaane na

2 best friends - boy and girl in college - with a group of friends. Everyone thinks they are in love but they aren't or are they ?

The realisation of love is what the movie is about. It is not an original concept or story but the movie works - works because of it's fresh feel and look and some really good dialogues and some very good acting by all.

I loved the hero's father (Naseeruddin Shah) and in the beginning I thought the 2 horsemen were there just for the heck of it but no.

Nice music too - it's fun , fresh , frothy and very nice.

Yes there are flaws and cliches in the movie but it makes you smile and laugh a bit and you come out feeling good.

Verdict - 4/5. Must watch.

Well, I just booked my ticket for Jaane Tu. Hope it goes the same way as it did for the others.
Old 5th July 2008, 11:01   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na

There is nothing new or exceptional about the story but the way that it has been presented is what makes this movie work. All the characters are lovable and one can relate to each of them. The movie is all about friendship and love, little on the DCH side but not as emotional. The climax is one of the flaws, typical bollywood but the rest of the movie more than makes up for this.

Performances by everyone are top notch. Imran makes an awesome debut. This boy will go a long way. Brilliant performance. Genelia acts her part with aplomb. Shes cute, hyper and as vibrant as ever. Great performances by the friends too. Watch out especially for "Jiggy" . Manjiri doesnt have much to do but she looks pretty. Ratna Pathak Shah comes up with a fantastic performance as Imran's mom. Naseeruddin Shah's cameo will have you in splits. Prateik, the son of Smita Patil and Raj Babbar does a good one too. Watch out for the cowboys though. Thats a surprise packet.

A R Rehman's music is already on the top of the charts so really dont need to say anything. All the songs are good and picturized well. The title song blends well in the background.

All in all a must watch. Dont miss it.

4.5/5

Love Story 2050??

Nope I'm not watching that. Thank you tsk
Old 6th July 2008, 02:14   #1311
BHPian

I second dippy, earlier i was planning to go for LS2050 but after readings tanveer's & gautam bhaiya's review changed to "Jane tu" at last moment, must say a fantastic movie brilliantly made. loved Rehman's music especially the first song "kabhi kabhi zindagi mein koi..." the sound effect of that music by hearing it in theaters is mindblowing, totally different than watching and hearing it on T.V..
Old 6th July 2008, 08:10   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Jaane tu - Saw the movie yesterday night.

It is a good movie with excellent music. The Actors - Genelia & Imran have done a fantastic job. A special mention to Prateik Babbar ( The Girl's Brother ) who also plays a very interesting debut.

All in All a very special kind of a romantic movie, you almost fall in love with the chracters. A feel Good Movie. The ending is Superb ( and stupid )

The Guest appearances by the Khan Brothers is rocking

Go, watch this !!!
Old 6th July 2008, 12:48   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Had to learn this the hard way.

Saw both movies. JTJN & LS2050.

Thankfully, saw JTJN first. Else I wouldn't have had enough courage to go back to the theatre to watch LS2050.

LS2050 is by far the most sluggish movie that I've watched. In a long time. I had to doze through the movie with one eye just to keep my bums on the seat.

Flying cars & bikes? I'd consider myself fortunate if I could see a air conditioned Virar local by 2050. Full marks for efforts & CGI, though.

Par......pappu can't dance saala...hoy, hoy, hoy, hoy.....
Old 6th July 2008, 12:58   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post

Thankfully, saw JTJN first. Else I wouldn't have had enough courage to go back to the theatre to watch LS2050.
I wanted to watch LS2050 first (already had read Tanveer's report) so that I could atleast go and enjoy JTYJN later. But alas -
Old 6th July 2008, 13:03   #1315
BHPian

any body watched "The Illusionist" here ? i watched it yesterday and i kinda liked it. Nicely told story and well acted by Edward Norton.

Do watch it when you have nothing else to do..
Old 6th July 2008, 13:41   #1316
BHPian

yeah its good, do check out The prestige as well..
Old 6th July 2008, 13:44   #1317
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Well, I just booked my ticket for Jaane Tu. Hope it goes the same way as it did for the others.
...and it did. I was disappointed to see 2.5/5 for Jaane Tu in TOI. But reading review on Team-Bhp and confirmation from NC was enough to go ahead and see it.
P.S. - I would have gone anyways, it was Aamir Khan's Productions lol.

Dippy scared me by calling that it will take you no less than 2 hrs to reach Goregaon. I had to go to Phoenix Mills and then march towards Goregaon. But I reached in 50 mins from Lower Parel to Goregaon. lol
Movie was good, I liked it. Imraan Khan, Genelia were cool.
Khan brothers, NC, even I thought they were just for the heck of it.
Genelia was looking cute the whole movie, except for the ending part she looked like a Cauliflower!!

One of the best dialogues:

"Chaat na hai toh ice-cream chaat"

"kyu tu Cinderella hai?"
Old 6th July 2008, 16:29   #1318
BHPian

well I was very disspointed with Jaane Tu... Being an Aamir Khan production. even though the concept was nice.. I felt it was very shodily made.. It could have been much better. The film had the right ingredients but the recipe i guess was not cooked up properly. AR rehman on 4 tracks was outstanding. But his finest .. "Nahin To" was picturized so horibly. It deserved better.

Maybe I had higher expectations from Aamir Khan prodcution especailly after Taare Zameen par...

My personal rating 1.5/5 ...ok i change that to 2/5 jsut for the music.
Old 6th July 2008, 21:41   #1319
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
But his finest .. "Nahin To" was picturized so horibly. It deserved better.
I thought it was Kahin toh hogi woh?
Old 7th July 2008, 02:59   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Had a long weekend and spent some time watching comedies. All of them are a must watch.

You Don't Mess With The Zohan ( 2008 )

The Onion Movie (2008)

Clerks (1994)

Clerks II (2006)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks