Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2020, 18:40   #2851
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

If anybody doesn't mind watching older tv series, may I recommend, possibly one of the greatest of all time. Miami Vice.

Influenced a whole decade. So much so that, Jordan Belfort, who could've bought anything in the world during the 90s, wanted to buy the White Ferrari Testarossa that Don Johnson drove, in the show, before anything else.

I just started watching this masterpiece recently. Have been loving it so far.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-thumb1920437990.jpg  

Last edited by SaiSW : 9th April 2020 at 18:42.
Old 9th April 2020, 20:59   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
When you say voices for dubbing, you mean for english audio, right?

I have said this before, will repeat myself, these Spanish series are best enjoyed with original audio+english subtitle combo. I havn't watched even a single episode of Money Heist or Narcos for that matter in English. Dubbed audio just takes away from the feel of screenplay.
Kind of agree with you. My point of highlighting the audio was that it was much better in Season 1and 2 (suitable to characters). Changing the artists dampened the experience to an extent or may be it's just all in my mind.
Old 10th April 2020, 08:09   #2853
Senior - BHPian

I watched 4 episodes of The Mandalorian in Hotstar and I must say its quite good. Im not a star wars fan and neither have I followed the Star Wars movies much. And in fact found the last couple of movies very dull and boring. However, The Mandalorian is a series that is set in the Star Wars universe, but it feels so fresh and interesting! One doesnt have to know the whole Star Wars premise thoroughly to watch this series.

Full credit to Jon Favreau! He is one of the directors and also the one of the main writers and that is probably why The Mandalorian works!
Old 10th April 2020, 11:13   #2854
Senior - BHPian

Got dragged onto the hype and watched Tiger King. Now in hindsight i am kicking myself for not having known better!

1/5.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 11:35   #2855
BHPian

Fell for the hype and ended up watching Tiger King too. I didn't love it. Kept thinking there was more to come on the show. I couldn't stand the main protagonist nor Carole Baskin I think the whole story could have been squeezed into one episode itself instead of spacing it over seven episodes. It's a little hard to watch if you love animals. As I understand there are more tigers in captivity than in the wild in the USA. PS- I was quite surprised to note that 4000 Walmart stores used to sell guns until 2019.

Last edited by promit : 10th April 2020 at 11:37.
Old 10th April 2020, 11:55   #2856
BHPian

FAUDA-Netflix

Watched Fauda season 1 & 2 this week. Fantastic, very real and unbiased. Acting is great, dialogues very good, filming gripping and very convincing. Season 3 starts on 16th April. My rating 5/5.
Old 10th April 2020, 13:37   #2857
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Got dragged onto the hype and watched Tiger King. Now in hindsight i am kicking myself for not having known better!

1/5.
I started it but realised soon that I would not like it so switched....

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
FAUDA-Netflix

Watched Fauda season 1 & 2 this week. Fantastic, very real and unbiased. Acting is great, dialogues very good, filming gripping and very convincing. Season 3 starts on 16th April. My rating 5/5.
.... and ended up watching Fauda . Midway through season 1 and I quite like it.

Also, for people who like Fauda please also check out The Spy. Based on a true story, much like Raazi.
Old 10th April 2020, 13:45   #2858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

1/5.
Thankfully I didn't fell in the trap of hype. The premise sounded ridiculous and i can't tolerate animal cruelty so gave this a skip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
FAUDA-Netflix

Thanks for recommending. Will check this out.

OZARK season 3 was absolutely smashing. So many twists and turns. Special mention to the ending which will be hard to anticipate by many. Can't wait for next season.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 20:30   #2859
KPR
BANNED

Watched all episodes of Panchayat in Amazon Prime. Beautifully made and feel good show.5/5 my rating for it. Raghubir Yadav of Newton fame is the real hero for me. I'm all for such village themed shows. Felt so good at the end of Season 1.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 12:20   #2860
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone else here watched Carmasters: Rusts to riches?

It's a Netflix original reality show, featuring a famous Californian garage. They take in rusted car shells (usually of iconic, classic cars) and touch them up mechanically and aesthetically; their inspiration is that of the story of a kid who started with a 50 cent paper clip, kept trading it up for higher order goods and ended up with millions.

Why you should watch it:
* if you like the idea of resuscitated cars. Personally, in our era where mere hatchbacks sell for a million Rupees, I'm tending toward older cars. I love how the crew zeroes in on rust-buckets for a few Hundred Dollars and then restores them to mint condition where they sell it for $50,000!
* if you like to see how cars can be chopped up, stripped down and get built up again
* if you like seeing a strategically placed hot female character by the name of Constance Nunes who is also a highly capable engine restorer (I hear that she wasn't originally a staff of the garage; she's a part-time Instagram glamor model. She's a sight to behold at work and visually! The producers of this show are marketing gurus, I tell you.)

Also consider watching these similar shows
* Mike Brewer's Wheeler Dealers (where?)
* Rust valley restorers on Netflix (this show is based on a Canadian garage and is equally fascinating as any show on the subject. But they lack a Constance Nunes on the show!)

Last edited by locusjag : 11th April 2020 at 12:22.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 12:40   #2861
Senior - BHPian

Watched all 5 seasons of Person of Interest in the last few weeks.

This is one solid recommendation. 5/5 for me. John Nolan at his creative best. Also happens to be one of the most highly rated on imdb. And justifiably deserves its rating. Available on Amazon Prime.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 13:06   #2862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Watched all episodes of Panchayat in Amazon Prime. Beautifully made and feel good show.5/5 my rating for it. Raghubir Yadav of Newton fame is the real hero for me. I'm all for such village themed shows. Felt so good at the end of Season 1.
+1.

Just finished the season. What a well made show that depicts the typical village life beautifully. In these tense times such shows really lighten you up & manage to bring a smile on your face. All the actors did a marvelous job. Loved it
SoumenD is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 20:08   #2863
BHPian

I got a link on whatsapp for watching free live U.S TV (around 81 tv channels), and it works fine. It is welcome during these trying times when being locked up at home.
Link : https://ustvgo.tv/
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 01:17   #2864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
.... and ended up watching Fauda . Midway through season 1 and I quite like it.
Finished Fauda season 1. It was good, but felt a little stretched sometimes. I would have preferred if it had better editing. Some parallel storylines could have been trimmed and the season could have ended in 9-10 episodes instead of 12.

Rating = 3.5/5
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 16:25   #2865
Senior - BHPian

Curb your enthusiasm (Hotstar)

It is hilarious ! I took some time to get into the groove of this laid back comedy, but once you get into it, you cannot stop yourself. Larry David plays himself in the series, with some famous actors as themselves. Every episode has a moment where Larry says or does something over-enthusiastically and lands in trouble. An interesting fact is that all characters names are their real names, Larry plays Larry, Cheryl plays Cheryl, Richard Lewis plays Richard Lewis and so on.

I have watched Seinfield but I was not aware of Curb Your Enthusiasm, may be because it never landed on our shores, before the OTT platforms arrived.

If you want something lighthearted and funny content in these difficult times, watch this one.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 12th April 2020 at 16:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks