Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2022, 22:26   #4276
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched The Wire on Hotstar. Took me a long time to finish the entire 5 seasons. The show deals with Baltimore city & its shown through the perspective of law enforcement and drug dealers. It has a lot of interesting characters along with various side stories. I wouldn't exactly call it a gripping fast pace show but its one hell of a show! Great acting, even better direction, don't miss this show if you have the time.
I believe The Wire is the pinnacle of crime shows. There are so many highly rated shows who borrowed so many things from Wire. If anyone likes crime shows The Wire shouldn't be missed for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post

Rudra Disney Hotstar

Ajay Devgan forays into the OTT space and makes a good entry. Consisting of 6 episodes and each consisting of separate murder mystery’s, it’s the opening episode which is a bummer and the protagonist of episode one carries through to the end of series which is baffling. Performances are good and all are watchable except may be Esha Deol. Some stories are too simplistic in nature . Maker’s could have remade Byomkesh Bakshi stories and they would made bigger impact !!

Rating: 2.5/5
It's based on Luther which is one show I highly recommend. Idris Elba was fantastic in it. However, after watching just the 1st episode of Rudra i am not impressed. I like Ajay Devgan but off late he has become typecast in such roles and similar kind of acting. I expected much better from him and the makers of this show considering the show they are adapting from.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 09:30   #4277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The Fame Game: 1.5 / 5

How do you expand a 3 hour Bollywood movie into a multi-season multi-episode show? Throw in numerous / unnecessary side tracks, throw in numerous flashbacks in each and every episode and bring in twists that logically don't make sense and then have to be further detailed out to support that twist.

That's the mess the Fame Game is currently. Madhuri Dixit (like her character in the shows) is practically holding up the entire season on her own. There are some good character plays between the main inspector and her sub, but otherwise this series drags like anything.

Give it a miss. Else you'll be extremely disappointed by you get to the end (it does start out great initially).

I wholeheartedly agree with this review. Practically the only thing holding this together is Madhuri, and the opulence on display. Make no mistake, it started well.. but then drags so much, it's torture.

We did complete it though, just to get it done with.
Old 8th March 2022, 10:44   #4278
Distinguished - BHPian

Fame Game: 2.5/5 As mentioned by others, held together by Madhuri Dixit and watchable for her. Drags quite a bit with some good portions popping up occasionally. So the trick is to forward your way through half of it.

Rocket Boys on Sony Liv: 3/5 Story of Dr Homi Baba and Dr Vikram Sarabai. A good watch, but an 8 episode series seems to be too short to cover ~30 years of the life of 2 of India's pioneer scientists. Also there is a lot of focus on their inter-personal relationships and personal lives. So the big events like the launch of TIFR, the Indian Space Program, the first atomic reactor demonstration, come and go quickly.

Still would recommend it strongly as it does give a nice insight to these 2 greats and their dreams and achievements.
Old 8th March 2022, 10:49   #4279
Team-BHP Support

Agree with all the reviews on "The Fame Game" here. 2 stars for me.

We started watching only for Madhuri and although all actors have done very well, the direction, screenplay, pace etc was below average. Finished it only because we wanted to see how it ended.

Not holding my breadth for S2, although I am sure we will watch it if and when it comes
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 17:47   #4280
Senior - BHPian

Any opinions on Vikings Valhalla? Do I need to watch previous Vikings?
Old 9th March 2022, 18:24   #4281
Senior - BHPian

After watching All of us are dead and kingdom, the wife and i decided to watch Hellbound. Big mistake. Both of us slept off midway through the first episode

Trying Sweet Home next. Hopefully that's better.
Old 9th March 2022, 20:57   #4282
BHPian

Finished watching Inventing Anna, I liked it, some great acting there.
Started the Marvelous Mrs. Massel season 4 in Prime. I absolutely love that show.
Also started Parts of Her on Netflix.
Old 11th March 2022, 10:49   #4283
Senior - BHPian

The final season of Better Call Saul premieres April 18 on AMC and AMC+.

Season 6 trailer

Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 14:52   #4284
Senior - BHPian

Started watching Rudra...The show is based on Luther which is a good show. Not best in the world but quite riveting. Unfortunately, Rudra gets no redeeming quality of the original show.

The director has put in lot efforts to make the show look and feel all shiny hollywood style, if only he diverted some of that effort into making it relevant to Indian conditions. But alas. You feel no connection to any character including that of main protagonist played by dead pan Ajai Devgan. He has mastered that art of looking eternally sad and it comes in handy here. And then there are his minions, err colleagues who keep feeling awed by him and repeat the same dialogue "But Rudra where is the evidence???" including the lady boss of his has. She has some of the most idiotic dialogues otherwise too.

Watch it at your own risk. If you miss it, no big deal. Nothing of value will be missed. Oh and it is not a family drama at all - I must mention that because they ran a full page ad in local newspaper here portraying Rudra as some hero policeman who solves criminal cases. I mean he does solve cases but the the crimes are not your run of the mill Dabangg style ones.
Old 14th March 2022, 20:31   #4285
Distinguished - BHPian

F1 Drive to Survive (Season 4) : 3.5 / 5

How do you improve something that's been increasingly getting better and better over the last 3 seasons?
Nothing. You just benefit from the best year that F1 has seen in over two decades (if not longer).

Netflix hit gold in Season 4, even without doing anything much from their end. Controversies in the middle teams (Renault, Ferrari, etc), teams playing dancing chairs with their driver agreements, championship wins that went down literally to the last lap and so much more.

The one big negative I'd say is the overdoing of adding additional commentary over the captured videos - it's a clear giveaway for someone who's followed the actual races. But still worth a great watch.

ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 22:03   #4286
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hope you are all watching Super Pumped (on Uber). Just saw the 3rd episode on Voot and it's getting better as the story progresses.

Drive To Survive on Netflix is simply superb as well.

Both get 5 / 5 stars from me.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 07:13   #4287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Any opinions on Vikings Valhalla? Do I need to watch previous Vikings?
We have watched all the previous Vikings seasons, but somehow Vikings Valhalla failed to evoke the same sort of emotion, and we gave up soon enough.
Old 15th March 2022, 08:23   #4288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hope you are all watching Super Pumped (on Uber). Just saw the 3rd episode on Voot and it's getting better as the story progresses.
I can understand. Just finishing off the book (last few chapters) and what a story it is turning out to be! Looking forward to watch it once I get the book done.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 15:28   #4289
BHPian

Drive to Survive season 4 - 2 / 5

I am thoroughly disappointed with this season. As exciting the race season was, this series is just meh. Unnecessary drama, hyping up rivalries between two drivers which just isn't there. I get it, it'll keep the new fans glued to screen but for fans like us, what's this :
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-fb_img_1647683612246.jpg

Really come on, whoever wrote the scripts needs to be fired !
Akshay6988 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 15:46   #4290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
what's this :

Really come on, whoever wrote the scripts needs to be fired !

If you win the race that means you came first, at number 1 position ahead of everyone else.
That also means you beat every other participant in the race. Not to mention all remaining participants will be behind you since you are at number 1 position after last lap of the race there by leaving no chance for anyone else to overtake you.
You must win the race by beating everyone else and by securing first position on the pole. In short, this is the only way (to win a race): by securing first position.
amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks