Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2023, 11:54   #4891
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

A bit late to the party, but just started watching Peaky Blinders.

Boy, what a lovely series this is.

5 episodes down and I can't wait to watch the next and the next and the next
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 12:01   #4892
BHPian

HBO’s content coming back to India on JioCinema

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...4.cms?from=mdr
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-clipboard01.jpg  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-clipboard02.jpg  

kap04 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 12:29   #4893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Finished season 6, seems they were in a hurry to end the series, could have been a bit more gradual, the ending is also a bit odd, nevertheless still loved the series, the actors are top notch, you may notice that there is almost 0 background music in most of the episodes, towards the last series the music is added, however they do play some great tracks all throughout the series. Already wondering what to watch next, 1 episode a day was fixed for me
I think "The Americans" ending is considered pretty satisfying by many. I at least felt so. Very underrated show and needs to be seen by more people.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 17:07   #4894
BHPian

Watched below on Netflix
The Stranger
Rating 4.5/5

This is a mystry thriller based on some novel. It glues you from E1. It is paced well, doesn't bore you at any point by adding unnecessary details. You just keep on guessing how to inter-link what's happening.
I liked the direction, and cast.

Unbelievable
Rating 4.5/5

This is a tale of an investigation of a serial rapist. Very well directed and detailing is unnerving. It has disturbing scenes but I won't call it lewd or vulgar. Infact the detailing tells you how the victim is shattered for life. How unknowignly a cop writes off a geniune case only to repent later.
It takes you through a detective's tyring, little hope based journey to nab the rapist and make you laud the detectives for their amazing work. It does not go into rapists' mentality or the reasoning.

It's slow paced but I won't say boring. If all cops do their job with the same sincereity, the world will be much better place to live in.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 11:40   #4895
BHPian

Watched 'Dancing on the Grave' on Prime. A total of 4 episodes describe the mysterious disappearance of Shakereh Khaleeli. A crime investigative series about a sensational crime with interviews with investigators, lawyers, even judge and the accused.

Finished all 4 episodes in one go.

4/5
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 17:21   #4896
Team-BHP Support

The Last Thing He Told Me - Apple TV+

A mystery-thriller based on a best seller novel, about a man who suddenly goes missing, and leaves his wife and daughter to figure out why, and his past. Slightly slow paced but intriguing.

4/5
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 18:02   #4897
Senior - BHPian

Whatever be said, Ambani has hell of a business brain. The way he made Jio a household brand. Now made Jio Cinema showing IPL in 4k getting subscribers. And best part it's getting HBO and HBO max content( aside from Peacock and others). It's a masterstroke as when jio cinema goes paid a lot many people will get it for Cricket and HBO etc stuff.

I don't see anyone resubscribing to Hotstar once current subscription ends including me.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 14:02   #4898
BHPian

Saas, Bahu aur Flamingo on Disney+ Hotstar - 4 /5

Is there such a thing as First day First Show on OTT for a Webseries? That's what I seem to have done.I was just casually going through Hotstar around 11.50 PM and saw that this web series is releasing in the next 5 mins. Out of curiosity, waited till midnight and stated watching on the dot at midnight - when all episodes were made available. Completed all 8 episodes back to back by 6.30 AM, talk about an all nighter !!

In the cast - Dimple Kapadia owns her character to the fullest - in some ways reminded of how strong Sushmita's character stood out in Aarya. Lots of other good performances all around. If you are one who liked the Mirzapur / Gangs of Wasseypur kind of stories - buy your popcorn today evening. Deepak Dobriyal is fantastic too - the writers should have given him and his character more airtime to build it up, I feel. The background score is also something that stayed with me.

Word of caution: All episodes are strictly Adult - lots of everything that comes with this genre.
GJ01 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 21:53   #4899
BHPian

Kindly suggest some good shows/movies in apple tv. I have got three months free subscription of apple tv and want to utilise the same.
Old 5th May 2023, 21:59   #4900
BHPian

Black Bird
Slow Horses
Servant
Ted Lasso
Defending Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Kindly suggest some good shows/movies in apple tv. I have got three months free subscription of apple tv and want to utilise the same.
kap04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 10:07   #4901
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Kindly suggest some good shows/movies in apple tv.
Tehran
Bad Sisters
The Last Thing He Told Me
Trying
The Morning Show
Shantaram

in addition to what kap04 has mentioned.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 08:32   #4902
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunflower - Hindi

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-unflower.jpeg

This was added to my wishlist for quite sometime and wasn't really keen on watching it. Started to watch last week and got hooked onto it. Sunil was spot on in this role and we all loved watching him. Others supported him as well (Professor's wife and Iyer daughter seemed a bit meh though). It was a pretty entertaining series and never got bored. Will need to wait for Season 2 as the season 1 stopped abruptly.

Rating - 4/5 (Zee5)
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 17:10   #4903
BHPian

A spy among friends
rating 4/5
Streaming on Sony Liv
This is a mini series of 5-6 episodes I binge watched over the weekend.

Based on Macintyre's non-fiction work set during the cold war by the same name. While the book is non-fiction, the author has made it clear that he had to "choose" from different alternates, and that his choice may not be the actual truth.

The story revolves around the circumstances that led to/permitted Kim Philby's (who ironically was leading the counterint against the USSR ) flight to the Soviet Union, and the aftermath of distrust all around the intelligence services in the west.
The series does an excellent job in recreating the time & its events. While it does take some creative liberties, it remains largely true in retelling the main characters - Kim and his buddy Elliot).
The story starts off with a debriefing of Elliot after Philby's flight from Beriut, and then moves back and forth in time recreating the characters and events that culminates in Philby escaping to the USSR.

Be warned that this is not for casual viewing, the series is heavy on dialogues. The 3 characters [Nicholas Elliott (Damian Lewis), Lily Thomas (Anna Martin) as the MI5 debriefer, Kim Philby (Guy Pearce)] are simply outstanding.

Surprised that this series hasn't had the attention, it deserves. Perhaps the world has moved on from the cold war times to the gizmo driven action serials.
Name:  Screenshot 20230507 at 160110 A Spy Among Friends 2022.png
Views: 316
Size:  737.1 KB
whitewing is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 12:48   #4904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post

Unbelievable
Rating 4.5/5
What an amazing series to watch! I mean, the way they portray every scene is so realistic, and obviously, the powerful performances from Merritt and Kaitlyn, even the other cast members act so well that you will lean into the series without even looking at your watch.

For the second time, Merritt Wever was too real and amazing. She should have won an Emmy for this one.
Old 10th May 2023, 14:48   #4905
Senior - BHPian

Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan returns for his final mission on June 30
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-fvpwe7saeauylxs.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks