Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2021, 19:18   #3721
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
When I tried to install the Sony Liv app in the FireTv, it says the app is unavailable. I understand that you have to pay for the Sony Liv app. But it doesn't take you anywhere. What do I miss here or How do I enable SonyLiv in a FireTv ?
Which 'region' is your 'Fire TV', registered to? The app availability depends on the region of the 'Fire Stick'.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 21:18   #3722

Have anyone watched The Serpent ? its an adaptation of the Charles Sobraj story. The way they have taken it is thrilling and chilling to the core .. Highly recommended.
meconi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 22:46   #3723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

When They See Us - 5/5

Guys, please, PLEASE watch this!
Thanks a ton for recommending this. I am greatly moved by this series. Honestly, this is the best series I have seen in a long long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Where did you watch Season 6 of Line of Duty?
Ajmat answered this. That's what I did.

On to Blooodlands. A friend recommended it.

ritzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 11:00   #3724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Which 'region' is your 'Fire TV', registered to? The app availability depends on the region of the 'Fire Stick'.
It is registered to India. I have the Tata Sky Binge package which allows me to view Hotstar and other channels. SonyTv is applicable in India - I believe. Amazon as usual is clueless about any support for its FireTv.
Old 22nd May 2021, 08:15   #3725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It is registered to India. I have the Tata Sky Binge package which allows me to view Hotstar and other channels. SonyTv is applicable in India - I believe. Amazon as usual is clueless about any support for its FireTv.
This is what I recollect doing when I setup the Fire TV a few years ago.
I was facing the same issue, where I was unable to install any India specific apps even though Fire TV was registered to India.

What sorted the things out for me was (I know this is really weird) to change the region for Kindle. Somehow, my Kindle was set to US and hence my Fire TV also automatically got mapped to US region. Once the Kindle region was updated, I was able to install all India specific apps. Hope this works for you too.
Jedi.Knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 10:36   #3726
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Watched a few episodes of Trying on Apple TV+.

One of those easy going, fun and heartwarming series that you can watch with anyone or anytime. It's British so a change in cultural setting (since we're so used to Indian/American shows) is refreshing.
Season 2 is out.

Only two episodes are out as of now; but thankfully, the charm of the first season has been carried through. One of those odd series you can watch with your entire family, across age groups.
Old 22nd May 2021, 23:08   #3727
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to add Apple TV app to Sony android TV. I checked the site and my TV model is 2018 for which apple isnt providing the app. Any other way it can be added?
Old 23rd May 2021, 16:32   #3728
BHPian

Any reviews on this show called Solos from Amazon Prime? I watched the first episode and it gave me some Black Mirror vibes. Good acting in the first episode by Anne Hathaway.
Old 23rd May 2021, 17:52   #3729
BHPian

The Handmaid's Tale on prime video is recommended. Elizabeth Moss' acting is killer and the plot is dark yet very engaging. I am on season 3 now and they have managed to keep my interest from fizzling. Do give it a watch.
Old 23rd May 2021, 18:56   #3730
BHPian

Watched 3 episodes back to back of the show Solos - I’m loving it so far. The acting is very good. Do give it a watch if you’re interested. I don’t think the IMDb ratings do the show any justice.
Old 24th May 2021, 13:52   #3731
BHPian

Finished watching The Last Hour in amazon prime. Liked the concept at first but gradually it faded away. Didn't like the story line or performance of the cast. Would rate it 2/5*.

The only positive thing about it was the picturesque locations where the film was shot. Silk Route in East Sikkim is one of our favorite destinations and watching the series made me nostalgic of my roadtrip from Kolkata to Silk Route.Here's (To the Old Silk Route) the TL of the same.
Old 24th May 2021, 17:18   #3732
BHPian

Think someone has already suggested it before, but doing it again because it deserves it- The Expanse. An incredibly detailed look at humanity about 200 years from now, where Mars and the asteroid belt beyond it have become human colonies (along with a small outpost on the moon). There are some supernatural elements thrown in, but its an amazing study of human drama, politics, economics and science from the future, and how it bears resemblance to our present day.

It also doubles up as a cautionary tale of how we take our bountiful natural gifts on earth for granted. Case in point- Mars folks HATE earthlings for wasting what they've been given as they adapt to a life of terraforming, and growing something out of virtually nothing.

Old 24th May 2021, 18:27   #3733
BHPian

Olive Kitteridge

Another one of HBO mini series with Frances McDormand in lead role. Short and crisp, 4 episodes of 1 hr each, it is based on 2008 novel of same name.

Story is based on 4 phases in life a woman, who is a misanthrope, quick witted and jealous. Lead blows it away with her performance and supporting cast is excellent as well. Highly recommended - 5/5

Available on Hotstar.

ast.ggn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 12:59   #3734
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
There is a Hindi series called Undekhi (the "dekhi" is written in Hindi script) on Sony LIV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Binged watched all 10 episodes yesterday and liked it a lot especially the groom father
Undekhi is awesome! Thanks for the recommendation. Was screening through this thread for hindi shows which my family loves. Would strongly recommend Undekhi to BHPians who like crime & drama. Only for adults though, there is an unbelievable level of filthy language here.

Rating a solid 4.5 / 5 stars to the show and 0 / 5 stars to Sony LIV's terrible Fire Stick app.

GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 10:19   #3735
BHPian

There is a YouTube channel called DUST. They upload great videos.
Theme - Sci-fi

Sharing link of two of their uploads:

NG_EV is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed