Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2021, 13:50   #3586
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
The recent 2 series I watched on Netflix which I can recommend is Behind her eyes and Bombay Begums.
Bombay Begums is a nice watch. I have watched two episodes and I am hooked already.

Next on list is Behind the eyes. Heard good reviews & reccomendations of this too.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 12:34   #3587

Stephen King fans out there will enjoy the HBO miniseries "The Outsider" on Hotstar premium.

Another show I am currently watching is "Madam Secretary" on Prime. Interesting if you like shows on international politics.
Old 14th March 2021, 17:16   #3588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Just finished binging Behind Her Eyes on Netflix. What a brilliantly made series! It's one show where I feel that IMDB rating is way too under-rated. Definitely a 8.5 for me.

It's 5 AM and I still couldn't stop thinking about it and connecting the dots.
Absolutely brilliantly made series. You get that spooky feeling right from first 10 mins of the show. Well made. I have now stared on an old series "Downton Abbey", another brit series. Its slow but tremendous acting skills of the cast!!
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 12:26   #3589
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Although it's not child or parent friendly at all (thanks to all the steamy scenes - LOL), I enjoyed Bombay Begums. Good storyline set in a bank and the trials & tribulations of its key players.

Sucks there were only 6 episodes! Hope to see more. Took a while getting used to seeing Pooja Bhatt act again, but I liked her as the show progressed.

Worth 1 watch. Will give it 3.5 / 5 stars.

GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 22:03   #3590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Bombay Begums can be termed similar to Four more shots please.

IMDb has the lowest rating for this show as there is a negative trend on twitter to give it low ratings as it stars Pooja Bhatt daughter of Mahesh Bhatt. The SSR case and nepotism crusaders on twitter keep pulling down any movie/series which stars nepo kids i.e. Bombay Begums. At 6 episodes it is a breezy watch though its strictly 18+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Although it's not child or parent friendly at all (thanks to all the steamy scenes - LOL), I enjoyed Bombay Begums. Good storyline set in a bank and the trials & tribulations of its key players.
Thanks for this review. I was hoping to watch it over last weekend but, hoping to see a review before I spend time on it. The trailer looked interesting and with this review in, looks like this weekend is set with BB to complete

Any other new Hindi series released recently that is worth watching? I'm subscribed to Netflix, Prime, Hotstar?

Also, would appreciate recommendations on Top 10 series/movie to check out on HBO Max?
Old 17th March 2021, 15:55   #3591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I too liked the show. Its more of an emotional storytelling. Seen Pooja Bhatt acting after almost two decades may be, though I liked her acting.

The director has knitted four parallel stories nicely together. It touches upon so many things from highs and lows of corporate life to relationships, kids, Sexual abuse etc. Overall its a good one time watch.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 12:15   #3592

I have/had been hooked on "The Good Wife". Not binge watching. Just an episode a night. I noticed after a cataclysmic event in mid-fifth season the show had drooped a little. But I continued with it. Till last night. Watched Season 6 episode 14 with rapidly rising irritation. The way it is directed, it cannot happen without smoking some potent weed. Had this been the first episode, I would have instantly abandoned the show. I might still continue with it, out of inertia/momentum. But if any of you are watching the show you may want to skip S6E14 entirely. You will miss nothing.

If there is another episode with quirky direction like this, I shall divorce the Good Wife.
udaji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 14:58   #3593
BHPian

Folks, where and how can I watch all old Top Gear seasons ?
Amazon prime doesn't have it, Discovery+ has some seasons I guess but not all 23. I've watched all the youtube videos of the trio, want to watch the whole episodes.
Old 21st March 2021, 17:07   #3594
BHPian

Hooked onto "Thirteen Reasons Why" in Netflix. It's a high school drama revolving around bullying and other issues. As the title suggests, the show depicts a young girl's version of 13 reasons which forced her to take her own life & what followed next. Would rate it 4/5.
Fordlover88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 23:44   #3595
BHPian

Show - The stranger

Platform- Netflix

Rating 4 /5

Binged watched the 8 episodes. Based on the book by same name by Harlan Coben. A good mystery thriller. Worth a watch
KD007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 15:22   #3596
Distinguished - BHPian

Netflix Drive to Survive (Season 3): 4 / 5

What do you expect the outcome to be when one has unfiltered access to
- thousands of hours of footage ON and OFF the track across an entire year and as well as prior years
- After two years of trial and error, a seemingly access to address each and every team across the board (including the high & mighty Ferrari & Mercedes who seemed in accessible in the prior seasons)
- the freedom to add additional storyline with select set of F1 journalists and back-end voiceover to complement and at time fill in the gaps of the voice-overs recorded live during the race
- the freedom to put a script and ask WHAT-IF questions and poke at the un-answered questions behind several decisions taken behind closed doors by the FIA committees and/or the individual teams
- a clear indication of how specific teams' management have understood the benefits of playing around with the Netflix team to benefit from the series (e.g. Christian Horner)

Answer: Absolutely BRILLIANT episodes with each episode having a hero or an underdog or a clearly un-spoken-but-very-obvious villain with an excellent buildup of the storyline through every episode!

Example of such a build-up case is the terrible situation of Grosjean's car catching fire. Most of us would have seen it live or in highlights, but only as a small part of a race that still went on. The Netflix team made it a Hollywood-quality short movie out of it. Give it a watch here

You don't need to follow F1 diligently to enjoy this series - the Netflix team have made sure that even a layman will be able to enjoy most of the episodes. Give this a watch before you start following the rest of this year's races. Trust me, you'll enjoy the races even more!
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 14:17   #3597
BHPian

Louie

Finished watching Louie on Hotstar. It is a comedy series directed by Louie CK while he himself is playing the lead role. Based on the life of a standup comic post divorce, series keeps switching on and off between his life and his stage performances.

Episodes are short (20-25 mins each), series starts off slow, picks up good but plot gets a bit repetitive by season 5 and you may find it bit boring towards the end. Overall a good fun watch and I would rate it as 4.5/5. Louie CK has done excellent job as lead. Not kids/ family friendly and some people may find content offensive too at times. Recommended for people who are looking forward to watch something funny and lite.
ast.ggn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 20:18   #3598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Folks, where and how can I watch all old Top Gear seasons ?
Mods, Please delete this post if we are not supposed to paste any links of websites that have all the shows (premium and free).

I watch them here: https://www5.gowatchseries.bz/search...ord=top%20gear

you can find the latest ones too (season 30). Chris Harris is quite passionate and is a prime reason for me to continue watching.
Old 3rd April 2021, 13:04   #3599
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Mods, Please delete this post if we are not supposed to paste any links of websites that have all the shows (premium and free).

I watch them here: https://www5.gowatchseries.bz/search...ord=top%20gear

you can find the latest ones too (season 30). Chris Harris is quite passionate and is a prime reason for me to continue watching.
Ive been watching the latest Top Gear - been knocking things out of the park, fearer episodes but well made and strong themes. Great job last week on the James Bond cars

Highly recommend The Serpent - you need a strong stomach for the amount of puking that goes on. You will think twice about befriending strangers when travelling.
Old 3rd April 2021, 13:36   #3600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Curb your enthusiasm (Hotstar)

It is hilarious ! I took some time to get into the groove of this laid back comedy, but once you get into it, you cannot stop yourself. Larry David plays himself in the series, with some famous actors as themselves. Every episode has a moment where Larry says or does something over-enthusiastically and lands in trouble. An interesting fact is that all characters names are their real names, Larry plays Larry, Cheryl plays Cheryl, Richard Lewis plays Richard Lewis and so on.

I have watched Seinfield but I was not aware of Curb Your Enthusiasm, may be because it never landed on our shores, before the OTT platforms arrived.

If you want something lighthearted and funny content in these difficult times, watch this one.
Finished 9 seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm and I must say Larry doesn't fail to surprise me with his antics! Great watch and highly recommended.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks