Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2008, 15:07   #1006
Team-BHP Support

Trapped in Paradise: A sweet almost saccharine christmas movie.

Funny in parts and stupid in big doses.
Did not help that the temp was soaring and this movie is covered in snow.

My Rating 5/10.
Old 1st May 2008, 21:01   #1007
Senior - BHPian

==================== SPOILER ALERT =========================

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I watched it again and the movie was still intense. I have few doubts:
1. Who got the money? (My hunch is Anton Chigurg gets it but when? Is it in the hotel where Moss is killed?)
2. Does he kill Carla? (Hunch: Yes)
3. Does he kill the accountant? (Hunch: Yes)
1). Chigurrh did. From the hotel after he killed Moss. We can see the ventilation vent open and drag marks for the bag. And we know Moss hid the bag in a similar place in the first Motel.

2). I'd like to think that he did. After all, Chigurrh does not like leaving loose ends; And he keeps his word. He'd promised Moss that he would kill Carla. I liked how the movie leaves it to us to decide for ourselves, whether he actually kills her or not.

3). Ummm... I don't remember the accountant? If you mean the guy who hired Woody Harrelson, yes, I think Chigurrh did kill him.

Last edited by hydrashok : 1st May 2008 at 21:05.
Old 2nd May 2008, 00:19   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
2). I'd like to think that he did. After all, Chigurrh does not like leaving loose ends; And he keeps his word. He'd promised Moss that he would kill Carla. I liked how the movie leaves it to us to decide for ourselves, whether he actually kills her or not.
I guess so. While leaving her house he checks his shoes for any blood trace. Also, he takes her car !
Quote:
3). Ummm... I don't remember the accountant? If you mean the guy who hired Woody Harrelson, yes, I think Chigurrh did kill him.
After Chigurh kills the boss (who hired all these people), there is a person with him. Their dialogue goes this way:
AC: Who are you?
Accontant: Me? Nobody. Accounting.
Accontant: Are you going to shoot me?
AC: That depends. Do you see me?
(Scene ends)
Also, whats surpirsing is Moss (who usually careful) lets his guard down in El Paso. And his mom-in-law lets everybody in town know that they are going to El Paso. Why did he chose this place in the first place?
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:30   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Watched "August Rush" last night, damn good music..
I really liked that movie, and again i agree to you the music is good, i actually wanted the songs which was sung by the Rocker dad! hehe
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:53   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Lions for Lambs - Robert Redford. Good movie. A bit anti war though.
Charlie Wilson's War - Tom Hanks. Based on true events. Nice!
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:50   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I guess so. While leaving her house he checks his shoes for any blood trace. Also, he takes her car !
Righto! I do remember his checking his shoes now.

Quote:
After Chigurh kills the boss (who hired all these people), there is a person with him. Their dialogue goes this way:
AC: Who are you?
Accontant: Me? Nobody. Accounting.
Accontant: Are you going to shoot me?
AC: That depends. Do you see me?
(Scene ends)
I remember now. Hopefully Chigurrh let him be

Quote:
Also, whats surpirsing is Moss (who usually careful) lets his guard down in El Paso. And his mom-in-law lets everybody in town know that they are going to El Paso. Why did he chose this place in the first place?
Very true. I too think Moss was being unnaturally careless. About his mom-in-law, I knew what was going to happen the moment she shot her mouth off. Just proves you should let other know just what is necessary for them to know when things are a bit dangerous. I don't want to sound like an MCP here, but this is generally what happens when you let women know too much Poor guy paid for it with his life. But then the bad guys might have followed Carla and her mother to Moss also.

@shuvd, I liked Lions for Lambs a lot too. A lot of people found it a bit too "academic" and the three storylines took a while to connect-up, but the spirit of the movie is excellent. Robert Redford sure knows how to make an excellent movie. I did feel Tom Cruise was a bit out of place as the Senator, but then again, he did play the smiling, double-talking, baby-kissing, hand-pressing liar very well, without rubbing it in our face.

Last edited by hydrashok : 2nd May 2008 at 11:54.
Old 2nd May 2008, 23:03   #1012
BHPian

Saw Bee Movie.

Excellent 7/10
Old 5th May 2008, 15:27   #1013
BHPian

Hi guys, need some help. Which audio format is better? PAL or NTSC?

I have an old Philips DVD player that plays quite well but does not support DIVX. My TV is a 29 inch Sansui with surround sound and built in woofer.

I use Cyberlink creator for creating DVDs from AVI or DIVX files.

thanks in advance,
Old 5th May 2008, 15:34   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Tashan

Finally watched Tashan this weekend. Partly because there were no other good un-seen movies, and partly because I got a 1+1 offer (and since I am a movie buff, I have to watch all movies!).

Frankly, I didnt find it as disappointing as reported in this thread or the media. This might be because I went - not with low expectation - but with negative expectations.

So, the lack of plot, poorly written story, loose direction, badly sketched characters, ghastly appearance of Kareena Kapoor, an incomprehensible Anil Kapoor and an overall pathetic movie couldn't lower my expectations any further.

Rating - Doesn't deserve one
Old 5th May 2008, 16:39   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Is Iron Man released? N_C bhai, any reviews?
Old 5th May 2008, 17:04   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Hi guys, need some help. Which audio format is better? PAL or NTSC?

I have an old Philips DVD player that plays quite well but does not support DIVX. My TV is a 29 inch Sansui with surround sound and built in woofer.

I use Cyberlink creator for creating DVDs from AVI or DIVX files.

thanks in advance,
I guess you meant video format. If I convert a backup back into a DVD, I generally use PAL. I used to do this quite often a couple of years back, after which my lappie's DVD writer packed up (daily abuse was a bit too much for it). I used to use Nero for the conversion.

I don't bother to convert to DVD at all nowadays and prefer to watch backups on my desktop/laptop. If I do watch the backups on on TV (rare nowadays), I use the video-out of my lappie to feed video to the TV, and the earphone socket of the lappie to feed audio to the HT amp.

Backup to DVD always gives bad results, video-wise, esp. if you later watch ot on your desktop/laptop.

The best option, I feel, is to get a DivX compatible DVD player. But then you should know that I haven't taken my own advice yet, after mulling over this for the past 2 years or so
Old 5th May 2008, 17:41   #1017
Team-BHP Support

I saw Ironman and Forbiddon kingdom.
The former was amazing, the latter so so.
Don't walk out of the theater before credits starts rolling. there is a bonus scene at end of credits!
Old 5th May 2008, 22:56   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Iron man..!!what a fab movie..A MUST MUST WATCH..!!
Old 5th May 2008, 23:07   #1019
F50
Senior - BHPian

I saw Forbidden Kingdom, I liked it. I love all Jackie Chan movies and Jet Li was great too.

Tsk, which movie has the bonus scene?
Old 6th May 2008, 00:06   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Just watched "The Kingdom" today. It's based on Saudi US conflicts . Very realistic. The start and the climax are gripping. Good performances by the entire cast.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks