Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:46   #3526
BHPian

Binged both seasons of Gullak this Sunday on SonyLiv. Amazing writing and performance. And I got to see my home on it (it's shot in Bhopal) which I haven't been able to visit during lockdown. 😂
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:53   #3527
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

A nostalgia for people from the eighties and nineties - WAAGLE KI DUNIYA is coming back on Sony with all new stories. Anjan Srivastava and Bharati Achrekar are reprising their roles with some credible supporting cast. Will look forward
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:50   #3528
Senior - BHPian

Metro Park Season 2 (12 episodes total). An Eros Now production.

It is available on Airtel Xstream. Have seen 8 episodes so far.

A decent one time watch. Relaxing, stress free watch with light comedy about a Gujarati family. I have previously seen the pilot of season 1 on Youtube.

I’d rate it 3.5/5.
Old 4th February 2021, 17:21   #3529
BHPian

Watched House of Saddam, available on Hotstar. It’s a 2008 mini series with just 4 episodes of one hour each. The depiction of Saddam’s life and his family is decent enough for a one time watch.
IMDB has a decent 7.5 rating for the show.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0936453/
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:14   #3530
BHPian

I was trawling the TV shows a couple of days ago, and came across a wonderful documentary on the Indian Air Force. It is called "Extreme Flight - The Indian Air Force" and is available on Disney Hotstar.

Photography by Nat Geographic, of the Leh/Ladakh landscapes and the airplanes is magnificent.

Commentary by Kabir Bedi, in his rich baritone, soothes one in to a mellow mood.

Do watch. You will want to doff your hat to the IAF women and men at the end.
Bomi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 19:47   #3531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Anyone else feel the same? I was going through the shows I've watched and found that the "stickiness" of Hindi shows was far more than that of English. Except for "Narcos" on Netflix, I found that most English shows lose steam or the plot after a while.

I've completed every Hindi show I started (and watched 3+ episodes of), but my English list is a graveyard...I haven't watched any of them till the end.
Hmm, that seems true. I keep surfing to find shows that I can binge watch, like the below made me do

Deutscheland 83
Peaky Blinders
Fargo
Fauda
Fringe
The Night Manager

Well, two of the above are not English ones. And all are pretty dated! So time I gave up?
DaiusPitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 20:11   #3532
Team-BHP Support

I completed Panchayat yesterday - 4.5/5

A light-hearted, comedy serial with each episode focusing on some random subject at a panchayat in a rural village in UP, India and how the lead protagonist - an engineering graduate and an IIM aspirant (you’ll have some dude in your circle like him - guaranteed!), who’s posted as the secretary of the panchayat, deals with them.

Please watch. There are only 8 episodes and each are barely half an hour long. It is airing on Prime. You’ll love this.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 20:28   #3533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Peaky Blinders
Fargo
Peaky and Fargo are two of my favorite shows of recent times although fourth season of Fargo lost me. Now eagerly waiting for last season of Peaky, having rewatched all previous seasons three times 😁
Old 5th February 2021, 20:39   #3534
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
A nostalgia for people from the eighties and nineties - WAAGLE KI DUNIYA is coming back on Sony with all new stories. Anjan Srivastava and Bharati Achrekar are reprising their roles with some credible supporting cast. Will look forward
It'll be a miracle if it's able to recreate the original magic. Times have changed.

Having fond but very hazy memories of the original, I would definitely give it a shot.

How much I want to watch "Qile Ka Rahasya" with my daughter. If anyone finds it, please let me know.
Old 5th February 2021, 23:27   #3535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
It'll be a miracle if it's able to recreate the original magic. Times have changed.

Having fond but very hazy memories of the original, I would definitely give it a shot.

How much I want to watch "Qile Ka Rahasya" with my daughter. If anyone finds it, please let me know.
Yes, the times have definitely changed but basic human values haven’t although its true that I have difficulty in recognising the society these days.

I don’t know about the miracle part but I sincerely believe and would hope that the new series puts simple happiness back into limelight. Supporting cast looks good and the trailers look good too. Fingers crossed

By the way, never heard of this series that you mentioned though. Will look up Google.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 5th February 2021 at 23:29.
Old 5th February 2021, 23:35   #3536
BHPian

Watched the first 5 episodes of Wanda vision today and I would give it a 4/5 till now. The first two episodes were very un"marvel"lous , but the last three episodes have been amazing and I can't wait for the direction they take from here.
aansh singhania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 08:44   #3537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
Watched the first 5 episodes of Wanda vision today and I would give it a 4/5 till now. The first two episodes were very un"marvel"lous , but the last three episodes have been amazing and I can't wait for the direction they take from here.
Checked out Wanda vision after reading a review here. Told my son and wife that it's part of Avengers and made them sit with me. Struggled to get through 2 episodes and all lost interest somewhere in between the 2nd. There was nothing "Avengers" about it. Left everyone disappointed.
Old 6th February 2021, 08:51   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Checked out Wanda vision after reading a review here. Told my son and wife that it's part of Avengers and made them sit with me. Struggled to get through 2 episodes and all lost interest somewhere in between the 2nd. There was nothing "Avengers" about it. Left everyone disappointed.
Yes , that's exactly how the show is. The first two episodes are very heavy on the sitcom style but it's much better from the fourth episode since they finally explain the whole thing and also some characters from the Marvel universe return. I hope you give it one more try.
aansh singhania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 11:00   #3539
Senior - BHPian

Anyone watching Prodigal son?
If you aren't give it a try.
Season 1 had a terrific ending and season 2 first few episodes are quite good.
Michael sheen is absolutely fantastic in his role as The Surgeon.

Its a little on a dark heavy side as it's a story about a serial killer.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 17:28   #3540
Distinguished - BHPian

I have started watching a lot of true crime documentaries and one of the best so far is Night Stalker based on the hunt for the eponymous serial killer, rapist and kidnapper from Los Angeles in 1985. It's a limited series and makes for extremely breezy viewing, though some may find it dark and disturbing. The role of the media and the general public is also well-highlighted in addition to the stellar efforts of the investigation team that chased and caught the criminal. Would rate it 8/10: the quality of footage and the supplementary interviews is superb.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed