Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2019, 11:11   #2716
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Operation Finale is based on the actual events leading up to Eichmann's 'capture' and his transportation to Israel to stand trial. Its cinematic recreation and not fiction.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ale-180970153/
Well OK...I meant as opposed to a documentary with authentic footage of the events, as in The Devil Next Door. A dramatised version of events, if you will

Last edited by noopster : 11th December 2019 at 11:13.
Old 11th December 2019, 11:24   #2717
Senior - BHPian

Finished watching the 2nd season of 'The Inside Edge'. It just doesn't have the feel of 1st season. It is good but just about that. The first season was raw, it had that energy which was gripping. This 2nd one is sophsticated, clean and don't have the soul of 1st one.
Old 12th December 2019, 13:39   #2718
Senior - BHPian

Finished watching a limited series called " A very English Scandal" starring Hugh Grant. It is available on Prime.

Rating:4/5
Old 13th December 2019, 04:27   #2719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Fauda is one of the better shows out there. Since you enjoyed Fauda, do check out 'The Spy', on Netflix. Once again a series about an Israeli spy, and based on actual events.
Thanks for the suggestion, it will be my next
In the meantime watched Frontier on Netflix. Worth watching.
Set in the interesting times of 18th century when there were both Guns and Arrows around. Story is wrapped around the fur trade business in North America and Canada when the Brits arrived. Also the lead played by Jason Momoa makes the show even better.
Old 17th December 2019, 20:45   #2720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
spot on.
Did you watch Watchmen HBO series? its available on Hotstar and at the end of 1st episode, I was grinning ear to ear. Haven't found time to watch more but definitely plan to over this weekend. Only problem is, the Witcher is here this friday

Old 17th December 2019, 21:31   #2721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Did you watch Watchmen HBO series? its available on Hotstar and at the end of 1st episode, I was grinning ear to ear. Haven't found time to watch more but definitely plan to over this weekend. Only problem is, the Witcher is here this friday
I'll give it a shot.
I just found something that may be interesting. "Manhattan" on Sony liv. Premise is strong, and the period sense is quite accurate. I'm hoping it turns out to be good.
Old 20th December 2019, 20:49   #2722
Senior - BHPian

Just completed "Dont F**k with cats". 3 episodes mini series. Very interesting and well made with background score. Must must watch.
5/5 score. Netflix.
Old 27th December 2019, 16:10   #2723
Distinguished - BHPian

Started a couple of good series' after winding up Good Doctor which, by the way, is excellent.
1. A discovery of witches (Sony) - British series, about vampires, demons and witches in the modern world. Kind of like the davinci code meets Underworld. Its very engaging.
2. The resident (Hotstar) - On recommendation from the missus, who actually began watching it because of Matt Czuchry from the good wife. I like the series so far in.
Old 27th December 2019, 17:43   #2724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..Only problem is, the Witcher is here this friday ...
Stumbled upon this series and what a good one! Loved the way Henry Cavill played the role, especially the well timed swearing!

Anya is no less good in her role!

Seems season 2 is a year away!
Old 27th December 2019, 17:58   #2725
AZT
BHPian

The Mandalorian season finale coming out today and I cant wait for it! If any star wars fans out there, you will definitely love this show!
Old 27th December 2019, 18:11   #2726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Stumbled upon this series and what a good one! Loved the way Henry Cavill played the role, especially the well timed swearing!
Season 1 began the series on an excellent note. Anyone who is into fantasy book series like GoT, LOTR must watch The Witcher.
Old 27th December 2019, 23:26   #2727
BHPian

Just finished Amazon Prime's Jack Ryan seasons 1 and 2 back to back. Felt the first season was lot better mainly due to the fleshed out antagonists compared to generic bad guys from the second season. Arab-Israeli actor Ali Suliman was absolutely fantastic as Mousa bin Suleiman in the first season! Season 1 should be a must watch for anyone looking for an engaging international spy thriller with a brilliantly fleshed out antagonist!
Old 28th December 2019, 11:57   #2728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Henry Cavill played the role
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
The Witcher.
The Witcher - Rate it 3.5/5
Henry Cavill is perfect for the role of the Witcher and overall, I would say Season 1 has done a decent job of setting the stage. They could have spent a little more time building out the environment and different factions that are at play. It might be a little confusing for someone who hasn't read the books or played the game.

Watchmen - Rate it 4.5/5
plastered on my face from start to finish. Well paced screen play complemented by good story telling and acting ensures that you are glued to the screen. The fact that they managed to stitch together different timelines of watchmen makes it special. A big thumbs up from my end and eagerly waiting for Season 2 now!

Last edited by procrj : 28th December 2019 at 12:05.
Old 2nd January 2020, 16:24   #2729
Distinguished - BHPian

The Mandalorian : 3.5 / 5

An off-take from the Star Wars saga, with some interesting twists and turns; and connect to the original saga storyline. Surprisingly the Mandalorian in the series becomes a secondary character as he's clearly beaten by a much cuter and relevant character (wrt the original series).

Definitely worth a watch - the first season sets up the storyline (fingers crossed) for some interesting background story setup to be expanded upon; and I hope they do a much better job than the writers of the latest Star Wars movie did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
The Mandalorian season finale coming out today and I cant wait for it! If any star wars fans out there, you will definitely love this show!
+1 Although the few Star Wars fans (hardcore) I know just ahem ahem-ed wrt this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Season 1 began the series on an excellent note. Anyone who is into fantasy book series like GoT, LOTR must watch The Witcher.
Quote:
The Witcher - Rate it 3.5/5
Henry Cavill is perfect for the role of the Witcher and overall, I would say Season 1 has done a decent job of setting the stage.
Quote:
Thanks guys! Putting this on the to-do list next! But if it ends on a cliffhanger at end of Season 1, then I might probably choose to delay this till Season 2 is around the corner!

Any BattleBots fans out here? I'm trying to source the latest season (2019) online, but don't see any options wrt to any of the streaming sites.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Old 3rd January 2020, 14:39   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Just completed "Dont F**k with cats". 3 episodes mini series. Very interesting and well made with background score. Must must watch.
5/5 score. Netflix.
Finished watching this recently. Although it was very interesting and enjoyable, I found that they made a bigger deal of the internet nerds' contributions than required. The guy seemed to have left enough evidence for the Montreal police to work out everything by themselves. Also, the internet sleuths seemed to tried to make it as if they were chasing a super smart killer, but the way that guy left all the evidence(including his driver license) for the Montreal police, he didn't seem very smart at all.

On another note, the new season of The Expanse is final here, and it is an Amazon Original now, so looking forward to spend the next few days with my favourite sci fi characters .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks