Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2020, 18:02   #2731
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

How can one watch The Mandalorian or any other Disney+ content legally in India?
Old 6th January 2020, 18:15   #2732
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the Witcher series. Fantasy hungry fans which are starving after GOT, should watch this TODAY!!

Henry Cavill is amazing!
Old 6th January 2020, 19:42   #2733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The Mandalorian : 3.5 / 5
Thanks for the recommendation. Watched the first 3 episodes and really liked it. Jon Favreau seems to have done a good job with story and screenplay. Really like the artwork at the end of each episode as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-m1.jpg  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-m3.jpg  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-m5.jpg  

Old 6th January 2020, 19:44   #2734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Just saw the Witcher series. Fantasy hungry fans which are starving after GOT, should watch this TODAY!!

Henry Cavill is amazing!
Does it have a logical ending or does it end in a cliffhanger to be continued in the next season?
Old 6th January 2020, 20:02   #2735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Does it have a logical ending or does it end in a cliffhanger to be continued in the next season?
Logical ending. Closes out the chapter this season. Season 1 is just like an intro to all characters with some backstory and grounding for what is to come next.
Old 6th January 2020, 20:15   #2736
Senior - BHPian

The Witcher:

The timelines were a bit hard to wrap my head around at first but it definitely is worth a watch for action/fantasy buffs.
7/10

The Mandalorian:

Good watch as well. 8/10
Old 6th January 2020, 20:47   #2737
Senior - BHPian

Just finishing WALKING DEAD - approaching the last season. It is a fantastic series.

Also JAMES MAY - JAPAN 0 the new series on Amazon is absolutely brilliant.

Dont **** with Cats - brilliant must watch again.
Old 6th January 2020, 20:57   #2738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The Mandalorian : 3.5 / 5

An off-take from the Star Wars saga, with some interesting twists and turns; and connect to the original saga storyline. Surprisingly the Mandalorian in the series becomes a secondary character as he's clearly beaten by a much cuter and relevant character (wrt the original series).
Should I have watched Star Wars to make sense of it? I haven't watched Star Wars (not even a single movie).

BTW Disney+ is fantastic. The content for kids is brilliant. Also it ends up rolling back the years with Duck Tales & Mickey Mouse - I watched it with my kids

Off late I have noticed - no original content on Netflix is truly great - they are usually better than average with some notable exceptions like The Irishman/Stranger Things. They are enough to keep you hooked so that you wont cancel but nothing extraordinary.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 6th January 2020 at 21:01.
Old 6th January 2020, 22:09   #2739
BHPian

Finished the 3 episode BBC's Dracula series developed by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat (creators of BBC Sherlock). The first 2 episodes were brilliantly written, intriguing and genuinely scary and disturbing. The last episode completely lost me. Danish actor Claes Bang playing Count Dracula is absolutely perfect for the role and British actress Dolly Wells playing Sister Agatha was brilliant! Must watch for fans of gothic horror genre!

Anybody finished watching Apple TV Plus' See? Do let me know the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Should I have watched Star Wars to make sense of it? I haven't watched Star Wars (not even a single movie).
IMO, there's no point in watching The Mandalorian if you haven't watched any Star Wars movies. The basic story/premise of the show (stripped of every Star Wars connection) is not very original. The things that make the show worth watching is the feeling of being back in the Star Wars universe and the excitement of recognising things in the show previously seen in the movies. Since you haven't watched any of the movies, you won't be able to get those references and the show would feel bland to you. This is what I feel, but maybe you can watch the first 2-3 episodes to see how you like it.

Last edited by FrodoOfTheShire : 6th January 2020 at 22:20.
Old 7th January 2020, 07:06   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Just finishing WALKING DEAD - approaching the last season. It is a fantastic series.
I have been binging on The Walking Dead for last month. Used to catch it in TV once in a while a few years back and it was very interesting then. Now completed the entire 9 seasons on Netflix at a stretch and looking forward to season 10.

Currently on season 3 of Fear the Walking Dead on Prime. This one is good too.. Lot of Spanish though, so have to keep the eyes on screen to read the sub-titles.(I watch them all on my phone as I'm working on my PC).

Awaiting the arrival Morgan from there to here.
Old 7th January 2020, 07:10   #2741
Team-BHP Support

Started watching Season 2 of YOU on Netflix. Season 1 was interesting, but Season 2 seems kinda boring. Watch only of you don't have better, or other interesting options.
Old 7th January 2020, 10:48   #2742
Distinguished - BHPian

I once watched a documentary titled "Big Rig" on Netflix (US) in 2013. It's a great telling on the lives of truckers in the USA, with slick editing (great graphics in the cut-scenes, mood-setting music etc.) Haven't been able to find it again since, but gladly - I found it out there, free to stream, on YouTube:

Enjoy!

PS: This documentary is from 2007. If you hear out these truck drivers, you'll not be surprised at all as to how Trump got elected in 2016.
Old 7th January 2020, 19:56   #2743
BHPian

Watched "The Gift" on Netflix. It's a Turkish series about archaeology, murder mystery and ancient folklore. One of the best series I've watched in the recent past. Waiting for season 2. People into Indiana Jones and the like, will love this.
Old 8th January 2020, 13:43   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I once watched a documentary titled "Big Rig" on Netflix (US) in 2013. It's a great telling on the lives of truckers in the USA, with slick editing (great graphics in the cut-scenes, mood-setting music etc.) Haven't been able to find it again since, but gladly - I found it out there, free to stream, on YouTube:
This was a nice one, thanks for recommending
Old 8th January 2020, 13:47   #2745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
This was a nice one, thanks for recommending
Of course! If you're interested in a similar series about Truckers, that'd be "Outback Truckers" on Netflix India and on YouTube.

Most Viewed