Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 15:53   #4066
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Inside Job on Netflix.
It's an animated show which parodies conspiracy theories like the deep state, flat earth, moon landing etc.
Quiet good, if you're a fan of adult animation like Rick&Morty.
Old 26th November 2021, 17:00   #4067
Senior - BHPian

Watched the following shows recently :

High ( MX Player ) : I started to watch this based on the high IMDB ratings. It's a story about a miracle cure for drug addicts. It turned out to be a disappointment and I could not watch it beyond 3 episodes.

Homeland ( Hotstar ) : Fine show about a CIA agent. It deals with espionage, politics, the personal lives of espionage agents, the so called war on terror and both its sides. 8.5/10

Tabbar (SonyLiv ) : A great show about a man trying to save his family after an accidental killing. Pawan Malhotra as his best. 8/10

Undekhi ( SonyLiv ) : A gripping show that's hard to stop watching. 8/10

Tryst with destiny ( Sonyliv ) : This has 4 stories. I liked just the first one - Ashish Vidyarthi is a fine actor. I wasn't impressed with the other three. 6.5/10

Asur ( Voot ) : Gripping psychological thriller, based on shows like True Detective. 8.5/10
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 17:35   #4068
BHPian

Watching "The Good Doctor" right now and enjoying it.

Watched "Illegal S2" and it wasn't good enough.

Parallely watching "Ted Lasso" and that is a feel good show and everyone should like it I feel.

Upload - It was nice but not great. People on internet tell it has discount Tom Cruise in it and I agree.

Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Action oriented show and it was fun watch and as expected, it will have lots of things you just have to take it as it is showed. Like marvel movies.

Special Ops 1.5 - As expected, stellar. Highly recommended.
Old 26th November 2021, 20:43   #4069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Your Honor-

Story is about Bryan's (A judge) son getting into a hit and run and person who expires is son of a mafia boss. Bryan goes to unimaginable levels to save his son forms crux of the story.
It’s actually an Israeli series but somehow the original one is not available in India. Only the first episode is available on YouTube. Bryan Cranston has done only as he could in the American version and that makes the series a good watch.

The Indian adaptation of the show is now in its second season and is playing on SonyLiv. Good actors like Jimmy Shergill, Suhasini Mulay, Varun Vadola, Gulshan Grover, Mita Vashisht have done good enough job to make the series an interesting one. The series has been directed by E Niwas who has given us a movie like SHOOL. Good watch.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 23:15   #4070
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromotive View Post
Arcane on Netflix.

The animation and story is very well done. Almost too good for Netflix.
Just finished watching Arcane.
This thing is a masterpiece. BHPians should definitely check it out.
Fortiche has blown Disney/Pixar out of the water.
Old 27th November 2021, 06:04   #4071
BHPian

Watching Dan Brown The Lost Symbol; not as exciting as the novel but worth a watch

Finally watched Loki yesterday. Turned out to be over hyped.

Ted Lasso S2 is out, good show, recommend it to football fans.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th November 2021 at 08:08. Reason: Please avoid typing like… this… Affects readability. Please avoid sms lingo (gud). Thanks.
Old 29th November 2021, 22:54   #4072
Distinguished - BHPian

“The Unlikely Murderer” based on the true story of Swedish PM Olof Palme’s assassination in 1986 on Netflix: rating 7/10.

The good thing about this Swedish language limited series is that it’s brilliantly dubbed so you can watch it in English to reduce the eye strain of reading subtitles throughout.

It’s a simple story of a plodding investigation that takes several twists and turns before reaching its inevitable conclusion. The only pity is that there is hardly any bleak stunning landscape on view unlike a typical Scandinavian noir offering. Most of the series is shot indoors at at night.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 20:05   #4073
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched Banshee on Hotstar. Story about a thief who is just out of jail & assumes the identity of a murdered sheriff in a small town called Banshee. This is an action crime drama with full of entertainment that keeps you hooked. Its definitely a watch if you like this genre. Not meant for family viewing! Overall a very good show.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 22:05   #4074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched Banshee on Hotstar. Story about a thief who is just out of jail & assumes the identity of a murdered sheriff in a small town called Banshee. This is an action crime drama with full of entertainment that keeps you hooked. Its definitely a watch if you like this genre. Not meant for family viewing! Overall a very good show.
Hand to hand action sequences can beat A list movie choreography. Wish it had continued beyond 4th season but then network decided to wrap up. Still remains one of my favourite guilty pleasure to watch.

PS- there is a lot of nudity and some gore so avoid watching around others.
Old 4th December 2021, 23:46   #4075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I have watched it so many times. In later seasons it becomes non-sensical but enjoyed the action a lot.
Old 6th December 2021, 16:11   #4076
BHPian

I started watching Schitt's Creek on Netflix and I'm liking it. A very different theme for a sitcom, and a welcome change from the usual superheroes, bad guys good guys stuff I kept watching ! I would rate 3 / 5.
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:18   #4077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I started watching Schitt's Creek on Netflix and I'm liking it. A very different theme for a sitcom, and a welcome change from the usual superheroes, bad guys good guys stuff I kept watching ! I would rate 3 / 5.
It is a very nice non offending show. There is also a follow-up documentary type "Best Wishes, Warmest Regards: The Story of Schitt's Creek" (should be available on netflix) that I would recommend watching once you complete the show. I was badly missing the show once it got over. It took me some time to like the show but once I did, there was no looking back.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:30   #4078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
By the time you reach the end, I have a feeling you would have increased the rating to 5/5
A great, heartwarming show with loveable characters. Have watched it twice now and only other serial in which I can just dive in anytime is 'that 70's show' which is not available in India unfortunately.
amol4184 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 21:59   #4079
BHPian

Guys how to change the subtitles font size on Netflix TV app ? The default subtitles size is huge and it looks weird tbh. This is not the case on mobile app or in chrome.
Old 7th December 2021, 00:14   #4080
Distinguished - BHPian

Inside Edge-Season 3- Amazon Prime

As always, the maker’s have dragged this wonderful series to just monitise the success of the first season. The writer’s have just rehashed many headlines and incidents from the last 30-40 years of Indian Cricket and made this third season. In fact, during one episode the famous line of Javed Miandad of hitting a six to the room of a Indian Player is also mentioned, so much for originality. The third season is watchable only for the lovely starcast and everyone has done a good job specially Bhaisaab as always. The third season lacks a proper story and one can make out which direction the series will go after the initial episodes. The camerawork is top notch though and it shows through. Watchable if someone has followed the initial two seasons.

Rating: 2.5/5

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 7th December 2021 at 00:16.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed