Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2009, 16:45   #2671
Senior - BHPian

@Technocrat - funny!
So back to topic - Hows Dilli 6 looking to all you people, i would have loved to watch a rakesh mehra movie anyday but this has Abhishek bachan so am getting second and third thoughts.
Old 19th February 2009, 21:07   #2672
Team-BHP Support

Dude, where's my car?

If this was intended to be a comedy, there wasnt the remotest evidence of it.

A poorly put together movie about a couple of guys whose car goes missing, and how they run into different people trying to find out where it is. Add to it, some intergalactic nonsense characters, and the plot is complete.

Total waste of time, if you ask me.

Bennyboy Rating : *
Old 19th February 2009, 21:08   #2673
Senior - BHPian

Btw just for those who are interested Zee Cinema is showing Andaaz Apna Apna right now
Old 19th February 2009, 21:27   #2674
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread rocks !!!

Technocrat, even i just saw that Andaz Apna Apna is showing. Are you watching the movie and posting here at the same time?

@Eddy, looks like everyone is out for your blood. Better, google and read movie review of both movies and clearly explain the similarity else your future on this thread seems pretty bleak

Ok, will watch Finding Nemo and look for hints of Godfather storyline in it...LOL
Old 19th February 2009, 22:57   #2675
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Chalo maaf kiya Btw which story are you confused about? Finding Nemo's Story or Godfather's story

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Eddy, looks like everyone is out for your blood. Better, google and read movie review of both movies and clearly explain the similarity else your future on this thread seems pretty bleak

Ok, will watch Finding Nemo and look for hints of Godfather storyline in it...LOL
All I can say is that I have only seen two animation movies ever. Kung Fu Panda and one more and that movie had a story line similar to Godfather. And now, for the life of me I can't remember the name. Got it confused with Finding Nemo

I now pray for forgiveness !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Btw just for those who are interested Zee Cinema is showing Andaaz Apna Apna right now
Yup. Was watching that and Shootout at Lokhandwala simultaneously.
Old 20th February 2009, 00:12   #2676
BHPian

Watching Seabiscuit ... Fantastic Movie, Liked the book too. Story about a race horse and lives of people in the derby. Great watch

3.5/5
Old 20th February 2009, 13:00   #2677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This thread rocks !!!

Technocrat, even i just saw that Andaz Apna Apna is showing. Are you watching the movie and posting here at the same time?
Lol I logged in for some work & wifey told me that they are showing AAA on Tv so posted here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Yup. Was watching that and Shootout at Lokhandwala simultaneously.
Me Too Just that found Shootout after shutting down my Laptop.
Old 20th February 2009, 13:06   #2678
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Saw DELHI 6 Premiere lastnight, I found the movie very slow. Sonam kapoor is looking amazing.

2.5/5
Old 20th February 2009, 14:31   #2679
Senior - BHPian

DELHI 6 -

Went with great expectations and was totally dissapointed.

The first half was quite tolerable where they had the Chandni Chowk bits and a few funny scenes ( Cyrus VJ ) and the wonderful songs.

Very slow at most of the times. Here are a few complaints -

- Mr. Bachan had nothing else to do except roll his tongue and blabber senseless dialogues in a very fake American Accent.

- Ms Sonam Kapoor was lovely to look at but she hardly was there in the movie. Totally Wasted.

- Ram Lila - Enough, we got the point, but too exaggerated ( watch the movie and you will know what I mean )

- Monkey Man - NO COMMENTS !!!

Mr. Mehra who gave us the fantastic RDB, what was he thinking ???

I like the songs which are really catchy, I like Sonam Kapoor and I like the first half an hour. Everything else about the movie is PATHETIC.

Rating - 1.5 / 5 ( Only for Ms. Kapoor & the Songs )

Watch it if you got absolutely nothing else to do. Do not say I did not warn you.

Mr. Bachan should retire. Mr. Mehra is joining the league of extraordinary directors / producers - Mr. RGV & Mr Ghai kinds

Best of luck to all the brave crowd who is going to watch this movie.

BTW - This movie is nowhere near the actual Chandni Chowk & Delhi 6 we all know and love.

PS - Monkey Man - OHH GOD !!!!!! Mr Mehra - Did you not find anything else to base the movie on !!
Old 20th February 2009, 15:08   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Who can forget Andaaz Apna Apna? What a movie !!! I dont understand how it flopped at the box office but it is by far one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I still laugh my guts out everytime the movie is re run on TV. I watch it every time. The characters in the movie are crazy and you can never forget them. Teja, Raabert, Bhalla, Amar Prem and of course Crime Master Gogo. Not one dull moment in AAA.
Completely agree with you. One of the most outstanding comedies I've ever seen. Can watch anytime anyday. Infact me and my brother sometimes talk like AAA characters to relive the moments. Awesome.
Old 20th February 2009, 15:28   #2681
Senior - BHPian

Wow: I just discovered this thread so adding my two bits:

As the current discussion is on Andaaz Apna Apna is such a brilliant movie, the performances of all the actors specially Salman is so real. Salman forgot to act after this movie i guess. Wonderful comedy. All characters are wonderfull Teja, Micheal, Tillu , Dr Saab, Duplicate Teja.

Dev D: I have seen that movie now 4 times, i have been absolutely tripping over that movie. Acc to me its one of the best hindi movies, it takes hindi movie making to a different level. The movie was true to the story. The execution was unapologetic, overtly sexual, loud and above all trippy. I loved the way Anurag and Abhay have done a DevDas without 'force fitting' it. The music according to me is better than SLumdogs music purely because of its relevance. The songs tell a story in this movie. Its a musical.

Performances: Abhay excels, new paro rocks and chanda too has shown flashes of brilliance. But for me the best character was 'chunni' i never imagined in my wildest imagination that 'chunni' of devdas could be THIS chunni too....

For me the benchmark of a great movie is when you live the movie or the characters after the movie.

Brilliant movie for me. 5 on 5.

cheers,
AC
Old 20th February 2009, 15:37   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Wow: I just discovered this thread so adding my two bits:

As the current discussion is on Andaaz Apna Apna is such a brilliant movie, the performances of all the actors specially Salman is so real. Salman forgot to act after this movie i guess. Wonderful comedy. All characters are wonderfull Teja, Micheal, Tillu , Dr Saab, Duplicate Teja.

Dev D: I have seen that movie now 4 times, i have been absolutely tripping over that movie. Acc to me its one of the best hindi movies, it takes hindi movie making to a different level. The movie was true to the story. The execution was unapologetic, overtly sexual, loud and above all trippy. I loved the way Anurag and Abhay have done a DevDas without 'force fitting' it. The music according to me is better than SLumdogs music purely because of its relevance. The songs tell a story in this movie. Its a musical.

Performances: Abhay excels, new paro rocks and chanda too has shown flashes of brilliance. But for me the best character was 'chunni' i never imagined in my wildest imagination that 'chunni' of devdas could be THIS chunni too....

For me the benchmark of a great movie is when you live the movie or the characters after the movie.

Brilliant movie for me. 5 on 5.

cheers,
AC
Duplicate Teja = Safed Raamu = Ramgopal Bajaj
Old 20th February 2009, 16:03   #2683
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Finding Nemo" last night. It's simply a too cute movie to miss. Brilliant graphics and you know what i was suprised to see a connection to Godfather.

In this movie, there is a father who searches for his cute little son and constantly prays to god, is that the connection we are all discussing out here?

My rating 4/5

Btw, going tonight to Delhi6 at Cinemax, Hyderabad with a bunch ( 12 people) of Hyderabad TBHP folks, its being discussed extensively on the meet thread.

This advance review has prepared me to take the abuse
Old 20th February 2009, 17:02   #2684
Senior - BHPian

@mobike- Lol..So finally you are trying to take Eddy out of his Godfather connection misery han
Its a beautiful touching movie. WHy cant we make such animations?

@vkochar- Thanks. Your review is what i expected from this movie. Will avoid.

Guys am searching for good movies to add to my collection.
Preference- Action/Thriller/Suspense/Comedy.
Suggest some good names?
Old 20th February 2009, 17:24   #2685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@.

Guys am searching for good movies to add to my collection.
have a look at this thread, harry
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...re-cinema.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks