Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 16:20   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Saw Sarkar Raj yesterday. **** out of 5 for a tight, well knit movie.

Am now waiting for Sarkar Part III........that is sure going to be interesting!
Old 8th June 2008, 18:17   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Aamir

I had some good expectations from this movie on watching their promos and I am so glad the movie surpassed the expectations.

A doctor comes back from London to India, only to find the immigration officer harass him because his name is Aamir. He then walks out of the airport and finds no one has come to receive him and when he calls home, no one answers the phone.

Suddenly a couple of bikers come to him and throw him a mobile phone - he gets a call that turns his world upside down.

Rajeev Khandelwal debuts as Aamir and does well. He starts off nervously but picks up steam later on. The supporting cast is fine too.

Brilliantly directed and absolutely fantastic camera work on real loactions is Mumbai enhance the reality factor of the movie. The director and camera man deserve a round of applause here.

Verdict - 3.75/5. Must watch - if you have a choice between Sarkar Raj and this - go for Aamir. You won't regret it at all.
saw it yest morn, good movie, such a departure from regular bolly nach gana
Old 9th June 2008, 00:44   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Saw Sarkar Raj today and found it pretty decent, carried on pretty well. Aish could have acted better i think. Looking forward to part three.
Old 9th June 2008, 01:21   #1189
BHPian

Another review on Sarkar Raj:

Saw it today. I was expecting a lot from this movie because I really liked Sarkar a lot. Well, it's going to be a bit harsh as the movie didn't live up to my expectations.

Right from the start, you feel the same "atmosphere" and intensity that was Sarkar. One thing that really bothered me is the movie is Slowww. Dialogue delivery is still slower, maybe it's intentional but all in all this movie could have been shorter and faster paced for my liking. What's good is that the plot twists and turns but nothing to make you jump on the edge of your seats (see Race for this experience).

Acting is good, Abhishek is tailor-made for these kind of intensity roles where he's the Angry young man (it's in his genes, no . Ash didn't have a great role in this movie, but where it really mattered, the emotional scences: she failed to deliver -> her acting should have definitely been a lot better considering Amitabh (who is awsumm in this one too) and Abhishek lived up to the audiences expectations. They make her look too mediocre.

Now the villains: Sarkar 1 had baddies that meant business (remember Rashid, the Swami guy and others). The baddies in this one are quite comical -> that could have been improved on too.

Final verdict: Right after leaving the hall, I was wondering why I watched this movie. I'd decided that I would tell everyone to stay away from it and wait for the DVD. But, I being a Sarkar fan cannot commit this atrocity. I may have judged the movie to harshly. So my take is that - go ahead and watch it, it's a Sarkar after all I would still go see it even if a similar review were posted.

Rating: With a really heavy heart -> 4+0.5 = 4.5/10

(0.5 is a bonus, a great relief that Tanisha's role was cut short -> Her dialogues make me remember 4 yr olds blabbing out their nursery rhymes verbatim).

Last edited by carzy : 9th June 2008 at 01:22.
Old 9th June 2008, 02:27   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
What's good is that the plot twists and turns but nothing to make you jump on the edge of your seats (see Race for this experience).
And I would say the exact opposite, it doesn't have the same visual impact but the thrill & surprise is there. In Race it became comical after a while with plots & sub-plots & even more sub-plots! By the end of it all I was beginning to chuckle at all the various plots coming up one by one! Sarkar/Sarkar Raj is better in that IMO.

Watched it tonight, good movie but yes Sarkar is better. Main gripe being that it goes too slow in certain patches. Not good. But love the return to form of RGV & his focus on the close-ups of the main characters, love this style of films provided the actors are of the calibre to carry this off. Amitabh was in his usual form & Abhishek too gave a solid performance as is expected from him now.

Aishwarya was decent & looking quite well dressed & classy but acting was ok. The last shot of her asking for chai was not really as convincing as the parting shot of Sarkar though.

Anyway, still looking forward to Sarkar 3 & hope that this teaches RGV to not go for stupid projects but stick to what he does best!
Old 9th June 2008, 14:01   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Welll all i can say about sarkar is its not as good as the first part. The roles of all the characters are good but there are too many queries which was left unanswered. Didnt like it much but i liked Vora alot oops Vohra!! Watch it only if you like intense dramas. Well RGV has done a good role after all his other factory films bombed.

2.5/5 nothing more for this one.

Gappuchi gappuchi ghum ghum....
Old 9th June 2008, 14:42   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Aamir - I think its a lift of a South East Asian movie (from the trailers and N_C's post). A Malaysian or Indonesian movie. Saw it a few years ago.
Aamir is a lift of Cavite (2005). A Filipino movie.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:43   #1193
Senior - BHPian

no one seen Aamir yet (except for hooligan) ? I want to see Cavite now.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 9th June 2008 at 14:45.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:49   #1194
Senior - BHPian

^ Went to watch Aamir and 21 yesterday (hoping for a B2B). But the rains and a flat tire spoiled my plans. I ended up watching Sarkar Raj instead.

Nice camera angles, tight editing and direction, but long drawn and slow paced movie. I did not like the plot per se. However, would rate it 5/10 just because of the performances of AB Jr/Sr.
Old 9th June 2008, 17:09   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And I would say the exact opposite, it doesn't have the same visual impact but the thrill & surprise is there. In Race it became comical after a while with plots & sub-plots & even more sub-plots! By the end of it all I was beginning to chuckle at all the various plots coming up one by one! Sarkar/Sarkar Raj is better in that IMO.
Yes, Race was comical to some extent, but the movie itself was fast paced which was gr8. What I'm implying and I still stress on is SRaj could've been fast paced too. There are a lot of scenes which take up precious time making the movie slower than it should be and this is where RGV makes a mistake. Audience would've appreciated it a lot more because this movie does have quality.

RGV does make a comeback with this movie after his last disaster called AAg, but it's not top notch. It would've been much more successful if he wouldn't have tried too much.

I sincerely hope S3's got a different kind of plot or it would become too repetitive. IT's always hard to score a hit on sequels. Also who's this Chikoo character?

*** Spoilers Ahead ****

*** Spoilers Ahead ****

Towards the end, when AB is being shot on the terrace, the scene is really overdone and absurd. One bullet and he should have been down, protecting himself n that lady should've done the same. It's called instinct, reflex action whatever you call it. 2, 3, 4 bullets and he's still dancing on the terrace with the lady not proving to be any help at all. It drags on and on and on... Really foolish things that one can only get to see in a movie.
Old 9th June 2008, 17:22   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Race was comical to some extent, but the movie itself was fast paced which was gr8. What I'm implying and I still stress on is SRaj could've been fast paced too. There are a lot of scenes which take up precious time making the movie slower than it should be and this is where RGV makes a mistake. Audience would've appreciated it a lot more because this movie does have quality.
Yup, that was one aspect which could have been improved. But still in a serious movie I would rather take slow then comical which can work fine for a out & out masala film like Race but won't work well here.

Quote:
Also who's this Chikoo character?
Abhishek's nephew aka Vishnu's son aka Amitabh's grandson.
Old 9th June 2008, 17:34   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Race was fast ? Now you guys have me confused !! I found the car race in the end to be slow too, forget the movie pace.
Old 9th June 2008, 17:41   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Abhishek was trying to play a superhuman instead of falling to the ground immiediatly. What did he think by trying to search for the shooter???

One more thing was Abhi fires chander as his wife died though it was his only mistake while amitabh does not fire the guy with a scar though abhi died.

Well some friends were telling the shooter must have been ramu!!! Saving cash you see...lol

Well guys anyone interested to play chikoo??? Mostly he will play a role in part 4
Old 12th June 2008, 00:26   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Just caught up on Sarkar Raj yesterday. Was much better than what I expected but yes Sarkar was better. The first half was pretty slow but the pace caught up in the second half. In Sarkar it was Abhishek who took on the baddies and here it was Amitabh. Kantilal Vohra was fun especially the way he said"Heylo". The deputy CM was nothing short of idiotic.

Amitabh took top honours in this one followed by Abhishek. Though Ash didnt have much to do, one thing is for sure she looked gorgeous. And yes there will definately be a 3rd sequel titled "Chiku Raj". The Ek chai lao line was quite corny though.

Moral of Sarkar Raj:

Think twice before switching on the E Class AC or buy the non AC E Class . AC reliability problems you see
Old 12th June 2008, 00:32   #1200

I saw Sex and the City today. It is a chick Flick but if you have seen even a few Sex and the City episodes, You will love it!! Personally, 3.5/5 from me!! It has some super funny sequences.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks