Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2023, 10:29   #4786
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

My binge watching speed is faster than the replenishment rate of streaming services. I have thus taken a one year subscription of Hoichoi, the Bengali channel available on Amazon Prime. It has a Bangladeshi series by the name 'Karagar' (The Prison). First few episodes were quite intriguing, have yet to watch the rest. I don't have much hopes from Hoichoi, as I have noted that Bengali entertainment from its glory days has descended into faux intellectual posturing. I am only interested in the large number of simple and cozy whodunits that they boast of.

On Netflix, Trial by Fire was quite good, though I felt they stretched it too much and some elements at the end were forced. The urge to present a meaty character/situation needs to be curbed a little bit.
Malyaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 15:43   #4787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The peripheral, on prime

Chloe Grace Moretz. Nuff sed.

No, actually. It's pretty good, but very new, so episodes are still dropping every Friday. I'd suggest keeping it in one's watchlist, and catch up a few months down.

It's an eclectic mix of Ready Player One and Terminator time travel.

5/5 so far.
Second this. Season 1 now fully released and can be binged. I loved it and was glued till the last episode.
Eagerly looking forward to season 2, no information yet on its release.
Old 25th January 2023, 23:59   #4788
AZT
BHPian

Currently watching Yellow stone and Jack Ryan Season 3. Both are worth a watch/

Finished Terminal List recently and it was surprisingly, wasn't expecting much from Chris Pratt after "The Tomorrow War". Reacher season 2 has started filming so that's my most awaited show now.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 05:48   #4789
BHPian

Watched limited series “from scratch” on Netflix, based on a book which in turn is based on a real life story. Very high recommendations for the series ! Extremely touching and meaningful.
Brilliantly made with great background score.
Rahul_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 07:43   #4790
Senior - BHPian

A bit late, but I finished watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Nice comedy series with real family situations, which we can relate to :-)

Now watching Dexter. Finished Season 3. Gory and disturbing with lots of cuss words and adult content. But if you can look beyond this, the mystery and pace is gripping. Have started binge watching.
Old 26th January 2023, 19:28   #4791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
A bit late, but I finished watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Nice comedy series with real family situations, which we can relate to :-)
My wife and I loved this to bits. I read up on the series and noticed that the elder father character's actor, who appeared visibly tired in the final season, had passed away of heart disease and that's when they stopped the show entirely. That was a sad realization for us.
Old 26th January 2023, 23:13   #4792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Now watching Dexter. Finished Season 3. Gory and disturbing with lots of cuss words and adult content. But if you can look beyond this, the mystery and pace is gripping. Have started binge watching.
For Season 8, I would suggest watching a 15 min recap on YouTube. All is good upto Season 7.
Old 28th January 2023, 01:37   #4793
Distinguished - BHPian

WOMAN OF THE DEAD

OTT : Netflix

Rating : 4/5

This is a unique thriller which is predominantly a revenge theme and is an Austrian series. The standout feature is the beautiful Alps mountains and the Ducati the main pratognists rides (I don't think she rides it in real but, is shown as if she is riding) on the curvy roads of Alps.

It's short at 6-episodes and has a gripping storyline, amazing acting by the lead actress (who is pretty as well which is a cherry on top of cake).

It's hard not to like this one as it has everything- Suspense, Beautiful Scenery, Good storyline and most importantly a DUCATI in the frame most of the times.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 07:57   #4794
BHPian

Jaanbaaz Hindustan Ke
Zee5
Rating 2/5

This is another NIA agent woman protagonist story. Predictable. Regina Cassandra in a lead role does ok job. She appears angry, smug in every frame. Direction lacks depth. Background score especially the Fateh song sounds so out of place.
Old 31st January 2023, 20:10   #4795
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently started K-Dramas and have started to really appreciate their storyline and direction and picturization.
So far watched
Squid Games 5/5
Crazy love 4.5/5
Big Mouth 5/5
Starting with a new series "The Grid" now !
Old 31st January 2023, 20:24   #4796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
The Last of Us (Disney+)
I never played the game but the series has been fantastic. The creator of the game and the creator of Chernobyl series came together to make this series and it shows.

Fair warning, some scenes are disturbing. My wife stopped watching after the second episode as she found it too gross (she does have a phobia of fungi).
JonSnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 21:40   #4797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Recently started K-Dramas and have started to really appreciate their storyline and direction and picturization.
I'd suggest watching Prison Playbook. It's one of my favourite K-Dramas. It had me laughing soo hard that i had tears in my eyes at times
PrasadS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 10:13   #4798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
For Season 8, I would suggest watching a 15 min recap on YouTube. All is good upto Season 7.
Lol, you are correct. The last season was a big let down. And the horrible season finale.

By the way, has anyone watched the "Dexter:New Blood" which came in 2021?
After the disastrous season 8, I am not sure to go ahead and watch it without any favorable reviews.
Old 1st February 2023, 10:49   #4799
BHPian

Little Fires Everywhere - Hotstar

This is based on a novel of the same name, and delves into a number of social issues including race. I try to stay away from woke stuff, but this is a much more nuanced take into social issues than plain vanilla woke shows. It is an 8 episode mini series, and is well shot and acted. Don't miss.
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 12:45   #4800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I suggest "Undercover" on Prime.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks