Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 10:35   #916
Senior - BHPian

Saw Shaurya yesterday and like Tanveer said - could have been better but definitely a better watch than the other crap coming out.

Kay Kay has 3-4 scenes and he simply TOWERS above everyone. He is simply rocking in the climax scene. Rahul Bose is competent and Jaaved Jaffery gets a meaty part after a long time.

Verdict - 2.5/5
Old 5th April 2008, 18:22   #917
BHPian

Id suggest watching "A FEW GOOD MEN" itself. Rocking movie. Pretty slow but after its over, you realise it was thoroughly enjoyable. Havnt watched Shourya yet. Perhaps soon.
Old 5th April 2008, 18:38   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
... "Jackie Brown" ...

Any other good movie along the same lines?
Two more to add to the list are Best Laid Plans and Thursday.

I'd been racking my head for the names of both these movies all of yesterday. I remember scenes from the movies, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember the names of the movies or the actors. Today, I remembered the names of Thomas Jane from Thursday and Alessandro Nivola from Best Laid Plans today and then it was easy to track down the movies on IMDB

Last edited by hydrashok : 5th April 2008 at 18:40.
Old 5th April 2008, 20:48   #919
Senior - BHPian

The Ice Harvest - John Cusack. Nice movie with lots of twists and turns. A don't miss!

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - John C Reilly. Extremely funny movie about a musician who overcomes all odds.
Old 6th April 2008, 07:05   #920
Senior - BHPian

Run Fatboy Run

Just finished watching Run Fatboy Run and really really enjoyed it. The movie was extremely well made by David Schwimmer - better known as Ross from Friends.

I dont really believe that movies with a similar story line or plot are really copied from each other and get quite pissed when people say that a Hindi movie is copied from an English one even though they just have similar storylines with differences in the plot. A lot of us are in the habit of pouncing on anything that comes out of Bollywood while on the other hand are quite forgiving with movies coming out of Hollywood. Having said that Id say the movie is a bit similar to Lakhshya. The movie is about how the main character finally disciplines himself and is able to commit himself to completing a task that has a lot more significance than it may appear to have.

The movie flows really well and I wasn't able to tell what was going to happen in the next scene which IMO is a really good thing. The movie progresses from scene to scene without dragging on or becoming boring and although there are a few twists and turns the movie doesnt become overcomplicated or boring at any time. Bits here and there are a bit filmy but its still very entertaining. Nike used this movie for some not so subtle product placement and I am beginning to wonder if there are going to be any movies releasing ever again without some sort of product placement. Excellent performances by all the main characters especially Simon Pegg who was so natural and believable. I believe Simon Pegg is a stand up comic and that comes through in the movie, he is hilarious and there are some scenes where I was laughing pretty hard and its all thanks to him .Thandie Newton did a good job too and looks really pretty in the movie. Harish Patel plays the part of an Indian landlord and is hilarious without being offensive. I like the way he potrayed his Indianness so well without acting extra stupid or poking fun at Indians which a lot of movies unfortunately do - intentionally or unintentionally. Overall Id recommend this movie for some nice light entertainment.cheers:

4/5 from me

Last edited by khanak : 6th April 2008 at 07:17.
Old 6th April 2008, 08:23   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Run Fatboy Run

Just finished watching Run Fatboy Run and really really enjoyed it. The movie was extremely well made by David Schwimmer ...
4/5 from me
Haven't seen it yet. Sounds good I like movies like these a lot. After all, anything that leaves you with a good feeling in the end is really worth watching.

David Schwimmer seems to be doing pretty good in movies nowadays. I remember watching Big Nothing with him starring in it, and that was a pretty good movie too. About how a simple guy, desperate for money gets forced into helping with a blackmailing scheme. All looks well at first, but then all hell breaks loose. Pretty good black comedy. This movie also stars Simon Pegg (he's the guy in Run Fatboy Run).

Last edited by hydrashok : 6th April 2008 at 08:27.
Old 6th April 2008, 08:37   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Haven't seen it yet. Sounds good I like movies like these a lot. After all, anything that leaves you with a good feeling in the end is really worth watching.
It definatly isnt a movie masterpiece or have some deep artsy fartsy angle to it but IMO movies like this are equally important and sometimes you really prefer watching something light that like you said leaves you with a good feeling in the end.
Old 6th April 2008, 09:09   #923
Senior - BHPian

Run Fatboy Run is a fun comedy.
Not bad at all.
After watching Pegg as the Inspector in Hot fuzz, it was funny to watch him as the total loser.
Old 6th April 2008, 09:31   #924
BHPian

Well, I thought Run Fatboy Run was pretty amateurish.

Watched The Prestige - not too bad, I thought.
Old 7th April 2008, 20:24   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Well, I thought Run Fatboy Run was pretty amateurish.

I would'nt say i 'loved' it, but it was a good movie nevertheless. And to say that Scarlet was smoking hot would be the understatement of the year.
Old 8th April 2008, 15:07   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Id suggest watching "A FEW GOOD MEN" itself. Rocking movie. Pretty slow but after its over, you realise it was thoroughly enjoyable.

I second that. A Few Good Men (1992) link IMDB is a great movie. I also watched The Untouchables (1987) link imdb. Great movie
Old 8th April 2008, 19:01   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Do you mind posting a few lines on The Prestige? Please dont give away the plot away though. I want to watch it, but not if it is a terribly slow film like Schindler's List which i just could not sit through.
Old 8th April 2008, 20:54   #928
BHPian

No, it is not a "terribly slow" movie like Schindler's List (one of the finest movies in its own right). It is basically about the rivalry between two magicians and how far they are willing to go (and go) to be the "better" magician of the two. And how far they stretch themselves and their souls to that end.

The movie does tend to slip at times, so I thought, but somehow manages to hold up together with a nice finish. Definitely watchable and something that will make you think a little after the screening is over. Do watch it.
Old 9th April 2008, 02:28   #929
Senior - BHPian

Finished Blood Simple. Liked it. Simple and effective.
Old 10th April 2008, 19:23   #930
Senior - BHPian

Just got a Rock collection DVD - Rundown, Doom, Gameplan, Scorpion King etc.

Just watched ' The Rundown - Rumble in the Jungle ' starring Rock ( WWF Fame )

Excellent flick - kept me entertained throughout. MUST WATCH. 4/5
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks