Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2020, 16:07   #3376
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Absentia - Amazon Prime - 4/5
I think this one starts off well-enough with the first season, but then it goes steadily downhill from there in latter seasons. By the third season, I was fast-forwarding many lengthy passages as I was sure nothing substantial would happen.
Old 5th November 2020, 16:41   #3377
BHPian

Occupied: 8/10
Watched Occupied last week. It's Norwegian Political drama series based on a hypothetical situation of Russians Invading Norway. I really liked how the plot evolves. It's there on Netflix and has 3 seasons. You will have to watch using subtitles though.
dean5545 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 18:02   #3378
Senior - BHPian

I was away from watching Web series for a while, I thought Mirzapur 2 would be a good one to restart.

It turned out to be an utter disappointment though. I was expecting it to be hardcore stuff while it turned out to be episode after episode of foreplay and then it abruptly ended.

I wish I could use language used in the series to convey my opinion about it but it is not worth an infraction.
BANDHAV is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 20:48   #3379
BHPian

Watched Harshad Mehta Story.
What a great and inspirational figure. And I don't support the irregularities in his style of business but then that was the norm and all his contemporaries would have done it.
It also somewhere highlights that unnecessary jealousy and envy that can lead to anyone's downfall.
Storm2.0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 10:16   #3380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
Watched Harshad Mehta Story.
What a great and inspirational figure. And I don't support the irregularities in his style of business but then that was the norm and all his contemporaries would have done it.
It also somewhere highlights that unnecessary jealousy and envy that can lead to anyone's downfall.
Scam 1992 is a very well written and articulated series. I liked it personally. Those who have atleast some knowledge of financial markets would like it even more. The lead actors including Pratik Gandhi have done a fantastic job. The scenes of Mumbai from 80s and 90s will make you feel nostalgic.

While no way I support the misuse / misconduct by Harshad Mehta, it also through open the loopholes in our banking and financial systems which were exploited by many.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 10:41   #3381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Occupied: 8/10
Watched Occupied last week. It's Norwegian Political drama series based on a hypothetical situation of Russians Invading Norway. I really liked how the plot evolves. It's there on Netflix and has 3 seasons. You will have to watch using subtitles though.
Thanks...added to watchlist.

Am fast becoming a big fan of Scandinavian series. Currently watching S1 of Bordertown which deals with a team of detectives solving major crimes in a small Finnish town near the Russian border. It's a bit clumsy in its attempts at being noir, to be honest, but I'm being indulgent since the later seasons are supposedly much better. And each individual crime is restricted to 2-3 episodes which is a relief since these days the trend is to stretch a single story thin across a whole season!

I tried Hinterland which is a similar genre based in Wales but it left me cold somehow.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 11:56   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Thanks...added to watchlist.

Am fast becoming a big fan of Scandinavian series. Currently watching S1 of Bordertown which deals with a team of detectives solving major crimes in a small Finnish town near the Russian border. It's a bit clumsy in its attempts at being noir, to be honest, but I'm being indulgent since the later seasons are supposedly much better. And each individual crime is restricted to 2-3 episodes which is a relief since these days the trend is to stretch a single story thin across a whole season!
Even I have started liking the Scandinavian series. They are a bit different. Thanks for pointing out Bordertown, I'll have a look at it. I'm sure you must have watched The Valhalla Murders and Ragnarok too. Both are just a single season each. I don't know whether you will like Ragnarok though because it's based a bit on Norse Mythology in present day.
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 21:55   #3383
BHPian

Doctor X Surgeon Michiko Daimon Japanese Series with Subs on Netflix

A highly rated Japanese series with the usual trope - a Brilliant, Talented freelancing Surgeon who is a Misanthrope and performs complicated surgeries by her brilliant deductions. Her relationship with fellow tenured Surgeons, the bosses, her agency boss. All make for a very funny viewing experience.
If you have been a fan of House MD, this is a series you will love.

Doc Martin on Netflix

This is another medical series, again on Netflix.
Here is an acclaimed Surgeon who develops hemophobia or Blood phobia and has to move from his successful career as a surgeon in London to become a GP in a sleepy English Village.
This is typical British droll humour - not many may like it.
Do watch it for the country side, the side characters and the great plotlines.
Ithaca is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 21:13   #3384
Team-BHP Support

Watching Harshad mehta scam on Sony Liv and through 4 odd episodes. Quick question. I am watching this on an iPad and out of the blue the app has started crashing within seconds of opening it. Has anyone faced this or figured out how to resolve this? I've restarted the app, restarted the iPad too but neither has worked. Thanks.
Old 9th November 2020, 10:04   #3385
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. I was tearing my hair trying to use this app on iPad. Watched it on a PC next, watched it, then unsubscribed to the channel. I believe the app is going to be re-done by another firm(As per an insider)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Watching Harshad mehta scam on Sony Liv and through 4 odd episodes. Quick question. I am watching this on an iPad and out of the blue the app has started crashing within seconds of opening it. Has anyone faced this or figured out how to resolve this? I've restarted the app, restarted the iPad too but neither has worked. Thanks.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 23:24   #3386
BHPian

Watched the Scam 1992 series based on Harshad Mehta. And damn, I must say it is such an exceptional piece of cinema and story telling. Such an interesting and exciting plot. Would really recommend it to anyone who wants to try something new.
chiefpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 12:05   #3387
BHPian

Streaming shows will now be under I&B ministry.

Quote:
The government has issued an order bringing online news portals and content providers such as Netflix under the Information and Broadcasting ministry.
Quote:
OTT platforms include news portals and also streaming services such as Hotstar, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, which are accessible over the internet or ride on an operator's network.

OTT/Streaming and different digital media platforms have surely given a way out for film makers and artists to release their content without being worried about getting clearance certificates for their films and series from the censor board, the petition said.
Link
Old 11th November 2020, 12:07   #3388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I believe the app is going to be re-done by another firm(As per an insider)
Any timelines on this? It is going to be a pain watching the Ind-Aus series on this app - it has a horrible user experience.
Old 11th November 2020, 12:55   #3389
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Streaming shows will now be under I&B ministry.
No more nudity on Netflix then
Old 11th November 2020, 13:27   #3390
Senior - BHPian

My friend is with TCS, the new incumbent on the job. I'm not sure when they will put it out, sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Any timelines on this? It is going to be a pain watching the Ind-Aus series on this app - it has a horrible user experience.

Most Viewed