Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 14:57   #946
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
No, I didn't know of the story...

what is a "Borderline" movie and what golden rule did I violate?
Borderline movie is the one that has mixed reviews. I meant that you should not go in with high expectations of these movies. You mentioned that you recieved good feedback so maybe you were expecting more out of it. I too faced similar problem with Munnabhai II.
Now I go in expecting the worst and therefore being pleasantly surprised most of the times.
Old 14th April 2008, 16:23   #947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Now I go in expecting the worst and therefore being pleasantly surprised most of the times.
Spot on. I too expect the worst. In fact try not to read reviews before you go to watch a movie. You will always have a pre-conceived notion about the movie if you watch it after reading reviews.

That's why I watch FDFS.
Old 14th April 2008, 16:26   #948
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Spot on. I too expect the worst. In fact try not to read reviews before you go to watch a movie. You will always have a pre-conceived notion about the movie if you watch it after reading reviews.

That's why I watch FDFS.
And I watch them on Saturdays after reading n_c reviews
Old 14th April 2008, 17:14   #949
BHPian

Watched The Bank Job (2008) yetserday. Fantastic thriller, must watch.
Old 14th April 2008, 18:00   #950
Senior - BHPian

Will watch it tomorrow. It's on my list, will be done by morning.
Old 15th April 2008, 12:08   #951
BHPian

My mom and sis watched My Fair Lady yesterday. I couldnt sit through it, gave up in 10 minutes.
Old 15th April 2008, 15:52   #952
Senior - BHPian

Krazzy 4 - Agree with N_C's review. A complete waste of time. 4 very talented actors wasted in the movie. Avoidable for sure
Old 15th April 2008, 17:14   #953
BHPian

Do any of you watch documentaries? Have you seen one called "The Story of India" by Micheal Wood?
I am not ashamed to say that it took a foreigner to open my eyes to the wonder that is ( was? ) India.
If you love history, then you will love this series. I heard that it got 5 stars for all 6 episodes in UK. If you dont like history ( like me ), then be warned that seeing this might make you change your mind. I wish I had something like this when I was in the 10th.

I encoded each episode ( was about 700Mb ) to about 100Mb per episode. Just PM me if you want links

Here are a couple of screenshots that I took
The Movie Thread-story01.jpg

More scenes from the first episode. It all starts in Kerala

The Movie Thread-story02.jpg
Old 15th April 2008, 18:15   #954
Senior - BHPian

OT: How do you take such snapshots with time stamps ?
Old 15th April 2008, 18:19   #955
Senior - BHPian

Just finished Carlito's way.

WOW!! Id say this movie was more or less perfect. I really love gangster movies and this is right up there with the Godfather. Awesome performances by Sean Penn and Al Pacino. You can almost never tell whats going to happen next in the movie and there are a lot of scenes that are really really gripping. The story was really good too and kept you captivated throughout the movie. Id say this was definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen.
Old 15th April 2008, 19:36   #956
Senior - BHPian

You said it khanak. Carlito's Way is easily the most underrated of the gangster movie genre. Penn was phenomenal in the movie. The whole look and character was superbly crafted. Pacino as always is ace.

Watched The Darjeeling Limited yesterday. If you like dry humour, you will certainly enjoy it.
Old 15th April 2008, 19:40   #957
BHPian

Media Player Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
OT: How do you take such snapshots with time stamps ?
You use Media Player Classic ( usually when you install Real Alternaitve or QuickTime Alternative ).
Then in File >> Save Thumbnails. You can choose output size, rows, columns etc.

Before you take the snapshot, you might have to do the foolowing.

In Media Player Classic, go to View >> Options >> Playback >> Output. There you see DirectShow video Options.

Now depending on your computer's codec settings, you can use the default ( like mine is ), but sometimes you will get an error when you try to take snapshots. In those cases, you should set the options to other ones.
Sorry to be vague here, but I dont remember the actual settings. Close the prog and see if you can take snapshots.

That should do the trick
Old 15th April 2008, 21:37   #958
BHPian

well saw a few movies

vanatge point-very well taken good story line and execution and the ending was also very well done.

the bucket list-
was also a good movie but expected a longer story from it the world trip they went on ended pretty fast.

the bank job 2008-
probrably the best movie i saw from the list i am posting very well taken movie keeps you hoked on.

ps: there is a 2007bank job also which is just **** and looks like the whole movie was shot from a mobile phone and just utter crap.

before the devil knows your dead
story of two brothers who rob their own parents but demands a bit of patience because it gets boring at the start.

juno
very good movie about teenage pregnancy and surprising ending.

step up to the streets
a street dance movie didnt like the story line but you gota watch it for mainly its dance movies kudos to those guys just mid blowing dancing.

chasing the touge
a movie about touge racing and the different types of touge racers actually its a documentary.

seven years in tibet
a true story of a snobish gut( brad pit) who learns the teaching of Tibetans and their way of life.
a true story also shows hot they were chased out by the Chinese.
Old 15th April 2008, 22:12   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
You said it khanak. Carlito's Way is easily the most underrated of the gangster movie genre. Penn was phenomenal in the movie. The whole look and character was superbly crafted. Pacino as always is ace.

Watched The Darjeeling Limited yesterday. If you like dry humour, you will certainly enjoy it.
A lot of sites rate Goodfellas higher than Carlito's Way. I liked Carlito's way better.

Just finished watching I am Legend - The story is a bit freaky but very well made. There are some parts that really depressed me. Overall a really nice movie.
Old 16th April 2008, 08:06   #960
Senior - BHPian

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead - By Sidney Lemut. I really liked this movie. A robbery planned by two brothers goes tragically wrong. Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ethan Hawke and Marisa Tomei.

Seven Swords - By Tsui Hark. A must watch for martial arts fans.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks