Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2021, 15:35   #3676
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Friends back together again. Friends: The Reunion streaming May 27 only on HBO Max

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th May 2021 at 15:41.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 16:24   #3677
Team-BHP Support

Really looking forward to this. I know it will be a disappointment in all probabilities, but still for old times sake.....
Old 14th May 2021, 18:46   #3678
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dropping in a recommendation for Out Of Love. The initial episodes get a 3.5 / 5 star rating, but thereafter, it is a solid 4 / 5 star show. Exceptional performance by Rasika Dugal as the doctor wife of a straying husband (who is quite a loser actually). Purab Kohli is also damn good, but everyone else (supporting roles) is just average. Shot in beautiful Coonoor.

Can watch it with the family. Just fast-forward through a few steamy scenes.

GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 18:57   #3679
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Dropping in a recommendation for Out Of Love
The first season in indeed quite enjoyable; the second one not so much. They couldn't retain the charm and it got too dark.
libranof1987 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 22:53   #3680
BHPian

Quote:
Dropping in a recommendation for Out Of Love.
+1

Nice watch indeed. However, I have only watched the first season. While jumping onto the second one, I encountered some issue with the subscription.

Family loved the S1 & cannot wait to watch the 2nd one.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 09:51   #3681
BHPian

Quote:
Dropping in a recommendation for Out Of Love.
Was about to recommend the same. First season is good indeed. But the second one(until now) is somehow missing the spark. Still would rate it 3.5/5.

Hooked onto Marcella in netflix. It's a british thriller involving a detective in her late 30's who gave up her job to marry and devote her life to starting a family. But fate had other things for her as she had to return to investigate a series of events which turns out to be related to her personal life. Would rate it 3.5/5.

Last edited by Fordlover88 : 15th May 2021 at 10:01. Reason: added content
Fordlover88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 19:23   #3682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Friends back together again. Friends: The Reunion streaming May 27 only on HBO Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Really looking forward to this. I know it will be a disappointmet.....
Keep your expectations really low, and I mean really really low. This is unscripted, talk-show event, also with a long and bizarre guest list
DigitalOne is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 08:35   #3683
BHPian

Succession! Rewatching both S1 and S2 for the 3rd time with my wife. Incredibly good show, brilliant writing, performances, score. It's the story of a family heading a multi-billion dollar media conglomerate, and how the patriarch mulls his next successor to the empire. Like most decisions in life, this isn't straightforward and there are hilarious bits of drama in between. 10/10 would recommend, it's available on Hotstar.

Sudarshan42 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 09:18   #3684
BHPian

Greetings fellas!
I would recommend "Peaky Blinders" web series for everyone having interest in gangster type/alpha male based show.
Youtube is filled with body language analysis of it's main character Thomas Shelby (Cillian Murphy), the way he walks, talks and thinks is out of the world!

It's directed by BBC and is available on Netflix, having 5 seasons of about 6 episodes each.

I would go to an extent to say that this series is a feeling in itself! You can't be the same after watching it.

If you liked Godfather, you'll thank me after watching this one

Do check this video out:-
Rambo-RS is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 10:29   #3685
BHPian

I have been watching "El Dragon - the return of the warrior" on Netflix. It's a Spanish series on a drug lord trying to legitimize his business. It's super fast moving with a suspense in nearly every episode. Not for family though.

Last edited by veyron_head : 16th May 2021 at 10:30.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:16   #3686
BHPian

Check out Warrior on hotstar !
It’s based on Chinese immigration to America in the
During late 1800s.
It’s has got great acting/storyline. Witty dialogue great action sequences. It’s written by Bruce Lee himself. I bing watched both the seasons on two separate occasions ��.
You won’t be disappointed if you like mafia style action dramas!
buntee90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:42   #3687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
Succession! Rewatching both S1 and S2 for the 3rd time with my wife. Incredibly good show, brilliant writing, performances, score. It's the story of a family heading a multi-billion dollar media conglomerate, and how the patriarch mulls his next successor to the empire. Like most decisions in life, this isn't straightforward and there are hilarious bits of drama in between. 10/10 would recommend, it's available on Hotstar.

https://Youtu.be/Ut4pgRu5gHU
This IMO is one of the greatest TV shows/web series ever made and scores a perfect 10/10 from me. Not to be missed at any cost. I will probably rewatch soon.

Started watching Handmaid's tale, so far midway into season 2. Its a great watch so far even though the pace is slow. Definitely recommended.

I was wrong about Schitt's creek - it does take some time to ramp up but once into top gear, it's such a rollicking experience. We are addicted to it, right now in Season 5. Would rate it - 8.5/10

Peaky Blinders - Though I am a huge fan of Godfather, I found this series to be just okay or rather a typical crime/gangster stuff. watched 2 seasons and then stopped.

Also watched TVF aspirants. It's a good one particularly considering that it's free on youtube. However, I think it is overhyped and gets into preachy mode pretty often. I somehow feel their previous series TVF pitchers was much better. If you haven't watched it yet, would definitely recommend it.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 14:31   #3688
snr
BHPian

We recently watched 'The Serpent' on Netflix. Very well made series. Period correct details add to the amazing viewing experience. Just got very annoyed with recalls back and forth So many recalls that we had to keep track of what was happening and when!
Old 16th May 2021, 16:00   #3689
Distinguished - BHPian

Star Wars: The Bad Batch: 3.5 / 5

You have to give it to Disney how to milk the big brands they have in their arsenal. The Marvel series are already a big hit and now here's another animated series on the Star Wars storyline. This is a ongoing season on a bunch of unique squad of experimental clones that are very different and each skilled in a very particular area, as compared to the average clone in the Star Wars universe. The series is setup around the time 'Order 66' was deployed across the Galactic Republic army.

It's an interesting angle to the whole Star Wars storyline without much of an impact to the overall storyline. Only 4 episodes are out yet, so it'll be interesting how they connect it to the big picture. A good watch overall so far.

ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 16:16   #3690
BHPian

Any suggestion for series for 10 year old boys?

Also any suggestion for travel shows which kids too can enjoy?

I have Prime and Hotstar. But don't mind subscribing to something else the suggestions are good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks