Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2020, 20:26   #3421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Any recommendations on Amazon prime or hotstar?

Currently watching an old series ‘Prison break’ . First two seasons were interesting but season 3 onwards its drag. Lost interest
Hotstar has, almost the entire HBO originals content. You will find many binge worthy series there. I am currently watching The Undoing staring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant on Hotstar. If you haven’t watched Chernobyl yet then that is one series that I recommended everyone should watch.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 10:42   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Watched "ZeroZeroZero" an amazon original based on a novel by the same name. Gave a lot of hitherto unknown information on the cocaine route, Italian mafia family. Delves into the corruptness of so called developed nations and honesty of underdeveloped nations as well.

The story starts in US takes you around the world to Italy, Mexico, Senegal and many other countries.

A gripping story, fantastic cinematography and natural scenery makes it a must watch. I recommend this to any one who is interested in crime/suspense genre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
You beat me to it. I wanted to update this thread once I complete all the episodes as I just finished 3 till now. Amazing acting and photography ! Sad that there is only one season now. Hope there will be more.
I do not find the series on Amazon Prime. Seems they have removed it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 11th December 2020, 10:58   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I do not find the series on Amazon Prime. Seems they have removed it. Thanks for the recommendation.
I see that it is still available for me. Please note that zerozerozero is a single word if you are searching for it. Its listed under Amazon originals for me.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 11:00   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Any recommendations on Amazon prime or hotstar?

Currently watching an old series ‘Prison break’ . First two seasons were interesting but season 3 onwards its drag. Lost interest
I would recommend "Homeland" on Hotstar. All the 8 seasons are pretty gripping. If you are looking for something shorter then "Jack Ryan" on Prime Video is also good. There are only 2 seasons.

Outside these two OTT platforms, "FAUDA" on Netflix is awesome show. Though it is available in English, there is fair bit usage of Hebrew and Arabic languages. It will take you couple of episodes to get used to and then it is really engrossing.
gloriole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 11:45   #3425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Hotstar has, almost the entire HBO originals content. You will find many binge worthy series there. I am currently watching The Undoing staring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant on Hotstar. If you haven’t watched Chernobyl yet then that is one series that I recommended everyone should watch.
Chernobyl I have already seen. Was great
Will check out The Undoing. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriole View Post
I would recommend "Homeland" on Hotstar. All the 8 seasons are pretty gripping. If you are looking for something shorter then "Jack Ryan" on Prime Video is also good. There are only 2 seasons.
Jack Ryan I finished as it was released. 1st season was great , 2nd I found okayish.

Will check out homeland. Thanks for the recommendation
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 12:08   #3426
BHPian

Watched "The Looming tower" on Prime. The miniseries is based upon the book with same name and the story is about the rivalry between CIA and FBI and ended up in 9/11 tragedy.
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 19:16   #3427
Distinguished - BHPian

Schitt's Creek - Rating - 5/5
Daniel and Eugene Levy have created a masterpiece of a show that is almost perfect in its execution. Misfortune, drama, light comedy, satire, romance, love, empathy and most important of all Joy! Joy as an emotion is so rarely expressed, explored and mastered on streaming shows, but Schitt's creek manages to pull it off with aplomb.

There are very few shows out there that deal with this wide range of emotions and succesfuly manage to enthrall the audience. The best is the attention to detail that has gone into charecter development and costumes. At times you feel its the costumes and pagentry that is the real star of this show.

Starts off slow in the first season but trust me, at the end of the 6th, you will be standing up and cheering!
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 20:18   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Schitt's Creek - Rating - 5/5
I completely and absolutely agree with your rating and every word that you wrote. Me and my wife both loved watching this show.

Every character's display of emotions are so intense, that we sometimes watch the same scene repeatedly. Their strange but funny expressions have now become my favourite GIFs in chats.
neelkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 11:58   #3429

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Finished watching till episode 3 of Fargo Season 4. And I've lost interest! Season 1 & 2 were the best.
Agree. I bailed out of Season 3 episode 1 itself!
udaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 12:03   #3430

Those with access to Hotstar premium: I recommend the HBO miniseries "Big Little Lies". Two seasons, seven episodes apiece. So good for a binge weekend. The plot is about five gorgeous Monterey women and their families, a murder and its aftermaths. Absorbing.
udaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 21:21   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaji View Post
Agree. I bailed out of Season 3 episode 1 itself!
I completed all 4 seasons. 1st season with glee, 2nd with much joy too. But the 3rd and 4th were drags.
Old 16th December 2020, 00:56   #3432
Team-BHP Support

High Seas

It's a Spanish whodunnit, dubbed in English. Very engrossing and well made. 4/5 stars for Season 1, which I am just about to finish.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 10:20   #3433
Distinguished - BHPian

For fans of Science fiction shows, the season 5 of the Expanse is now streaming on Amazon prime (first episode released today).
I really liked the previous four seasons of Expanse and am looking forward to this one too!
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 10:54   #3434
BHPian

Watched Blindspot on Prime, will give it 3.5/5. It has its highs and lows however if one is interested in FBI stuff this is it.

Watching Blacklist on Netflix and must say it is awesome. Giving it 4.5/5
Old 16th December 2020, 14:37   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
For fans of Science fiction shows, the season 5 of the Expanse is now streaming on Amazon prime (first episode released today).
I really liked the previous four seasons of Expanse and am looking forward to this one too!
Thank you for sharing this important update. I have really enjoyed Expanse over the previous four seasons.

Just checked - Prime has now dropped the first three episodes of Season 5.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks