Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2021, 19:23   #3541
BHPian

I watching Obama's interview with Oprah on Apple TV. She discusses The Crown with him. Got intrigued and started it. Now I'm hooked.
Old 6th February 2021, 21:01   #3542
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnov View Post
I watching Obama's interview with Oprah on Apple TV. She discusses The Crown with him. Got intrigued and started it. Now I'm hooked.
It's brilliant, but I had a hard time, maybe two episodes worth, with the change in cast.
Once you're done, do also watch The House Of Windsor. It's a documentary, and the events are very relatable to the series.
Old 7th February 2021, 09:17   #3543
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
LUPIN Season 1 - Netflix
Heard quite some about it so watched over the last couple of days. To be honest, I found it very overwhelming. It was too short (for a Season) and there isn't enough in the plot.

Also, just a suggestion based on having watched a few non-English content (Fauda, Parasite etc.). It always helps to watch it in the language it was produced in. Yes, watching subtitles can be a chore but worth watching it in the natural language. Try it.

3/5
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 14:05   #3544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Nobody here watching the mandalorian? I find this hard to digest. What was your reaction when you saw xxxxxx on the big screen?

I almost fell off my couch in anticipation.
Sorry for the late post. I watched the episode a month back and I must say it was my favourite moment in the entire Star Wars Saga. Extreme goosebumps. They finally gave him his due.
punterccrx8s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 14:47   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
Nobody here watching the mandalorian? I find this hard to digest. What was your reaction when you saw Luke on the big screen?

Binged watched it and it is totally worth it. Now I think I should watch all the movies again.
This is how good stuff should be made.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 15:09   #3546

Just finished watching season 1 of Ted Lasso on Apple TV+
It is a good comedy series based on a Football coach of the same name.
Old 9th February 2021, 18:37   #3547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Binged watched it and it is totally worth it. Now I think I should watch all the movies again.
This is how good stuff should be made.
Another +1 for The Mandalorian. Really well-made series, keeps the essence of the Star wars films intact but a fresh story presented really well. In fact, I liked it better than some of the recent Star wars movies. I ended up buying a baby yoda from Amazon for my daughter, and she absolutely loves it

Also finished watching Confession on Sonyliv. Very nicely made mini-series based on a true story, recommended.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9131050/

Last edited by adimicra : 9th February 2021 at 18:42.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 19:34   #3548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Another +1 for The Mandalorian. Really well-made series, keeps the essence of the Star wars films intact but a fresh story presented really well. In fact, I liked it better than some of the recent Star wars movies. I ended up buying a baby yoda from Amazon for my daughter, and she absolutely loves it

Also finished watching Confession on Sonyliv. Very nicely made mini-series based on a true story, recommended.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9131050/
Don’t even get me started on the last three sequels of Star Wars. What a wretched set of films. I couldn’t even get myself to watch it in entirety, but did it. The prequels were some of the best movies I have ever seen. The originals were great too, in their era.

News has it that almost the entire cast of the sequels have been fired, and none of the original makers have any say on the next set of movies. The entire focus is on Mandalorian, Ashoka, and Kenobi to “fix” the damage done and then recreate the new movies.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 18:02   #3549
BHPian

On Netflix docu series Crime Scene - The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is very good. Its 4 episodes. Quiet intriguing.
sameer sultan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 18:58   #3550
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, "Tiger" on HotStar is an amazing 2-part docuseries on Tiger Woods. You'll love it even if you aren't into golf. Shows lots of details on his rise & fall. What a talent!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 19:07   #3551
Distinguished - BHPian

A little off topic, but just wanted to check with you guys if lionsgate play is worth subscribing to?
Old 15th February 2021, 22:16   #3552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It was pretty good. Season 2 just started, first episode was so though
I finished Season 2 this weekend. I liked it and felt it to be better than Season 1. Definitely recommended. A solid 8/10 rating from my side

Started watching Schitt's creek, which has been receiving rave reviews. Watched 3 episodes so far and finding it a nice easy watch. But nothing really stands out so far. Hoping it to get better.
Old 15th February 2021, 22:37   #3553
BHPian

Quote:
Nobody here watching the mandalorian? I find this hard to digest. What was your reaction when you saw Luke on the big screen?

The Mandalorian was such a refreshing change from the latest star wars movies. That scene in the last episode was just the icing on the cake which made an already splendid watch even more better. I would highly recommend this show to anyone even remotely familiar with the Star Wars Universe.

What did you guys think about the soundtrack? Easily one of the best after the original star wars opening.
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 23:22   #3554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
A little off topic, but just wanted to check with you guys if lionsgate play is worth subscribing to?
As of now, they have some good titles. Not as varied as Netflix or even Hotstar. But then, titles like La La Land, Monster’s Ball, Hope Springs, Secretary, The Ninth Gate, Now You See Me series, The Hunger Games series are all there in Lionsgate Play.

They are adding some good titles off late. I have been given access to Vodafone premium content as per my plan and Lionsgate Play is part of that. So, if you have a Vodafone connection, I am sure you will also get that.
Old 16th February 2021, 08:18   #3555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
What did you guys think about the soundtrack? Easily one of the best after the original star wars opening.
Its my ringtone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks