Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:42   #2761
BHPian

Re: Jamtara - Series(Netflix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I just started watching this and I am hooked right from the first episode.

A series on phishing is relevant specially since we receive such calls daily. Just the other day I received a call from a lady stating that I had won some 25 lakh rupees and if I can log into my online bank account she would show me how to get it.

Fresh faces are doing a good job too.
Indeed, it is relevant in these times!

Only lacunae being, they have shown these boys with little or no education, speaking fluent english to pass off as bank officers.
Old 23rd January 2020, 08:09   #2762

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

If anyone is into legal drama. Please go for "Boston Legal" on hotstar premium. This had James Spader and William Shatner and many more Emmy winning people. I've watched it many times, just can't get enough of Spader's eccentric character and Shatner's wit! This could be controversial but I find it better than Suits.
Old 2nd February 2020, 17:46   #2763
Team-BHP Support

James May : Our man in Japan

Almost liked it more than Grand tour. 6 episodes on Amazon and each episode is awesome. The humour from Grand tour coupled with information on Japan meant even my dad enjoyed the show.
Old 3rd February 2020, 06:27   #2764
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
James May : Our man in Japan

Almost liked it more than Grand tour. 6 episodes on Amazon and each episode is awesome. The humour from Grand tour coupled with information on Japan meant even my dad enjoyed the show.
Completely agree. I am love with May's humor, and the great visuals, and locale make for a very interesting travelogue. 5 stars from me.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-may.jpg

Image Source : Amazon Prime
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 22:42   #2765
BHPian

Any recommended series for Cars restoration? I've already watched Car masters and Rust Valley series on Netflix.
Youtube has some good channels which show detailed restoration videos, especially for wrecked exotics!
Old 5th February 2020, 22:54   #2766
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Any recommended series for Cars restoration? I've already watched Car masters and Rust Valley series on Netflix.
Youtube has some good channels which show detailed restoration videos, especially for wrecked exotics!
Presumably you've gone through Wheeler dealers already? Don't know where it's on steam, though. Would love to watch all of it again.
Old 11th February 2020, 18:00   #2767
BHPian

Good news Hotstar subscribers.
Disney Plus will be available in India from 29th March 2020.
Hotstar Premium will be rebranded as "Disney Plus Hotstar"

Quote:
“We're excited to announce that we will be launching Disney+ in India through our Hotstar service on March 29th at the beginning of the Indian Premier League cricket season,” Iger said Tuesday. “We will be rebranding our existing Hotstar VIP and Premium subscription tiers to Disney Plus Hotstar. We see this as a great opportunity to use the proven platform of Hotstar to launch the new Disney+ service in one of the most populous countries and fastest growing economies in the world.”
Source: NDTV Gadget

Source: TechQuila
Old 11th February 2020, 19:09   #2768
BHPian

I hope Hotstar does not increase the prices now. But still, at 999 per year, Hotstar is immense value for money. Live Cricket matches, HBO, FX etc shows, Star Plus shows before their TV air time, documentaries and so much.

Anyways, back to topic, now I am at the end of first season of Hannibal.
Old 13th February 2020, 21:35   #2769
BHPian

Just renewed my Amazon prime membership.
Found out that for users between the age of 18-24 they qre offering 50% cashback!
Old 18th February 2020, 11:03   #2770
BHPian

I was recommended this tv series called 'You' on Netflix. There are two seasons out at the moment. It is a psychological thriller. it is not my first, second or even third choice of genre but I enjoyed it and found it quite gripping. Quite a change from what I usually watch. Would rate it a 3.5/5.

Also, caught the second season of Narcos Mexico this weekend. Quite enjoyable as they all are. This one lacked the storyline like the earlier seasons but was reasonably engaging nonetheless. Rating it a 3.5/5 just going by the three seasons of the original series and the first season of Narcos Mexico.

Taking a 10 day break from Netflix, before the second season of Drive to Survive releases on the 28th of February.
Old 18th February 2020, 11:50   #2771
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I was recommended this tv series called 'You' on Netflix. There are two seasons out at the moment. It is a psychological thriller. it is not my first, second or even third choice of genre but I enjoyed it and found it quite gripping. Quite a change from what I usually watch. Would rate it a 3.5/5.
I actually found 'You' quite interesting. More for Season 1, if I remember right. Season 2 came with it's own twists and turns too, despite a slow start.
Old 18th February 2020, 13:27   #2772
BHPian

Finished watching "The Spy" on Netflix. Quite engaging and recommended. It is a mini series of 6 episodes.
Started watching Arrow now.
Old 18th February 2020, 14:15   #2773
BHPian

Narcos Mexico Season 2 out on Netflix
Reviews say it is better than season 1.

Last edited by Ithaca : 18th February 2020 at 14:17.
Old 18th February 2020, 14:30   #2774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Jamtara - Series(Netflix)

I just binge watched this well made series on 'phishing' scandal, operated from a remote village in the hinterlands. The leading characters have given a stand out performance.
It's surprising that, this tightly scripted, nicely done series with mostly fresh young faces has NOT been mentioned on this thread.

Well worth a watch! 4/5.
I liked it too.

The one part that stood out apart from the excellent performance is the constant narrative in the background of whatever is shown on the screen when the actors are not speaking. That caught me off guard in the beginning since i had never seen such a constant narrative before. Later, i actually started to enjoy that narration and also appreciated the pace at which it is done to cover the scene shown. A refreshing thing for me!
Old 18th February 2020, 21:50   #2775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The one part that stood out apart from the excellent performance is the constant narrative in the background of whatever is shown on the screen when the actors are not speaking. A refreshing thing for me!
If you like this, watch 'Dexter'. It's a show where the protagonist thinks aloud. His way of thinking and the process, makes the series very much interesting!

Most Viewed