Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2020, 14:53   #3466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Watched the Netflix limited series Manhunt: Unabomber recently. The story of America's most prolific serial bomber with 16 hits over 17 years and the man who would end up catching him. It's interesting but anyone who knows the full story of the Unabomber may find it dull. I liked it though. Recommended it to a friend and he also liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Watched a really nice docuseries on Netflix. "Room 2806: The Accusation" - true story of the fall of Dominique Strauss-Kahn, a man many thought would become the French president. Hotel maid accuses him of rape & sexual molestation, he says the act was consensual. But it ended his career instantly.

Just wish the pace was faster. Will give it 3.5 / 5 stars.
Yes I have the same feedback. Having followed part of the scandal as it unfolded back then, I was looking forward to some more inside dope perhaps and was left feeling mildly disappointed. Still worth a watch.

Last edited by noopster : 31st December 2020 at 14:55.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 15:03   #3467
Team-BHP Support

Any reviews of Criminal Justice on Hotstar?
Old 31st December 2020, 15:56   #3468
Team-BHP Support

Just finished Queen's Gambit.

This series has a small amount of drama and revolves mostly around Chess and has really long episodes; yet, I didn't get too bored with it and stuck through watching it over three days. (And I don't play Chess)

3.5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Everyone in the house, except me, are watching it and have good reviews.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 20:25   #3469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I watched it long back. It is quite engrossing and well made series. Just keep in mind that it's dark and quite a bit sad as you will be seeing how life is in an Indian jail (quite an eye-opener)

Vikrant and Jackie did a fabulous job

I would rate it 3.5/5

Have seen a few posts on Schitt's Creek. We have been watching this about 3-4 months ago and binge watched it.

It was such a pleasure to watch this show. As some have already mentioned, this has to be one of the best comedy series out on air. Every dialogue, every facial expression is simply brilliant and fell absolutely together

Father-Son duo did a great job and deserve all the accolades this series gets

My favorite characters in sequential order are

Annie Murphy (Daughter)- She is outstanding
Eugene Levy (Father)- His facial expressions are out of this world
Daniel Levy (Son)- His dialogue delivery and facial expressions is highlight of this show
Chris Elliot (Mayor of Schitts Creek)- He is my favorite character of this entire show. He is a delight to watch
Catherine O Tara (Mother)- She was good but, a fair bit of overacting

P.S : One of my most favorite scene is Daniel singing Tina Turner's " Simply the Best" to his lover. What a scene and what a song

Overall, this is a must watch series and I would also rate it 5/5
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 20:56   #3470
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'ZeroZeroZero' on Amazon Prime. A Crime Drama about a cocaine shipment with many characters spread across continents & a bit of a complex narrative which you figure out after a few episodes. Overall an above average watch.

Also saw 'The Night Manager' on Prime. A suspense thriller which starts of in a Cairo Hotel, it has an interesting plot. Its more like watching a Bond movie I felt. Good Performances by the cast. Overall a good mini-series.
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 17:24   #3471
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I watched it long back. It is quite engrossing and well made series. Just keep in mind that it's dark and quite a bit sad as you will be seeing how life is in an Indian jail (quite an eye-opener)

Vikrant and Jackie did a fabulous job

I would rate it 3.5/5
I think the original question was related to the new series of Criminal justice which was released recently.
I watched in the last week only and found it quite good though the plot has been dragged a bit. 5-6 episodes would have been a lot better than 8 episodes.

Having said that, it is pretty good and I would rate it a solid 8/10. Just for reference, I would rate the previous season 7/10. And without revealing too much, it does raise a very sensitive topic which might be considered as a taboo by our society. Definitely worth a watch.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 08:18   #3472
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Our family is quite enjoying Criminal Justice Season 2. We're big fans of Pankaj Tripathi, so that is definitely a contributor, but even the story line is interesting. If you like crime dramas, I would recommend a watch. Lots of twists & turns to keep you engaged.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 10:24   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
We're big fans of Pankaj Tripathi,
Pankaj Tripathi again did fantastic job in Criminal Justice 2. He reminds me of one of my favourite actors Amol Palekar, just so effortless acting, calm and controlled no excessive drama or loud dialogue deliveries.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 13:37   #3474
BHPian

Hi!

Can anyone tell me where I can watch the New Year special episode of Doctor Who in India? It is called "The Revolution of the Daleks" and it aired in the UK (BBC iPlayer) on January 1, 2021.

Thanks!
Old 2nd January 2021, 13:52   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
Watched a really nice docuseries on Netflix. "Room 2806: The Accusation" - true story of the fall of Dominique Strauss-Kahn, a man many thought would become the French president. Hotel maid accuses him of rape & sexual molestation, he says the act was consensual. But it ended his career instantly.

Just wish the pace was faster. Will give it 3.5 / 5 stars.
Thanks for the recco!. Watched it last night and truly enjoyed the docuseries. I use to follow the case back in 2011 so it was nice to get into the details and other back ground happenings.

Sometime back I watched another documentary on Jeffrey Epstein:Filthy Rich. Highly recommend this one too.
sameer sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 08:58   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaji View Post
Watch it on Hotstar premium. Superb show!
Completed watching "Big Little Lies" Season 1 yesterday on Hotstar. A very good show with outstanding performance from Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Shailene Woodley and child artist Darby Camp. Looking forward to watching Season 2.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:51   #3477
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I think the original question was related to the new series of Criminal justice which was released recently.
I watched in the last week only and found it quite good though the plot has been dragged a bit. 5-6 episodes would have been a lot better than 8 episodes.

Having said that, it is pretty good and I would rate it a solid 8/10. Just for reference, I would rate the previous season 7/10. And without revealing too much, it does raise a very sensitive topic which might be considered as a taboo by our society. Definitely worth a watch.
You are right on all counts. Me and missus were watching it and finished it yesterday.

Worth a watch for once and IMO, almost all actors did their part well.

Quote:
Our family is quite enjoying Criminal Justice Season 2. We're big fans of Pankaj Tripathi, so that is definitely a contributor, but even the story line is interesting.
Some how, this time, Pankaj did not get a role where he could give in much, despite that, his expressions are amazing. The lead lady's act was nice too, she did justice IMHO.
Old 5th January 2021, 10:09   #3478
BHPian

Mr Robot, Amazon Prime, 4/5

If you like Mr Robot, the 4th and final season is now available on Amazon Prime. It is a the story about a hacker who also suffers from mental issues. It tells the story of how he leads the fight against a global group of powerful and rich men.

The series is helmed by Rami Malek (who later on got fame for the Oscar winner Bohemian Rhapsody) and Christian Slater.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-mr-robot.jpeg
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 13:41   #3479
BHPian

I watched Nailpolish on Zee5 Premium. The movie is thrilling and superb acting by Manav Kaul and Arjun Rampal.

Its more of a Netflix type movie with good script and story but released on a wrong streaming service!
Old 7th January 2021, 14:06   #3480
Distinguished - BHPian

The Family Man Season 2 on prime from 12th February

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-smartselect_20210107135948_twitter.jpg

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-smartselect_20210107135959_twitter.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks