Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2023, 03:19   #5041
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Adhura 3.5/5

Playing on Prime India.

After ages, I sat through an entire series and completed it in one single sitting. The initial 2 episodes are slow however the screenplay then, is gripping. Predictable for those who love horror, mystery and suspense genre. Not the best Indian series in the genre but commendable.

To those who have watched it, why was it named Adhura? Could have named it 'Old Boys' <in that strike through red font>

Last edited by VWAllstar : 29th July 2023 at 03:20.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 07:18   #5042
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for recommending Adhura on Prime.

Not a big horror genre fan but I liked the way this series was done. The background setup, lighting, acting everything was spot on. Only the storyline kinda felt a bit lame by the end. But never the less, don’t remember the last time I watched a hindi horror show till the end. Good watch

3/5
Old 29th July 2023, 11:09   #5043
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the recommendation. Running out of horror stuff to watch, so will give this a go Yay for subtitles
Old 29th July 2023, 11:55   #5044
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
To those who have watched it, why was it named Adhura?
From the names of the 2 main cast? Adhu from Adhiraj and Ra from Raman.

Would rate Adhura 3/5. Was an okay'ish watch for me. Glad they wrapped it up in 7 episodes. The horror elements were useless. I loved the two main characters, the flashback, their schooldays, emotions etc.

Kohhra OTOH was amazing. 4.5/5. Not as intense/dark as Pataal Lok but the investigation, sub-plots linked to the main characters, dry humour, etc. kept me glued. Great script and dialogues. Just 6 episodes and they really wrapped it up well.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 11:59   #5045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Would rate Adhura 3/5. Was an okay'ish watch for me. Glad they wrapped it up in 7 episodes. The horror elements were useless. I loved the two main characters, the flashback, their schooldays, emotions etc.
Have never gone wrong with a recommended show from TBHP, however was disappointed with Adhura, the actors were good, the location was beautiful but the horror element or story was very flimsy, at one point was hoping that it finishes soon , some of the acting by the cops or the head of school was comical to say the least, Rasika Duggal is a brilliant actress and always does well!
Old 30th July 2023, 13:02   #5046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
Le Bureau des Légendes

I'd rate it a 10 on 10.
Which platform does this stream on in India?
Couldn't find on Netflix+Prime+Hotstar
Old 30th July 2023, 15:17   #5047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Which platform does this stream on in India?
Couldn't find on Netflix+Prime+Hotstar
I watched it on DVD handed over by a friend. But I'm pretty sure it can be found online streaming platforms too via Google search.
Old 30th July 2023, 16:01   #5048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
KOHRRA Netfilx
Another brilliant Punjabi series after CAT. ....
Rating- 4.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Kohrra
What a terrific show!...........
5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
"Kohhra" on Netflix
Absolutely riveting series.........
5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Kohhra was amazing.
4.5/5.
Thank you for the recommendation, watched it over the weekend. The sub-plots are tight, a very good season.

Didn't realize I would complete the whole season in 2 days. Now I have an angry wife.

Spinnerr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 16:36   #5049
BHPian

Started watching Kaalkoot, a Vijay Varma starrer, watched 6 episodes till now, pretty much above average, definitely not as good as Kohhra but the cast is very good, especially Yashpal sharma, Gopal dutt with a tinge of negative aspect is a revelation, have been typecast into a specific type of role in his earlier roles but clearly he has a lot to offer.

Vijay Varma seems to be a lot into microexpressions, the camera folks have done a good job at that, Seema biswas is wasted till now.
3/5
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 08:07   #5050
Team-BHP Support

Watched Hijack on Apple TV+.

The story of a plane hijack, and how a corporate negotiator takes it upon himself to get the plane the best possible outcome. The show starts off slow but the second half of the 6-episode series is very well done.

4.5/5
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 11:24   #5051
Senior - BHPian

"Kohhra" on Netflix : 2.5/5
IMO This was too slow & should've been wrapped up as a 3 episode mini-series. Don't know why it was not, but it lost a huge part of any intensity because of that.

"The Diplomat" on Netflix : 4/5
I'm sure the storyline is dramatised & FAR FAR from reality, but the semblance to how the foreign offices operate in pursuit of the interest of the rule based global order, of their own interest viz-a-viz their allies' concerns etc, is well nuanced & tightly scripted with good twists and turns that kept things exciting.

Quite interesting. Hope the next season is longer & has far more in the storyline to entertain viewers.

Edit :

Succession Season 4 : Was not thrilled with the ending. IMO the entertainment industry is obligated to offer its viewers an ending that offers a satisfying closure. They're not the center of our lives, they're just one of the places we recuse to when we're tired of work. Plenty of alternatives, so hope they don't take this cheekiness too far. "We love you'll, but we're not in-love with you'll".

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 6th August 2023 at 11:45.
GrammarNazi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 11:40   #5052
Distinguished - BHPian

War of the worlds

Another retelling of the classic, with no star cast of note except Gabriel Byrne.
Wonderfully made and why it works is that there is no "America to save the day" nonsense. Its tight, well shot. All in Europe.

For any Sci-fi fan, it's a 5/5.

On prime.
mayankk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 16:02   #5053
BHPian

Scoop on Netflix - 4/5.

True events like what happened to Jigna Vora are there in our collective memories for a few days and then we forget about it. The makers of Scoop have done an admirable job to bring back those stories and awaken our conscience, so hopefully these doesn't happen again.

A 6 episode mini series is the right format to give characters the needed depth, yet keep the narrative engaging and taut. I had minor crib only with the last episode where there is too much focus to find who is the "villain" is rather than keeping the focus on the central character.

All the actors have done a good job. After Scam 1992, this is another fantastic effort by director Hansal Mehta .
DigitalOne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 16:17   #5054
Senior - BHPian

If you loved Scam 1992, Scam 2003 is on its way
Sebring is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 21:31   #5055
BHPian

The Hunt for Veerappan - Netflix

A retelling of two decades spent hunting and being hunted by the notorious brigand Veerappan. The docuseries interviews Veerappan's wife, cops who spent years combing the forest for him, journalists, his gang members and known associates with plenty of old footage interspersed. All in all found it to be very engaging watch and would recommend highly.
IndieGooner is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks