Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 11:35   #4081
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Alex Rider Season 2

Better than season 1 as characters are more flushed out now. Only gripe is action was a little less. Ending has set it up nicely for season 3.

Rating - 3.5/5

True Story

In all rubbish shows Netflix do brings a few good ones like this. Not a fan of Kevin hart but he has done a brilliant job in a serious role this time. Show stealer is Wesley snipes with his subtle and powerful performance. Suspense build up was nice though it wasn't hard to decipher.

Rating - 4/5
Old 7th December 2021, 19:29   #4082
BHPian

The Wire <on Hotstar> - 5/5

Binge watched the 5 season 60 episode series. Lovingly created complex characters who live in the real world with all their shades of grey. It is a interplay between police, drug dealers, politicians and newspaper men. Each dealing in favors, either given or taken. Life has little value on the streets of Baltimore and fate has a way of dragging back the people if they try to escape.

Characters like Omar, Snoop, Prop Joe and Stringer Bell will stay with you long after the series ends.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th December 2021 at 13:16. Reason: Minor typo corrected. :)
catchjyoti is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 13:07   #4083
Senior - BHPian

Mayor of Kingstown.

How did I missed this. A class production, Superb acting and cinematography all around. Jeremy Renner has given the performance of his career so far. If you like Crime shows with real life touches, don't miss it.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20211208130447_imdb.jpg  

Old 10th December 2021, 11:06   #4084
BHPian

Watching "Bates Motel" on prime video, and completely hooked. It is based on Norman Bates (Psycho fame) and his early years. Really interesting story line and characters.
Brilliant acting by the lead roles playing Norma and Norman Bates.
Old 10th December 2021, 11:16   #4085
BHPian

Sunderland 'Til I Die - Netflix India

If you are a football fan and especially a regular viewer of EPL games this series offers a brilliant insight of the inner workings of a British football club. Replete with snap interviews of fans, club employees and of course, sound bytes from players, managers and officials, I could relate to the emotional turmoil, especially the fans.

Validates the belief of how important genuine supporters are to any mass sport and how money is gradually creating a gulf between clubs and their fan base.

A must watch for any sports enthusiast.
hothatchaway is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 13:31   #4086
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Special Ops 1.5 on Hotstar. A more than decent thriller, may not be as good as Special Ops which comparatively had more of a suspense element which this doesn't. Overall a good not great mini series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Mayor of Kingstown.How did I missed this. A class production, Superb acting and cinematography all around. Jeremy Renner has given the performance of his career so far. If you like Crime shows with real life touches, don't miss it.
Which OTT platform is this on?

Last edited by PPS : 10th December 2021 at 13:32.
Old 12th December 2021, 00:46   #4087
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Aranyak" on Amazon Prime. Was ok, I think it was confusing at certain areas or logic missing. Can watch for the gorgeous Raveena Tandon.

Rating : 3.5/5
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 06:26   #4088
Distinguished - BHPian

Aranyak- Netflix

Decent watch and some dependable performances. A murder mystery set in a fictional small town of Himachal Pradesh where everyone is showed to a be suspect along with a suspicious character from the woods. Little devoid of logical reasoning specially from the folks from science where the doctor conducting the post mortem also believes in a fictional character and comes up with weird logics to us watching the show.

Folks who have watched Mare of East town starring Kate Winslet might find some co incidences but that’s limited to only that. Expect a second season going by the end. The story could have been little rational to make more impact. Small town India believes in its folklores but the law enforcement agencies believing in such stories is too much to take, thank god for Parambrata Chatterjee !!

Rating: 2.5/5

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th December 2021 at 12:25. Reason: Corrected typo in name : Cate -> Kate
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 10:36   #4089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Watched "Aranyak" on Amazon Prime. Was ok, I think it was confusing at certain areas or logic missing. Can watch for the gorgeous Raveena Tandon.

Rating : 3.5/5
We have just watched the first episode. Looked interesting but the dialect from raveena left a bad taste. It wasn't authentic at all. However the cinematography and hilly backdrop is very refreshing to watch.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:24   #4090
BHPian

Succession Season 3 finale - breathtaking in its brutality. If season 2 left me stunned, this one left on the floor. Who would have known the sheep in the flock was actually a wily fox?!! One of the most violent bloodless corporate massacres i have ever seen on TV. Just wow. It is now going to be a long and agonizing wait for season 4.
WindRide is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 17:23   #4091
Senior - BHPian

His Dark Materials(3/5)- Binge watched 2 seasons. First one was better than the second but worth watching if you like the genre(witches,parallel world etc).

Succession(4/5): Finished all 3 seasons now. 3rd season finale was awesome. All characters have done justice to their roles. Brilliant watch
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 17:48   #4092
Distinguished - BHPian

A very very delayed watch. Finally finished watching 'The Good Wife' on Prime. The fact that I watched 7 seasons of 22 episodes each indicates my feedback on it. A pretty engaging watch all through. The fact that each episode has a sub story that runs to closure was something I liked. So kept you engaged and looking forward to the next one while the overall story arc moved forward. Was very solid all the way from season 1 to 5, seemed to have lost its way in the 2nd half of season 6 and season 7 especially the finale was average at best. Still an enjoyable watch.

In two minds if I need to invest time on the spin off series-The Good Fight.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 18:56   #4093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
We have just watched the first episode. Looked interesting but the dialect from raveena left a bad taste. It wasn't authentic at all. However the cinematography and hilly backdrop is very refreshing to watch.
Watched Aranyak, people were all praises for Raveena, I have a different opinion, the Male actor was good, the story had promise but the ending was very sudden and somewhat comical! Could have done much better when you have such a stellar cast, it was very gripping till the end, must admit, not a bad series at all.
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 19:01   #4094
BHPian

YELLOWSTONE

Anyone following YELLOWSTONE in amazon, the Kevin Costner starring Montana Farm Ranch drama? You are in for a sweet surprise. The season 4 is now live. I just chanced upon it last night by accident. Thought i will make a post here so that others might know.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 19:11   #4095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
A very very delayed watch. Finally finished watching 'The Good Wife' on Prime. The fact that I watched 7 seasons of 22 episodes each indicates my feedback on it. A pretty engaging watch all through. The fact that each episode has a sub story that runs to closure was something I liked. So kept you engaged and looking forward to the next one while the overall story arc moved forward. Was very solid all the way from season 1 to 5, seemed to have lost its way in the 2nd half of season 6 and season 7 especially the finale was average at best. Still an enjoyable watch.

In two minds if I need to invest time on the spin off series-The Good Fight.
If you liked the Good Wife, you would like the Good fight too. I liked it, and would recommend you watch it, if you don't have lawyer series fatigue
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks