Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2023, 11:19   #4996

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
i'd suggest you try out Blacklist (James Spader - boston legal fame), 24 (old series with Keifer Sutherland - designated survivor), Fringe(sci-fi) and blindspot(FBI) as well.
Thank you for the suggestions. Blacklist is already in my wish list. I had watched 24 earlier, though not on OTT. Somehow Fringe was a bit much for me. NCIS is good. I will put Blindspot too in my wish list.
udaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 12:39   #4997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaji View Post
Several months back I had posted season-wise (SUBJECTIVE!) ratings of TV shows I have watched. Time to update the list, now just a little shy of 100 shows. Posted in the hope that it might be useful to prioritize shows. Attached as a png image, but can also post as pdf if desired.
Your Excel spreadsheet is very well-organized. Great job keeping track of all the shows you've watched. Personally, I use an app called Hobi to monitor my progress, and it conveniently provides a Statistics page for easily checking important information at a glance.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20230629_100531_hobi.jpg  

PJ1987 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 13:12   #4998
BHPian

I would recommend two shows that I watched recently, and was simply mesmerized by everything about them - story, acting, casting, direction, background score etc.

1. Rocket Boys, Season 1 and 2, Sony - just brilliant, nothing else to add.
2. Dahaad, Amazon Prime - excellent in every aspect.

I recommend these shows to my friends here, who are interested in some new recommendations. Of course, I am sure many of you may have already watched these.
sidoza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 13:50   #4999
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Kerala Crime Files - Malayalam

Attachment 2468698

Many found this to be just ordinary but I kind of liked it. The cinematography, BGM were all pretty good. The story is pretty ordinary and not like any crime thriller but tends to hook us up. Each episode running under 30 mins also never felt boring. All acted pretty well especially Aju but Lal was ordinary. I kind of like the attention to detail that movies/series from down south give (phones, movie posters and the hotel menu price - all matching 2011). Waiting for Season 2.

Rating - 4/5 (Disney Hotstar). Recommended.
Just wrapped up. I too liked it. Of course I watched the other language version, but I really enjoyed, appeared realistic and relatable.

Going by what I see, will watch out for season 2 whenever it comes.

In general, I am a slow watcher, watched this over 3 days, I rarely binge, had binged earlier but not now.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 14:04   #5000
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Just wrapped up. I too liked it.
The good part is, each episode is just 30 minutes including the opening and end credits. Somehow it felt as if I was binging it. Wrapped it up in 2 days and liked it too.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 18:39   #5001
BHPian

I recently watched Scoop on Netflix. This is based on true chilling events in the world of journalism. Story is well narrated and the characters have done justice to their roles. Karishma Tanna has done a commendable job as the lead. Worth watching if anybody has missed out on this. Its a bit slow to begin with, but picks up pace as the story unfolds and becomes interesting as episodes progress.
chetancm7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 21:01   #5002
BHPian

After recently watching The Office series on Comedy Central I have tried to search many comedy offerings to equal or surpass the experience but most of them get closed within the first 2 to 3 minutes. Each character in The Office series have been crafted to perfection and am yet to find anything better.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 21:11   #5003
BHPian

Watching Adrian Brody on Peaky Blinders makes you wonder its if The Godfather !
The Italian mafia has been done so perfectly by Brando, Pacino and De Niro that its difficult to imagine there will be anyone who can do it differently
Old 29th June 2023, 22:21   #5004
AZT
BHPian

Apple TV has some good shows. Currently watching Silo which is a thriller and finished Ted Lasso recently which was a lighthearted show about an American coaching a British football team. Would recommend both.

Finished Tehran (also on Apple TV) a while back and it's an excellent Israeli - Irani spy drama. The next season has Hugh Laurie signed up so the show is definitely picking up.

For a documentary, prehistoric planet is one of the best shows I have ever seen. It's a BBC production narrated by David Attenborough where every episode focuses on the life of dinosaurs. This is more "a day in the life of" compared to seeing a narrator speak. A lot of new research has come out which dispels some old myths and assumptions about dinosaurs and the the graphics here far surpass anything I've ever seen. Would highly recommend for everyone. Would be worth signing up for free Apple TV for 3 months just for these shows.
Old 29th June 2023, 22:38   #5005
BHPian

Completed 2 episodes of 'Lupin' on Netflix. French production/story. Hooked!
Old 30th June 2023, 10:46   #5006
BHPian

Watched the first episode of Great Expectations out of nostalgia since that is a book I had read as a child. It looked all fine to me until they introduced Estella.

Don't think I'd be able to bring myself to watch another episode of it. The woke epidemic is spreading like crazy and is ruining the timeless classics.

And I don't want to start on the Cleopatra controversy. Guess we have to wait for the epidemic to pass.
Old 30th June 2023, 11:18   #5007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
After recently watching The Office series on Comedy Central I have tried to search many comedy offerings to equal or surpass the experience but most of them get closed within the first 2 to 3 minutes. Each character in The Office series have been crafted to perfection and am yet to find anything better.
One of my favourite series ever. Parks and Recreation is nearly as good (made by the same team), though there is no equivalent for Dwight and Michael.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 11:22   #5008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Have you tried Arrested Development?
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 12:33   #5009
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been watching some interesting foreign language shows on Netflix of late. The steep monthly cost compels me to hunt more and more arcane stuff to watch

Barracuda Queens: (Swedish, crime/young adult/comedy)- would rate this as 8/10. A group of teenagers takes to crime to support their high-maintenance lifestyle. Based loosely on a true story, it has you rooting for the bad guys (actually girls!) and never loses its light touch. Great performances all around.

Sleeping Dog: This one is German. Very interesting premise and the plot holds up almost throughout; unfortunately the end is a bit tame. It's like they ran out of ideas for a second season (or more likely lost funding). But good performances and worth a watch. Rated 7/10.
Old 30th June 2023, 13:42   #5010
BHPian

It's a docu-series but a must-watch for all the Kanye West fans out there.
Jeen-Yuhs on Netflix.
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-jeenyuhs_akanyetrilogyact1poster.jpg
Kudos!
M_Poweredd_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks