Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2021, 02:41   #3631
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Anybody follows TVF here? Watched a new series ‘Aspirants’ on their YouTube channel . Pretty good acting by all the characters. Lead character is Naveen Kasturia. Shows the life of an IAS aspirant in Rajendarnagar(UPSC prep hub). Its kinda similar to ‘Kota Factory’ which was about IIT aspirants.

Finale releases this Wednesday I think. Liked it so far. Would rate it 4/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 3rd May 2021 at 02:52.
SoumenD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:59   #3632
Senior - BHPian

Watched Serpent. I still remember his escape from jail and him getting caught in Goa from my childhood days.
Had not known about his whereabouts now and his stupidity of going back to Nepal ! He deserves it.

Came across the same in CNN
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/13/a...dst/index.html
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 16:54   #3633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Anybody follows TVF here? Watched a new series ‘Aspirants’ on their YouTube channel . Pretty good acting by all the characters. Lead character is Naveen Kasturia. Shows the life of an IAS aspirant in Rajendarnagar(UPSC prep hub). Its kinda similar to ‘Kota Factory’ which was about IIT aspirants.

I am big fan of TVF since pitcher day's. Started watching Aspirant's yesterday and thoroughly enjoying it.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 17:10   #3634
Distinguished - BHPian

Next
Hotstar

Its a scenario where Skynet is coming into being, but without any Connors or Machines.
Its just a masala show, the plot is predictable, but engaging. Good for having it run while you crush those excels.

4/5
Old 3rd May 2021, 18:16   #3635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

TVF Aspirants, like many other series from TVF, is also very good. These are simple stories and subjects but they (TVF) give a beautiful treatment and you end up liking it. All the characters have played their parts well. Waiting for the finale episode.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 16:02   #3636
Senior - BHPian

IPL is gone so back to streaming stuff.

Watched 'The Innocent' on Netflix. Very good limited series about the redemption of a guy who accidentally makes a mistake and how it changes his whole life. It's a suspense story with good twists and turns with a satisfying ending.
Rating- 8/10
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 17:08   #3637
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Ray Donovan' on Prime. This is a family drama, the story revolves around the central character who fixes problems for the rich & the famous in LA. Overall an okayish above average show. Watched only till Season 4, heard it gets worse as the seasons progress.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 19:31   #3638
Senior - BHPian

Handmaid's Tale Season 3 has arrived on Prime.
Got exited and started it couple of days back, only to get disappointed yesterday to notice only 3 episodes were released. I always wait for all the episodes to air before starting the season, and somehow overlooked this important bit this time.

Those who haven't watched this, may start with the first season and by the time they reach season 3, all episodes would have aired.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 19:34   #3639
BHPian

Breeders (Hotstar) - Show about a couple and their two kids going on with their lives. Brilliant performances by all and you feel for the characters. There were several incidences which I could relate to and I am sure most of us will.

The show has a bit of a dark comedy touch to it. One show to which I can relate this in terms of genre - Schitt's Creek. Although Schitt's Creek's premise was a bit outlandish, here, it is more grounded in reality.

Must Watch.
Old 5th May 2021, 06:06   #3640
Distinguished - BHPian

"Fatma"

Started this brand new 6-episode Turkish series on Netflix and was completely engrossed with high quality of production, gripping story and a unique storyline

Story in gist is about a cleaning woman who goes on a killing rampage to find her missing husband and almost becomes like a serial killer due to circumstances she goes through

Completed 5 episode and need to finish the last one. This series has received rave reviews for the unique storyline and good acting by entire starkest

4/5
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 10:50   #3641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

Check out Invincible on Prime video. It's an amazing show with so many good twists.
Completed watching Invincible. I loved it. Thanks for the recommendation !
Eagerly waiting for the next season
Old 5th May 2021, 11:08   #3642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Finished watching The Serpent. I found it very intriguing and special mention to the cinematography. 1970's and 80's has been captured brilliantly. It is a good watch for people interested in real life crime dramas.

My rating 4.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Watched Serpent. I still remember his escape from jail and him getting caught in Goa from my childhood days.
Had not known about his whereabouts now and his stupidity of going back to Nepal ! He deserves it.
Thank you for the recommendation guys! Wrapped up The Serpent and it was a good watch. I'd rate it 4/5.

Just 8 episodes, with each about 50-55 minutes run time. I loved how they captured the actual sequences which we've seen through the photographs and newspapers accurately. And to know that despite the crimes he has committed including all the murders, he's happily living his last days in Nepal really intrigues me. Felt terrible for all those hippies who lost their lives at the hands of this guy and his partners. And what really amazed me was, during those days (late '70s) it was so easy to forge a passport! And with just fax/telex, landline and no email and no mobile connectivity, it was so damn hard to relay the message to people situated far away.

Cheers to Mr. Knippenberg for pursuing his trail so actively!

And looks like I am the only guy here following The Walking Dead! I am yet to catch up on the mid-season finale S10E22. The show has really gone down. Used to be really good at one point.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 11:52   #3643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Handmaid's Tale Season 3 has arrived on Prime.
Got exited and started it couple of days back, only to get disappointed yesterday to notice only 3 episodes were released. I always wait for all the episodes to air before starting the season, and somehow overlooked this important bit this time.

Those who haven't watched this, may start with the first season and by the time they reach season 3, all episodes would have aired.
Correction - it is season 4.
Handmaid's tale is amazing. Although the two books were much more intense and captivating (it is always like that ). I hope they conclude the story in this season and not go for an overkill with season 5.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 12:19   #3644
Senior - BHPian

From the producers of FAUDA a new action thriller series HIT AND RUN is coming soon to Netflix.

Starring Lior Raz aka Doron Kavillio.

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 13:14   #3645
BHPian

If you like something offbeat, foreign (Japanese):
Izakaya Bottakuri is about a cosy pub with regulars, interesting but seems full of ads and the stories seem to be built around pushing liquor brands with some stories to fill the space between ads. 2.5/5 Enjoyable, but nothing great.

Midnight Diner is similar, but deeper. Well deserved 8+/10 rating on IMDB. 4/5

Offspring is funny and enjoyable, its about a doctor and her messed up family. 4/5

"Nina Proudman was unlike any other leading lady on Australian TV — distracted, overwhelmed, possibly psychotic."
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-ib.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-off.png  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot-5_6_21-12_52_44-pm.png  

Most Viewed