Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2009, 15:38   #2611
Senior - BHPian

I enjoyed Billu Barber. It is a nice one time watch.
Old 14th February 2009, 17:29   #2612
Senior - BHPian

I watched Dev D and loved this movie.
The way each character has been selected is excellent. The gal who plays paro has good expressions in a few scenes of the village lass. Abhay is good in his role and plays a drunk to perfection. Chanda of kalki is really good in her role and improved with the movie. She started off really badly though.
Watch this movie. Showed some shady parts of delhi. The songs are simply brilliant. Loved them.
Overall 3.5/5
Old 15th February 2009, 14:36   #2613
BANNED

The original Malayalam movie "Kadha Parayumbol" was 10 times better than Billu Barber or the Tamil remake !
Old 15th February 2009, 14:58   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
The original Malayalam movie "Kadha Parayumbol" was 10 times better than Billu Barber or the Tamil remake !
The originals are always great!

Take examples of 'Thenmavin Kombathu', 'Manichitrathazhu' and so on, which were remade in various languages, but none of them were close to the real one.
Old 15th February 2009, 17:50   #2615
BHPian

just saw "marley and me" - i really loved the movie, especially the twists and turns of the the characters' lives and how it all revolves around the life of marley the dog.
It also makes late 20s people like me wonder about life and the highs and lows ahead
must watch if you are a dog lover and otherwise also highly recommended
my rating is 5/5

Also saw outlander last night - good movie but nothing major, i mostly don't like movies based in medieval dragon times - 2.5/5

Last edited by jassi : 15th February 2009 at 17:52.
Old 15th February 2009, 19:40   #2616
Senior - BHPian

IIRC. 'Manichitrathazhu' was remade in Tamil as Chandramukhi and was a massive hit.
It put Rajini back where he belonged after the major flop that Baba was.
Old 16th February 2009, 00:46   #2617
BHPian

Chal-Chala-Chal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Did anyone watched Chal-Chala-Chal ?
Pathetic is a lesser word to describe this movie. Tried watching .. Could not assimilate after 1st 45 minutes ..... ....... Spoiled my Saturday night
Old 16th February 2009, 10:08   #2618
Team-BHP Support

Dev D: IMHO an overrated movie that has only one saving grace. You get to see some girls from nice backgrounds ( in the movie) using foul language and do naughty things. Beyond that the movie fails to lift itself in any form.

But the movie appears to be a hit. A packed theatre on Valentines day.
If only dil dosti etc had had as much of a publicity drive it would have lasted as much as this did in the theatres.

Happened to catch Slumdog Millionaire.
Found the movie to be STUPID. Was nice to watch and quite pacy but STUPID.
btw KBC was never a live telecast as is shown in this movie.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:16   #2619
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally was able to catch up with Final Destination-3 last night. It was ok'ish and compared to the first 2 installments, it isn't that great.

With this movie, it now starts getting to predictive and repetitive, it kind of lost its charm. Hope they become little creative for the 4th intstallment.

In sequence, I liked FD-2, FD-1 and FD-3. Can't wait for FD-4 in 3D in Aug'09.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:38   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
Seems like i have a lot of catching up yet to do. Though I would include Sweet November and titanic in any list. And also Casablanca for that different era and different world romance
Casablanca - still a very good romantic movie, though it was made during our grand fathers teen years
Old 16th February 2009, 12:44   #2621
Senior - BHPian

Damn I agree with the review of Billu by NC & Mobike (whats the world coming to )

The movie is pretty much part 2 of Malamaal Weekly as i9n both movies I wasnt sure what was funny in the movie barring a scene or two.

Irfan was amazing even with such poor story he makes an impact. AS said the Last 15 minutes are the only good scenes in the movie.

SRK seems to have made this movie as a guinea pig for his VFX company & also to take a dig at some of the stars(The last scene shows that Irfan's son's pet name is Duggu) & to also show how popular yet humble he is, he also talks on behalf of the Film Fraternity.. YAWN

2/5
Old 16th February 2009, 14:57   #2622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The movie is pretty much part 2 of Malamaal Weekly as i9n both movies I wasnt sure what was funny in the movie barring a scene or two.
Well, i beg to dis-agree. Malamaal Weekly was way way better and cannot be compared to Billu Barber. It was funny in not one or two but many scenes in that movie. Whereas, BB does not have a humour quotient at all.

Literally 100's of re-runs on tv of Malamal Weekly only proves that it was a decently funny movie.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:10   #2623
Senior - BHPian

Well as they say different strokes for different Folks I seem to have had an overdose of Priyan's comedy & hence none of his recent flicks could make me laugh :(

But yes MMW certainly had more funny scenes than BB
Old 16th February 2009, 15:33   #2624
Senior - BHPian

OK so yesterday i had the misfortune of watching 'Yuvraj' at home. Downloaded as was trying the new torrent.
What to say, am at loss of words. Pathetic is a better term for this movie. Subhash Ghai should retire as a writer,director and producer(as he was all these in this).
Cast-
Salman - Overact as usual (how can he be compared to Shahrukh and Aamir, they are 1000% better than him in everthing as now they have six packs also like him)
Zayed - Ok if i was a star kid i would have been a better actor than him anyday.
Anil- Tried his best but when story is crap what can he do.
Katrina- Wasted and look stupid in entire movie.
Boman Irani- the guy is so talented but is doing same roles again and again ..Yawn!
Thank God i didn't watched this in a hall otherwise would have banged my head on the seats

Last edited by harry10 : 16th February 2009 at 15:34.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:35   #2625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
btw KBC was never a live telecast as is shown in this movie.
And the host never got a chance to be alone in the bathroom with the contestant during the break.

And the host was kind and wonderful and on the side of the contestant, not the TV company.

And no contestant can be taken into a police station, beaten black and blue and brought back to the show to continue.

And... oh why bother. Slumdog was not designed to be intelligently truthful as a movie anyway. I thought the movie was a disgrace to India btw. Only my opinion.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 16th February 2009 at 15:38.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks