Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 04:05   #3616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Finished watching The Serpent. I found it very intriguing and special mention to the cinematography. 1970's and 80's has been captured brilliantly. It is a good watch for people interested in real life crime dramas.
Agree. Excellent real life story about Charles Sobhraj. It really dwelled into how he led his life and tricked and killed his victims

Actor who played him looked a bit like Bruce Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Damages is a good one but the best legal show I have seen is The Practice. Do watch it if you haven't.
I'm a big big fan of "The Practice" and would like to watch the entire series yet again. Which platform is it available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Show - The stranger

Platform- Netflix

Rating 4 /5

Binged watched the 8 episodes. Based on the book by same name by Harlan Coben. A good mystery thriller. Worth a watch
This was truly engrossing. I'm a fan of British series and if you liked "The Stranger" then check these out too

Broadchurch (One of the best brit thrillers I have seen)
The Bodyguard

Would love any recommendations on British content

Just finished watching a movie "The Outpost" it is on Netflix and is based on a true story of how Americans were trapped in a war in Afghanistan when 300+ Talibans cornered 53 Americans in Oct 2009

Two of those soliders were awarded Medal of Honor by then President Barack Obama

Not the best of the war films (My favorite was Hurt Locker) but, quite watchable

3/5
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 10:07   #3617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
CB strike is available on Hotstar and is a detective series set in London. The lead actors bring a lot of depth to their characters.

As a series, what I found refreshing was the lack of gore and adult content that we have been so accustomed to in most Netflix series.
I agree with the high rating for this series, even I enjoyed it. But it is not without gore; the crimes in series 1 progressively become more grotesque. We watched series 1 as a family, but dropped it for exactly this reason. Now, we watch Agatha Christie's Poirot on Sony LIV instead.
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:03   #3618
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Damages is a good one but the best legal show I have seen is The Practice. Do watch it if you haven't.
On which platform are both the shows available? I absolutely love legal shows.
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:23   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Finished watching The Serpent. I found it very intriguing and special mention to the cinematography. 1970's and 80's has been captured brilliantly. It is a good watch for people interested in real life crime dramas.

My rating 4.5/5
Absolutely loved the show. It was brilliantly made and the actor, Tahir Rahim, who played Charles Sobhraj, was fantastic in this series. He was in The Looming Tower too (a show on 9/11) and was pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Just finished watching a movie "The Outpost" it is on Netflix and is based on a true story of how Americans were trapped in a war in Afghanistan when 300+ Talibans cornered 53 Americans in Oct 2009
Hi, thanks for this recommendation, but I am unable to find it on Netflix.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 13:44   #3620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
On which platform are both the shows available? I absolutely love legal shows.
Unfortunately not available on any streaming platform.

Check out Invincible on Prime video. It's an amazing show with so many good twists.

Also, if anyone likes Korean shows then I will highly recommend Vincenzo on Netflix.

Last edited by harry10 : 22nd April 2021 at 13:46.
Old 22nd April 2021, 14:46   #3621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I hope you didn't miss the song at the end.
The song so well summarizes our current situation esp. in the gloomy covid time where no amount of 'maya' or 'abhimaan' can help us. Magical lyrics by the group Neeraj Arya's Kabir Café.

Last edited by ShankarG : 22nd April 2021 at 14:46. Reason: typo
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 20:36   #3622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi, thanks for this recommendation, but I am unable to find it on Netflix.
I'm not sure if it's only available for US geo as it's available here in US

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3833480/
Old 27th April 2021, 02:10   #3623
BHPian

Lilyhammer

Wiki says "Lilyhammer is a Norwegian–American television series starring Steven Van Zandt about a former New York-based gangster named Frank "The Fixer" Tagliano trying to start a new life in isolated Lillehammer, Norway. "

I watched all the 3 seasons few years ago. I didn't see it being mentioned here on team-bhp. According to me it is a wonderful cross-cultural mafia-sque quirky dramedy. When you put a loud mouthed American gangster in a quaint little norwegian small town, the result is a pefect premise for never before seen fun.
carthick1000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 20:17   #3624
BHPian

Totally agree. Very funny, very quirky show. Bonus points for hinting at being a spinoff of The Sopranos where Van Zandt plays Sil. I think I watched the series twice. It was that good.
Old 27th April 2021, 22:47   #3625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Lilyhammer

I watched all the 3 seasons few years ago. I didn't see it being mentioned here on team-bhp. According to me it is a wonderful cross-cultural mafia-sque quirky dramedy. When you put a loud mouthed American gangster in a quaint little norwegian small town, the result is a pefect premise for never before seen fun.
Saw this a long time ago, it was quit hilarious. Pokes fun at the conservative Norwegian life as well as the brash American humour
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 23:33   #3626
BHPian

Flight of the Chonchords

Just finished bingeing it 7th or 8th time over the last decade and half. It's a funny story of two simpleton Kiwis exploring their musical career in New York. Also, love their songs. The impromptu lyrics make it so hilarious. Really wish I can watch them perform live. Watch it on Hotstar.
Old 29th April 2021, 07:08   #3627
BHPian

If you guys want some comedy, watch Ramy on Amazon Prime. It's a story of a Muslim with Egyptian background in America starring American Stand Up Comedian Ramy Youssef. I watched a few episodes while my cousin watches it daily.
Old 1st May 2021, 10:19   #3628
Team-BHP Support

Watched Mare of Easttown last night.

It is a drama miniseries, and only two episodes are out as of now. Engaging series, with Kate Winslet in the lead. A similar plot: murder mystery set in a small town, quite like Broadchurch and its American remake, Gracepoint (highly recommend these as well).

4/5 so far.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 21:10   #3629
BHPian

Watched the The Morning Show on Apple TV. It stars Jennifer Aniston and is based on a Media giant which tries to get it’s house in order after its star host is accused of multiple sexual assaults. It is a good watch, kept me engaged for ten episodes, would definitely recommend it.
I would rate it 4/5.

sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 23:37   #3630
snr
BHPian

We really loved Dynasty on Netflix, but got too predictable after the first few episodes. The actors have done a great job, but storyline is not up to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks