Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 16:10   #1111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Gautam Bhai - Tashan no one liked. Me and a very few others in this whole big world liked the movie. So forget that movie and that incident

But Jannat was like yuck !!
kochar bhai, I personally was pulling my hair apart watching 'Tashan'. The only watchable thing in the movie, Akki bhai with his bhaiyyaji accent and mannerisms. Anil Kapoor was unbearable and Saif was ho-hum. Kareena, the less said the better, zero-size and bikini work, she tries hard, but is a far cry from the eternal bombshells of Bollywood.
Old 26th May 2008, 16:11   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Speed Racer

I don't know why I went for this movie. One of my friend's (I am sure she must have been fooled as well), wanted to watch the Speed Racer so I was forced to go for it.

Or maybe the Rs 60 PVR ticket at the newly opened PVR Cinemas at Central Goregaon was an attraction. I don't know.

Rubbish plot, stupid graphics and utterly crap acting (if you can call it). I slept 3/4ths during the movie. Rest 1/4th of the time I woke up ONLY because some kids started crying/laughing hysterically, or some stupid cellphones rang. Else, it was 60 Rs worth of nice sleep.

Rating (-2)/10

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 26th May 2008 at 16:18.
Old 26th May 2008, 16:13   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Watched 'Manorama - Six Feet Under' on Sunday. Intriguing plot. Good performance by Abhay Deol. In the end, everything unfolds quite abruptly and that takes away the suspense created till then. Nonetheless, worth a dekko once for sure.
Yes, surprisingly it turned out to be a decent movie. I did not have have much hopes from it (esp after Abhay Deol in the lead role!), but then it was a well made one timer!

Rating 5/10
Old 26th May 2008, 16:17   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Jannat

Had it not been for these offers, I probably would not have dared to watch this movie in Fame Adlabs!

Worst debut by an actress, a VERY predictable Emraan Hashmi. Equally predictable EA style climax, where he has to die in all his movies in a very romantically sad manner.

Songs were good and so were the locales. I have to give credit for a decent directorial job by a debutant director (Kunal Deshmukh).

Rating 2/10
Old 26th May 2008, 16:20   #1115
Senior - BHPian

I don't remember if I have mentioned about "behind enemy lines" (*ing Owen Wilson, Gene Hackman), "Scent of a women" (*ing Robert De Niro), and "perfect stranger" (*ing Hally Berry, Bruce Willis).

Worth Watching!
Old 26th May 2008, 16:21   #1116
BHPian

One of the best war movies I've seen is the Tom Hanks starrer 'Saving Private Ryan'. The first 15 minutes of the war sequence are worth the weight in gold. Brilliant performances.

Would rate it 8 on 10.
Old 26th May 2008, 16:22   #1117
BHPian

Watched 3 movies over the weekend:

The Bank Job - Excellent movie, many twists and turns, does not just stop with "The Bank Job"
City of God - Very nice movie. Thanks Hydra. I finally managed to burn it with the subtitles. would have been even better if it was made in English.
Scarface - Very good, understood it completely thanks to subtitles. Al Pacino all the way. A tad long at almost 3 hours.

Will rate all 3 of them 4 on 5.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:24   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Went to watch Jannat!!
All i can say is buy a cd from the nearby cd waala and watch the first 40 mins if your really keen and then stop watching.
Rating is the same as what NC had given
Old 26th May 2008, 17:30   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I don't remember if I have mentioned about "behind enemy lines" (*ing Owen Wilson, Gene Hackman), "Scent of a women" (*ing Robert De Niro), and "perfect stranger" (*ing Hally Berry, Bruce Willis).

Worth Watching!
Al Pacino stars in "Scent of a Woman" and not Robert De Niro.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:47   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Watched Narnia. It was as bad as bhootnath. Such a slow movie, and horrendous acting. The lead characters don't even know how to hold swords. Looks like they unlearned whatever they learnt in part 1.
The movie for most of this duration is walking through the forest. No adventure, nothing.
Then poof, it just finishes with little action.
And the use of Trees and the river in the war, were not they direct lift from Lord of The Rings ? They just borrowed the idea from LOTR for the sake of finishing the movie, I guess.
Old 26th May 2008, 18:22   #1121
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched a movied called " The Breed" on HBO last night. It was quite intruiging and suspense filled. I would rate it as 2.5 /5
Old 26th May 2008, 18:50   #1122
BHPian

Watched "The counterfeiters" German with English subtitled one. an other movie portraying the time just after the second world war a nice story line and lively characters makes this movie a must watch.

"When a man falls in the forest" - Didn't find it worth watching.

"Funny Games"- can give 5/10 ( Two psychotic young men take a family hostage in their holiday cabin)

The Shepherd 2007 - I guess the director is a huge VAN DAMME fan, where he thinks and show the rest of the men are ugly and stupid.
Old 27th May 2008, 08:07   #1123
BHPian

Another movie that I watched in recent memory was 'To Sir, with love'. The lead role is played by Sidney Poitier. Superb performance by him. The movie is about disgruntled youth during the 60s in the United Kingdom. The story revolves around how Sidney manages to teach the kids discipline and compassion. Must watch, if you like oldies.
Old 27th May 2008, 08:14   #1124
rippergeo

Saw "street kings" starring keanu reeves.
another predictable story about crooked cops and petty criminals. even the the "Twist" was predictable.
its watchable though- if you're watching it just once. but not worth paying money for it.

also saw "21" with lawrence fishburne and kevin spacey
again- predictable, watchable, but not worth paying money for.

I'm getting jaded I think.
or its just that the scripts are running out of imagination.

Old 27th May 2008, 08:54   #1125
Senior - BHPian

K-PAX - Kevin Spacey at his best.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks