Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2023, 08:02   #4906
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
Saas, Bahu aur Flamingo on Disney+ Hotstar - 4 /5

If you are one who liked the Mirzapur / Gangs of Wasseypur kind of stories - buy your popcorn today evening.
I watched it yday and honestly it didnt even come close to a km of Mirzapur. The story is slow, characters arent etched properly. The fierceness is missing in the series and add a couple of non required characters, it became a bore to watch. I would suggest to give it a miss and not fall for the posters.
ghodlur is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 08:45   #4907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan returns for his final mission on June 30
Excellent news. Last Season was totally outstanding and kept me on the tenterhooks for entire season.

Sad that it's going to be a final season. But, all good things have to come to an end.

Btw, I just realized yesterday that "Better Call Saul- Season 6" is now airing on Netflix.

I have some binge watching lined up for this weekend.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 10:44   #4908
Distinguished - BHPian

Saas, Bahu & Flamigo : 2 / 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The fierceness is missing in the series and add a couple of non required characters, it became a bore to watch. I would suggest to give it a miss and not fall for the posters.
+1 to this.

The story has a lot of meat but it flops big time within the first episode. I kept moving to the next episode hoping they will leverage the amazing setup of the storyline but none of the characters except for Dimple Kapadia is able to do justice. All the main villain can do is frown and make mute faces. Nassarudin Shah is wasted with hardly anything to do/say except a few lines. Please give it a miss. Only thing is done well is the amazing background score.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 05:15   #4909
BHPian

Succession season 4
Man what an incredible season this is turning out to be. Each episode until now (7 so far) have been a gem. We see so many shades into each character particularly Kendell Roy's character transition. Mind blowing.

I wish to see a spin off of Logan Roy's life (Brian Cox) and how he made what he made. What an energy and screen presence he had.

Highly recommended to someone who loves to binge watch family drama and corporate politics.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 14:42   #4910
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I watched it yday and honestly it didnt even come close to a km of Mirzapur. The story is slow, characters arent etched properly. The fierceness is missing in the series and add a couple of non required characters, it became a bore to watch. I would suggest to give it a miss and not fall for the posters.
My, my, too filmy, too much masala for my taste.

Mirzapur, sorry, but does not even come close. Mirzapur is something which can be true to some extent, this is your typical brain dead show. Too many loose ends and all, I thought, it will improve with episodes, instead it got worse.

Location & cinematography is the only saving grace.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th May 2023 at 06:53.
Old 12th May 2023, 15:01   #4911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Kindly suggest some good shows/movies in apple tv. I have got three months free subscription of apple tv and want to utilise the same.
Apart from what others mentioned, do watch "For All Mankind". This show takes an alternate perspective at history where Soviets won the race to moon and how the space race changed.
Very good show.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 15:10   #4912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Kindly suggest some good shows/movies in apple tv. I have got three months free subscription of apple tv and want to utilise the same.
Tetris, Shantaram (average), There is a nature series can’t remember it’s name, Ted Lasso.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 10:35   #4913
BHPian

Ted Lasso (Apple TV) 4.5/5

Started watching this show last year and it has become one of my most favorite shows ever! Currently in the middle of season 3.
Ted Lasso is the lead character's name who manages Richmond Football Club, which plays in the premier league!
A coming of age comedy drama series. All the characters are well developed and have their own story arcs. Must watch!!

Silo (Apple TV) (5/5)

Silo just premiered on Apple TV and is currently only 3 episodes old, new ones coming out every Friday. Silo is what they've named their underground bunker (which is at least 75 storeys) where all its 10,000 residents live
in a post- apocalyptic world. It's been 140 years, and residents now have their own theories about life outside the Silo. First 3 episodes have been excellent. Great acting, amazing visuals and supreme story line. Would strongly recommend you'll to watch.
Eco_boost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 07:59   #4914
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Succession season 4
Man what an incredible season this is turning out to be.
Thanks for the reminder! I just Googled and see it's arrived on Jio Cinema. Long live Jio, Hotstar can take a hike for deserting us. First F1, then HBO.

Going to start Succession 4 from this evening onward.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 09:55   #4915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for the reminder! I just Googled and see it's arrived on Jio Cinema. Long live Jio, Hotstar can take a hike for deserting us. First F1, then HBO.

Going to start Succession 4 from this evening onward.
+1

And not just Succession, there's a bunch of other top-class originals that Jio has brought to Indian shores: GoT (for the die-hard fans who would love to watch this for the nth time), The Newsroom, The Last of us, White House Plumbers, True Detective and so on.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 10:18   #4916
Distinguished - BHPian

Oru Kodai Murder Mystery - Tamil

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-v1_fmjpg_ux1000_.jpg

I really enjoyed watching this one. The kids acted really well especially the lead kid and was well supported by others. It's a murder mystery and will keep you engaged till the final episode. Some episodes can be a bit of a drag but nothing that will take your interest away.

Overall, a good watch.

Rating - 4/5 (Zee5)
Old 15th May 2023, 18:37   #4917
BHPian

I watched Dahaad on prime, liked it more for the dialect, story has lot of glaring gaps, Sonakshi does well, Gulshan Devaiah could have been used better.
Nothing compared to Patal Lok, which incidentally is celebrating its 3rd anniversary.

Overall 3/5
Old 15th May 2023, 19:23   #4918
Senior - BHPian

Recently watched 'Garmi' on Sony Liv, got to know about the series after watching a Youtube short. Liked it, the genius of Tigmanshu Dhulia is visible in every aspect of it.

Currently watching 'The Great Indian Murder' on Hotstar. Not really enjoying but will complete it anyway.
Old 16th May 2023, 09:40   #4919
Senior - BHPian

The Inside Man, now streaming on Netflix.

If you are someone who enjoys a Harlan Coben or a James Hadley Chase fast pacer, then this short series, highly-strung, 4-episode thriller will appeal to you.

With a good cast of Stanley Tucci and the incredibly talented David Tennant at the helm and supported by others, The Inside Man is a classic weekend binge watch category winner.

The plot, to start with, seems totally whacky (and may I add, somewhat eerily) with Tucci shown as a death row prisoner and an ace criminologist awaiting his execution but with a twist. On the other hand, Tennant plays the character of an English vicar who tries to help others escape the wrongs of this world.
Seems totally unconnected, right?

The series runs only for 4 episodes, but it sure covers a lot of ground on morality and its antonyms.

I would rate it 4/5.

Of late, I have started to believe that the Brits are far more creative and slicker when it comes to making such drama/thriller genre views. For e.g. Criminal UK, in my view, was far better than the other European equivalents. Bodyguard is another example.
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 00:56   #4920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
[b]
Of late, I have started to believe that the Brits are far more creative and slicker when it comes to making such drama/thriller genre views. For e.g. Criminal UK, in my view, was far better than the other European equivalents. Bodyguard is another example.
I'm both a Harlen Cohen and James Hadley Chase fan. I have seen almost everything that was aired on OTT based on Harlen's work.

And, each and every series was nail biting and wonderfully represented.

I agree with you that Brit series are more satisfying to watch than their American counterparts (barring a few classics of course).

Have you seen David Tennant's Broadchurch? It's one of my top favorite drama series. It's a slow burner but, what a way it burns.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks