Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 22:17   #5026
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Watched 4 episodes over the last couple of days. Somehow i feel Season 4 is not as tight as the first or 2nd season. Both of them were vintage Clancy and the storyline was tight. In this case, i see multiple flaws as if they just raced to meet a deadline of release.
Characters are not fleshed out nicely and some of them are wooden. CIA director seems to be a fairly young girl. Not sure why characterization did not give the director a little bit of age. Some of the villainous characters are hyped up, but receive a tepid blow in the end.
Will wait to see the last 2 episodes over this weekend to give a final rating. As of now, i would say can be watched to get closure for a serial
I'm a huge fan of Jack Ryan and as rightly pointed out Season 4 is absolutely lame from every aspect-Story telling, acting and characters.

It's just not enough to keep moving between country to country to make the story seem like a global spy caper but, it needs good storyline which is totally missing.

In comparison, the previous season had everything- lots of action, storyline and gripping suspense.

I'm in EP 3 and will slowly and steadily finish this series and bid adieu to JR.

My rating for S4 is 2/5
Old 12th July 2023, 12:19   #5027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Looking for suggestions on proper supernatural horror series (Language no bar).
If you haven't already watched these, foll. on Netflix might be of interest. Mind you, not all of these fit the "horror" genre, but supernatural - sure!

Series:
* Stranger Things
* Manifest
* Travellers
* One Life
* The Watcher

Movies:
* Quiet place 1& 2

* The Stranger (UK version of Harlan Coben novel) - neither supernatural nor horror, but a good watch
Old 12th July 2023, 12:45   #5028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
If you haven't already watched these, foll. on Netflix might be of interest. Mind you, not all of these fit the "horror" genre, but supernatural - sure!

Series:
* Stranger Things
* Manifest
* Travellers
* One Life
* The Watcher

Movies:
* Quiet place 1& 2

* The Stranger (UK version of Harlan Coben novel) - neither supernatural nor horror, but a good watch
Thanks. Shall give Manifest a go

Stranger things yes.

Still looking for a replacement to Marianne, Exorcist (Series) and the likes.
Old 12th July 2023, 13:46   #5029
Senior - BHPian

Night Manager Season 2

Streaming: Disney Hotstar

While the first season episodes was engrossing, was expecting a similar kind of gripping story, however the story becomes predictable by 2nd episode. Aditya Roy Kapur was in his usual best, but the scene stealers were Anil Kapoor and Tilottama Shome who clearly take the creamier part. There are hardly any twists or turns. If you have watched the season 1, it will be good to watch the second season.

Rating: 3.5/5
Old 16th July 2023, 10:38   #5030
Senior - BHPian

Finally I got around to finish Manifest.

What an incredibly good finale. Leaving couple of plotholes they covered everything wonderfully. Last 20 minutes brought smiles for me which is rare cos most shows really screw up the ending. I am so glad this show was picked by Netflix and it got a conclusion. Also 'Hi Honey' has to be the dialogue of the show. Do watch this show if you haven't.

Rating - 4.5/5
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 10:49   #5031
Distinguished - BHPian

Kohrra - 4/5

Available on Netflix. A thriller set in Punjab, tight storyline and good acting by the cast made it a good binge watch. Reminded me of Udta Punjab.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 15:04   #5032
Distinguished - BHPian

KOHRRA Netfilx

Another brilliant Punjabi series after CAT. Superlative casting, fantastic acting and an engrossing storyline and screenplay make this series a must watch. It was so good to see Varun Badola and Rachel Shelly (the second lead of the movie Lagaan) after long in their elements. No words enough for a certain Suvinder Vicky and Barun Sobti, both of them are simply outstanding in their roles. Layered back stories hold the whole series together, a murder mystery with a twist and which will hold your attention till the last episode although one can get the hints of the possible outcome but the climax still trumps everything. Another worthwhile series by Sudip Sharma after the superlative Paatallok. Recommended watch.

Rating- 4.5/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 11:46   #5033
BHPian

Finally started watching "The Office" and I can't believe I had missed out on such a fabulous piece of comedy.
While Steve Carell clearly takes the cake, each of the characters are equally enjoyable!

Rated: 9.5/10

PS: Try to muscle through episode-1. The cringe moments initially become really funny later on
ValarMorghulis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 07:53   #5034
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Kohrra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
KOHRRA
Kohrra

Thanks for the recommendation, guys.

What a terrific show! I wasn't specifically looking for this genre since I'd watched a few in quick succession of late, but once I started, I ended up binge-watching over a couple of nights.

Absolutely stunning acting from the cast - it felt like they're doing their actual job, not acting. And the cinematography is spot on, no unnecessary violence, gore or PG18 scenes. Anushka Sharma's production house seems to have a crazy knack of greenlighting strong scripts.

5/5
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 22:35   #5035
Distinguished - BHPian

"Kohhra" on Netflix

Absolutely riveting series. It's a murder investigation of an NRI bridegroom and during that investigation how the police uncovers some unpleasant truths is the crux of the story.

It also has a moral lesson of how parenting should be done or rather has changed over the last few decades.

Perfect starkest, amazing photography and tight storyline.

There are some uncomfortable scenes that cannot be watched in front of your parents/children. Beware !!!

Being a lover of this genre, I can't wait for more such content to hit the OTT's.

5/5

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th July 2023 at 23:06. Reason: reverting > riveting. Guess you meant that?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 11:58   #5036
BHPian

Le Bureau des Légendes

I'd rate it a 10 on 10. About to finish all seasons. The Europeans are much ahead in cinema as well as books when it comes to this genre.

In one of the later seasons' episodes one can see the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi succinctly yet prominently displayed in one of the important scenes, kept in the room of one of the most superior characters. Not many can understand what that means.

The series just swayed me.
Fuldagap is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 08:49   #5037
Distinguished - BHPian

Adhura- Prime Video

This is a story of a reunion of a Ooty Boarding school students after 15 years.

It's one of the finest horror/thriller series coming out of the Bollywood fraternity in a long time. It also has an interesting storyline that keeps you guessing.

Excellent photography, niligiri scenery and decent acting from the starcast makes this a good watch.

Initial episodes are bit slow but, it picks up pace in the middle of the series.

Only thing I didn't like about this series is referring the students as "Old Boys" instead of 'Alumni". Looks like they never heard of this word.

4/5
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 14:39   #5038
BHPian

Secret Invasion: 2/5

Completed the finale yesterday and I was completely puzzled regarding the existence of this series. Neither it solves any urgent problem in the MCU, or fulfils any requirement nor it furthers the MCU plotline on the whole.

By the end of it, I wonder why the MCU needs any Avenger now.

PS: One requires special talent to botch up a series featuring Sam L Jackson, Olivia Colman, Emilia Clarke and Ben Mendelsohn.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 18:41   #5039
Team-BHP Support

Reacher on Amazon Prime.

Have watched 3 episodes, I like what I am watching. Ratings were positive and I got hooked to it. Will take me a week to complete it, it's a mix of crime plus action. Will edit or post a fresh note once done with it.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 18:45   #5040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Adhura- Prime Video

Only thing I didn't like about this series is referring the students as "Old Boys" instead of 'Alumni". Looks like they never heard of this word.

4/5
On my list. Not able to watch cos our kid is always with us in the evening. Soon will give it a go. Premise looked interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Secret Invasion: 2/5

Completed the finale yesterday and I was completely puzzled regarding the existence of this series. Neither it solves any urgent problem in the MCU, or fulfils any requirement nor it furthers the MCU plotline on the whole.

By the end of it, I wonder why the MCU needs any Avenger now.

PS: One requires special talent to botch up a series featuring Sam L Jackson, Olivia Colman, Emilia Clarke and Ben Mendelsohn.
I saw the trailer.
Decided to skip it then and there. Made the right call.
Marvel has stagnated.
Not worth our time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Reacher on Amazon Prime.

Have watched 3 episodes, I like what I am watching. Ratings were positive and I got hooked to it. Will take me a week to complete it, it's a mix of crime plus action. Will edit or post a fresh note once done with it.
You are in for a treat if you like this genre. I am eagerly awaiting the next season.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks