Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 15:54   #1051
BHPian

Saw Fight Club yeaterday. Very unique subject to English movies, but one that is becoming very popular with Tamil movies - split personality disorder.

What was the last 2 seconds? There was a frame where something was seen very clearly. Not sure why it was added there. Didnt make any sense at all. Any idea why that frame was included?
Old 12th May 2008, 00:27   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Watched two Iranian movies this weekend, Color of Paradise (Rang-e-Khoda) and Children of Heaven(bacheha-Ye-Aseman) and I would say in recent past very few movies touched me so much like these two did.The beauty of the movies are their simplicity.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 12th May 2008, 00:44   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
Don't ever watch: The village, Signs, The forgotten, Lady in the water.
What are you saying! Shyamalan makes brilliant movies... Looking forward to his new one in june.
Old 12th May 2008, 01:15   #1054
BHPian

Saw Iron Man today.
A must watch movie for each and everyone here. I dont think ill find anyone who did not like the movie after watching it. It's absolutely fantastic.

P.S. - Just check out the cars in his Garage in the movie. Further more, he travels in an R8 and a Phantom The movie is Audi related too as most cars in the shots are Audis: R8 and Q7 too.
Old 12th May 2008, 01:50   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Sorry N_C. It had to happen some day I guess. I did not like the movie.

Too kiddish in the first half with an overdone performance by Juhi Chawla and the second half gets too emotional. All in all, a movie neither for kids nor for adults.
I agree with you Eddy. The movie, Bhootnath has lost the plot. In the first half one thinks that kids would like the overacting by Juhi and the rest but come post interval, the movie becomes like an emotional pot boiler?? Very confused plot. IMHO, the director should have maintained it as a comic film for kids. There was so much he could have done and the script is a mess. I think the film could be at least trimmed by another 45 minutes. Coming to the misic, why were there songs in the Film? If at all there were at least make them kid oriented. Adding a couple of jokers and a few kiddy characters and that too in an absolute unhummable tunes....well I was disappointed.
Old 12th May 2008, 01:52   #1056
Team-BHP Support

Bhootnath

With recommendations from N_C the official TBHP movie reviewer, we went to see Bhoothnath.
As with all B-grade bollywood horror movies, the movie starts with a couple who enter a haunted bungalow.
After silly small talk the girl decides to "main fresh ho jaun" and they guy plans to prepare a candle light dinner.
But unfortunately, there is no shower scene and no ghost grabs her in the shower, and any hope of cheap thrills is killed, as she comes out, fully clothed.
This is the first time the bhoot makes the entrance, and you get that sinking feeling in your stomach, the same one you would get if somebody picked your pocket of 300rs.
Anyways, enter the scene a ponytailed guy who is seriously retarded, and his hyperactive wife, with an even more hyperactive kids(I am sure if parents have such kids, they would poison them).
Add to that a principal who eats kids breakfasts and tiffins, and a confused bhoot, and a bhoot ka beta.
Bhoot ka beta wants to sell mansion(how predictable) and make money, but bhoot has memories.
So the Pony tailed guy(ShaH rukh khan) goes to bhoot ka beta to pray for his mukti. Bhoot ka beta does not believe in all this mumbo jumbo, but then gets smitten by the pony tail.
Bhoot gets mukti, becomes a star, and then again comes back after mukti.
And there is an Avon cycle in the movie, and quite a few packets of Kurkure. But all Kurkure packets are red in color.
Why I am talking about Kurkure packets, because Kurkure packets are more interesting than the movie.
Heck even chips packets are more interesting than the movie.
Honest.
See
The Movie Thread-61916298_pnkv3l.jpg
How lovely it looks, Much better than bhoot. Or his horrendous nails of black teeth.
And NC may you get dreams of Bhootnath sleeping with you in your bed.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 12th May 2008 at 01:53.
Old 12th May 2008, 04:35   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Just finished Shaurya - Some bits were a bit rushed and abrupt but overall an excellent movie. Minisha Lamba is pretty cute too.
Old 12th May 2008, 08:09   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Saw Maid of Honor yestarday. Nice Romantic movie, similar to many Hindi movies.. giving out an idea like, "Why could you not say, I love you, Earlier?"
Old 12th May 2008, 08:42   #1059
BHPian

Cidade de Deus (City of Gods) - I'm really really scared to go to Rio now!!!
Really shakes you up. And for those of you who might have seen this, can you believe the "Runts". I mean OH MY GOD .
Old 12th May 2008, 09:48   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Just finished Shaurya - Some bits were a bit rushed and abrupt but overall an excellent movie. Minisha Lamba is pretty cute too.
Oh she is such a cute "Gurl next door types". I bumped into her at a hotel once. I had recently seen her in Anthony Kaun Hai and was totally smitten by her. So I was completely dumbstruck and lost my chance of interacting with her. My wife chatted away excitedly while I just kept ogling at her
Old 12th May 2008, 10:25   #1061
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Saw Fight Club yeaterday. Very unique subject to English movies, but one that is becoming very popular with Tamil movies - split personality disorder.
You should read the book on, which this movie is based.

Quote from book:
I am Joe' hard drive, I remember everything.
Old 12th May 2008, 10:28   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Ironman

What an amazing movie. I am happy my last minute decision to chuck Speed Racer and select this movie happened. Robert Downey Jr. portrays the role of a industrialist-playboy very nicely, although I felt Gwyneth Paltrow's talent was somewhat wasted in the movie.

All in all, a good entertainer with a tight editing and direction.

Rating 8.5/10
Old 12th May 2008, 10:29   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post

What was the last 2 seconds? There was a frame where something was seen very clearly. Not sure why it was added there. Didnt make any sense at all. Any idea why that frame was included?
One of my top fav movies of all times. (Check my signature for my all time fav quote!)

If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person?
~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
Old 12th May 2008, 11:45   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
......we went to see Bhoothnath.

And there is an Avon cycle in the movie, and quite a few packets of Kurkure. But all Kurkure packets are red in color.
Why I am talking about Kurkure packets, because Kurkure packets are more....
Perfect review TSK. It is appaling how blatantly movie makers of repute are making sponsor money from companies like this.
From the looks of it, the Family is retarded as they only seem to enjoy Kurkure, Pepsi (and its ancillary products) and Ceres juices with an Avon cycle thrown in to keep you cycling fit after you consume junk like this. Look slike Juhi and the Kid need some exercise after consuming this unk and why is Shahrukh so fit...well hes away most o fthe time on ship...
A principal who eats childeren's tiffins is supposed to be funny and what about those kiddy gang war type o fsongs. A half hearted and half baked attempt.
Old 12th May 2008, 12:26   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Watched the movie Hot fuzz 2 days ago. Its basically about a cop who gets posted in this village where some weird accidents keep happening. Basically its nothing great to write about and a typical timepass kind of movie.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks