Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:01   #976
Senior - BHPian

Just saw "Butterfly on a Wheel"

A decent kidnapping-based thriller with a sweet twist at the end. Started off well but nice pace but kind of tapered off a little in the middle. Finished off well with good climax. However, I feel Pierce Brosnan was a bit over qualified for the role.

5/10 would be my rating
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:09   #977
Senior - BHPian

just finished with Rogue Assassin. Jason Statham and Jet Li - plenty of action - Jet Li plays the assasin who is playing 2 Japanese gangs against each other with Statham (the cop)in hot pursuit for a personal reason too. A kind of nice twist is there in too
Old 26th April 2008, 01:08   #978
Senior - BHPian

Tashan

This movie is the CRAPPIEST one of the decade, It leaves RGV ke Sholay far far behind.

pathetic, Rubbish, idiotic.

Rating - 0/5

Please avoid at any cost.
Old 26th April 2008, 01:41   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Tashan

This movie is the CRAPPIEST one of the decade, It leaves RGV ke Sholay far far behind.

Rating - 0/5

hahaha...
I've been checking this thread since morning,waiting for your review. I read some stuff on Rediff & Sify,but the best review happens to be on this thread!
Thanks Gautam,I'll spread the word! I've got 8 friends who plan to watch the movie tonight..
Old 26th April 2008, 02:51   #980
Team-BHP Support

Just saw Tashan. Review coming up as soon as I recover from the shock of my life.
Although, RGV ki Aag is still the winner of the worst movie ever, but only just.
Old 26th April 2008, 02:56   #981
Team-BHP Support

Guys why are you trashing Tashan.
It was the most senseless movie I have ever watched. It beat even Jaani Dushman and Rudrasksh.
This movie is so senseless that its thoroughly entertaining.
The action sequences rival Matrix, and Bachan does a better job of dodging bullets than Neo.
Ever seen a rickshaw do the drift? Well if you want to see Tashan and watch Anil Kapoor drifting a rickshaw better than Tiff Needel drifts the M3
Old 26th April 2008, 10:54   #982
Team-BHP Support

saw shoot em up. 4/5. very good never leaves you bored. always something or the other getting shot.
Old 26th April 2008, 13:39   #983
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
This movie is so senseless that its thoroughly entertaining.
Well, lets just say that we laughed and guffawed for the last ten - twenty minutes of the movie on its stupidity. Thats all.

Just how senseless can you get with the locations, songs, the action sequence ? Not to mention the revolving camera work - almost gave me a headache.

WARNING: The makers have left scope for a sequel. One of the two sidekicks of Anil Kapoor doesn't die remember ? So he survives and in the first shot of Tasan 2, he removes his mask and voila !!!! He actually is Anil Kapoor and the madness starts again.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th April 2008 at 13:41.
Old 26th April 2008, 13:50   #984
Senior - BHPian

People were walking out within 45 minutes from the theatre and almost 20% left in the interval. At the end I could tolerate no more but the doorman was insistent that there was time for the movie to end. The people got wild and literally forced him to open the exit door and ran into freedom !!
Old 26th April 2008, 13:59   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People were walking out within 45 minutes from the theatre and almost 20% left in the interval. At the end I could tolerate no more but the doorman was insistent that there was time for the movie to end. The people got wild and literally forced him to open the exit door and ran into freedom !!
Had a gut feeling that Tashan would not be good but so bad Gautam? Looks like it turned out to be Yash Raj ka Tashan against us viewers

Why didnt you guys beat up the door man . Would be better entertainment than the movie itself
Old 26th April 2008, 16:14   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
so bad Gautam?
Yes Dips, it was pathetic. Absolutely rubbish. Even my GF who is a hardcore Yash Raj Movies fan - had a splitting headache half way through.
Old 26th April 2008, 18:13   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Tashan

Rating - 0/5

Thanks N_C

20 char
Old 26th April 2008, 18:15   #988
BHPian

Tashan --> shatan

as in Shaitan or Satan
Old 26th April 2008, 23:39   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
saw shoot em up. 4/5. very good never leaves you bored. always something or the other getting shot.

Nice time pass but almost a Rajinikant movie in terms of the hero's invulnerability.

Saw Blood Diamond yesterday. Awesome. On par with Shawshank Redemption in my books.

Also saw Chuck and Larry the day before. Average. Funny in parts.

Thanks to Hydra and all the other guys here who recommended all the movies. With the list of your recommendations, I did a bulk purchase of about 60 movies. It is so much easier than renting a scratched DVD each time.

Last edited by Proxima : 26th April 2008 at 23:43.
Old 28th April 2008, 09:18   #990
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Going by the trailers, I had expected the movie to be pretty bad, so, didn't bother to watch it. The music is probably the worst I've heard.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks