Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2008, 15:55   #1366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Saw this when I saw Hancock. And it did not really do justice or whet my appetite. The trailer, that is. Looked quite confused.
The new Bond IMO is crap.
Old 17th July 2008, 16:40   #1367
Senior - BHPian

The Dark Night.. thats the way to go.
agree about bond!
Old 17th July 2008, 16:43   #1368
BHPian

Saw "Into the Wild" the umpteenth time last night. Its simply mindblowing everytime i see it. Emile's portrayal of Alexander is one of the best cinema has to offer. See the movie with Eddie Vedder's mind-numbing soundtrack playing in the scenes. Have always admired Sean Penn's portrayal of characters in his movies, but this time his direction outshone his acting credentials. See this movie alone, dont ask me why, once you'll see it then you'll realize.
Old 17th July 2008, 16:44   #1369
BHPian

The hindi movie UGLY AUR PAGLI is going to be released soon, i somehow feel its inspired by the korean movie MY SASSY GIRL. Lets wait and see.
Old 17th July 2008, 16:47   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Saw this when I saw Hancock. And it did not really do justice or whet my appetite. The trailer, that is. Looked quite confused.
I know, I too saw it and was wondering where are the damn gadgets and the Aston Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Zee Studio is showing some classics these days. Last evening I watched 'The World's Fastest Indian'.

The story of an old man, Burt Munro who owns a vintage 1920 Indian motorcycle. The motorcycle is his life. His dream is to speed run it over 200 mph on the vast salt tracks of Bonneville, Utah. He accomplishes his dream in the end. His journey from a small NZ town, Invercargill to Bonneville is brilliantly shot. Anthony Hopkins as Burt Munro is one of the most impeccable performances in cinema I have seen in a long time.

Superb movie. 5/5 rating
Amazing movie. They are playing it quiet often these days. I saw it 2 times in the last 10 days. I give it 10/10
Old 17th July 2008, 19:45   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know, I too saw it and was wondering where are the damn gadgets and the Aston Martin
Did you watch it with your eyes open,buddy? The Aston in all its carbon fibre glory is definitely present for a couple seconds in the trailer.

Guns, gags, gadgets and Girls. Bond is Bond is Bond!
Old 18th July 2008, 02:23   #1372
Senior - BHPian

The Dark Knight . 10/10

Ive seen Hancock, Iron man, Hulk but nothing compares to BATMAN,THE DARK KNIGHT

Went for the primier show at Fame. Just got back from the movie. THIS MOVIE ROCKS!!!! Its keeps you entertained throughout the movie. Its doesnt seem to lull at any give point of time. Sountrack is also great. The movie is also more realistic. Batman seems pretty mortal this time round.

Heath Ledger as The Joker has done an AWESOME AWESOME JOB. Great acting by him. HES EVEN BETTER THAN BATMAN.

Loved the BATMOBILE and the BATBIKE. Hes also got a Lambo and an Mv agusta in the movie. Well He smashes the LAMBO on purpose. Loved that scene. Also Blows up his BAtmobile.

If you ask me. THE JOKER's done a better job than Batman. Most say this role could even go for an oscar.

The Movie Thread-000190a210dr.jpg
Old 18th July 2008, 08:35   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Did you watch it with your eyes open,buddy? The Aston in all its carbon fibre glory is definitely present for a couple seconds in the trailer.

Guns, gags, gadgets and Girls. Bond is Bond is Bond!
My mistake I should have clarified this in my post. What I meant was for the first 3/4 portion of the ad, the car's missing and the movie doesn't look like a bond flick (for those who don't know that Daniel Craig is the new bond).

Hope I am clear this time. I am also eager to watch it in November 08. The name's Racala, Yenna Rascalla!
Old 18th July 2008, 11:51   #1374
BHPian

taken-
a must watch a father who used to work with the spy network his daughter is kidnapped a must watch a lot of action as well as interesting story line.
Old 18th July 2008, 12:20   #1375
Team-BHP Support

Guys - Any point in watching the Dark Knight if I have not seen any Batman movie before? Not even the cartoon.
Old 18th July 2008, 12:39   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Is Dark knight better than Batman Begins? I hated the last one. What with weird machines & a batman who looks more evil than the villains & even destroys more property than the villain
Old 18th July 2008, 12:39   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys - Any point in watching the Dark Knight if I have not seen any Batman movie before? Not even the cartoon.

Yes. Its a typical Superhero movie. Its got no real connection with the last movie. Its a must watch.

I feel they should have given a better Actress for the movie. Better as in better looks.
Old 18th July 2008, 12:47   #1378
BHPian

No one did joker better than 'Heath Ledger' i guess.
If at all an Oscar is awarded to him, what would be the number of posthumous Oscars awarded!?
Old 18th July 2008, 12:48   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you ask me. THE JOKER's done a better job than Batman. Most say this role could even go for an oscar.
Yeah....too bad that the actor is longer in this world.
Old 18th July 2008, 14:10   #1380
BHPian

[quote=hydrashok;905990]Haven't caught this one yet. I keep hearing good stuff about it, but I haven't lifted my @$$ up and taken the effort to get it yet. Added to list (for real, this time)

You bet dude, one to keep in your CD/DVD collection. Brilliant movie.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks