Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2022, 07:56   #4141
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Just subscribed to HULU. Disney + and Hotter is part of the package.

Any top rated shows not to be missed that is streamed only on HULU and nowhere else?
The Handmaid's Tale is a good show which shows a dystopian future where USA no longer exists and has become something else. It is based on a book written in 1970s/80s.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:48   #4142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Such a compelling little mini series.
Martin freeman again plays a very understated role without any over the top outbursts. I like the fact they focused mostly on the facts as this is based on a true story and at the end of final episode we get to see the real characters involved. Also shows how no justice system is fully correct in its procedures.
Fantastic recommendation. I finished it last night and enjoyed it every bit. The acting is top class. Had I not known that this was based on a true story, I would not have believed a lot of stuff that happened.

Really nice.

A Confession = 4 stars
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:55   #4143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Such a compelling little mini series.
Martin freeman again plays a very understated role without any over the top outbursts. I like the fact they focused mostly on the facts as this is based on a true story and at the end of final episode we get to see the real characters involved. Also shows how no justice system is fully correct in its procedures.
+1
Great recommendation.
Alongwith Aranyak, I completed this one in the cold and wet weekend at one go. Decoupled (still watching) is another good recommendation.
Old 11th January 2022, 14:00   #4144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
By the time you reach the end, I have a feeling you would have increased the rating to 5/5
A great, heartwarming show with loveable characters. Have watched it twice now and only other serial in which I can just dive in anytime is 'that 70's show' which is not available in India unfortunately.
I wholeheartedly agree with you Amol, Schitt's Creek is indeed 5/5. I finished watching it last weekend and the finale just made me shed a tear or two. So many little moments in a relationship wonderfully done by the cast, writers. I just loved how confident David becomes, and so good to see Johny having a bit of relief at last ! Will recommend this series to everyone.
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 14:04   #4145
BHPian

Also loved The Kominsky Method. Would rate 4/5. Michael Douglas is brilliant in this as usual.
Quote:
Michael Douglas plays an actor who made it big a long time ago and who now is an acting coach at his studio named after himself, "The Kominsky Method." His best friend and agent loses his wife to cancer, which leaves both of them questioning their existence as they struggle through choices and relationships, old and new.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7255502/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 02:24   #4146
Distinguished - BHPian

Stay Close (Netflix Series)

This is a series by American writer (Harlan Coben) who writes novels with similar premises of people disappearing or resurfacing with a shady past etc. Strangely, his books have America as the backdrop but, series are all made with UK as the place of happenings.

If you have seen "The Stranger" and liked it. You will love Stay Close

Richard Armitage who was in Stranger is also starring in this series. Nice actor and fantastic looking guy.

This series is mysterious, puzzling, dark, sinister and intriguing. Moreover, it's British so you get to enjoy a nice accent and bloody amazing dress sense.

Now I plan to watch all series/movies made out of Harlan's novels.

4/5
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 00:00   #4147
BHPian

Just finished watching “Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhe” on Netflix. Predictable storyline with good star cast and impressive performances. Season 2 looks even more promising.
gloriole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 00:13   #4148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriole View Post
Just finished watching “Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhe” on Netflix. Predictable storyline with good star cast and impressive performances. Season 2 looks even more promising.
Started watching this evening and I’m on a binge mode! On the 5th episode. Been going well so far. Honestly, I started this purely because of Saurabh Shukla but his screen time appears to be very limited. And the Undekhi dude gets on my nerves every time I see him on screen.

I hear Dexter New Blood was a good season.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 00:39   #4149
Distinguished - BHPian

Human Disney Hotstar

What started as an interesting and intriguing story with some wonderful star cast became a series horribly gone wrong. I started watching the series after looking at the cast comprising of Shefali Shah, Ram Kapoor, Kriti Kulhari, Aditya Srivastava and Mohan Agashe among others and that the series came from Vipul Shah. The story is about human drug trials but somewhere it ends up going nowhere and becomes a revenge saga. The writer’s started well but then forgot where to go with the story !! One word- avoid.

Rating: 1/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 01:24   #4150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Honestly, I started this purely because of Saurabh Shukla but his screen time appears to be very limited.
Even I started watching it because of Saurabh Shukla and Shweta Tripathi. It is indeed true that both have limited screen time at least in Season 1, however they do justice to given opportunities. Having said this, the leads Tahir Bhasin and Anchal Singh are also very impressive. The 8 episode series is quite intriguing.
gloriole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 13:40   #4151
Senior - BHPian

After Life has dropped on Netflix and it is quite possibly one of the best shows I have ever watched

I have seen 5 episodes of the first season and it makes you laugh and emotional at the same time. No wonder it has won golden globes.

If you are a fan of simple story lines with dark british humor thrown in you will love it

Finished Yellowstone and it is simply one of the best series ever made.

Waiting now for Season 4 of Ozark
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 15:06   #4152
BHPian

Watching Cubicles Season2 on Sony Liv. The first instalment was enjoyable and so can I say for the second instalment as well. As the name suggests it is a show on the employees of a software company.

sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 15:54   #4153
AZT
BHPian

Started watching "The Book of Boba Fett" on Hotstar and an absolute must see for any Star Wars scene. It's still ongoing so great to look forward to a new episode every week.

2 other shows I saw recently were on Apple TV. Got a 3 month free subscription and they have a surprisingly great catalogue. Anyone into Sci-fi would have heard of Isaac Asimov. Apple has made a series on his Foundation series of books which was amazing.

Another Apple show I'm in the middle of is "See". Basic premise is humanity loses its eyesight and centuries later when people have adapted, this story plays out. Great cinematography and performances. Jason Momoa of Aquaman fame is lead cast. I'm liking it till now.

There are also some Tom Hanks new originals on Apple so I'm guessing he's signed a exclusive contract with them. I wouldn't want to continue my subscription but anyone who's a big fan of shows should check out the Apple TV catalogue.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 22:43   #4154
Senior - BHPian

Very late to the party but I finally watched Sacred Games. Heard a lot about this show and comparisons to 'Mirzapur'.

Season-1 was nice but season-2 was such a drag. Nawazuddin is great but Saif Ali Khan is forgettable. I mean even without him, the show would have been equally good/bad. Rating 3/5.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 22:57   #4155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you Amol, Schitt's Creek is indeed 5/5. I finished watching it last weekend and the finale just made me shed a tear or two. So many little moments in a relationship wonderfully done by the cast, writers. I just loved how confident David becomes, and so good to see Johny having a bit of relief at last ! Will recommend this series to everyone.
I have seen a few episodes on Comedy Central on TV. I really found the moment funny where people are roasting each other and Johnny ends up in a funny mess.

I must say that it takes 3-4 episodes to connect with this series, just like “Impractical Jokers” or “Whose line is it anyway”. Once a person survives the initial “What the…” feeling and keeps viewing them for 3-4 episodes, it starts getting enjoyable.

Speaking of episodes, there is a watchable series titled “Episodes” starring Matt LeBlanc (Joey from friends) and I would rate it 3.5/5 easily. Sorry for not knowing if its there on OTT or not. I have seen only a handful of shows on my Netflix/Hotstar/Prime accounts.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks