Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 15:01   #3841
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Spent yesterday evening watching all 5 eps of Loki and i am glad i waited. Finale is today and can't wait to finish it tonight.

Was skeptical but i liked it. Much better than Wandavision. 4/5.

Already news there will be season 2.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 15:57   #3842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Spent yesterday evening watching all 5 eps of Loki and i am glad i waited. Finale is today and can't wait to finish it tonight.

Was skeptical but i liked it. Much better than Wandavision. 4/5.

Already news there will be season 2.
Yes, Loki is good. Both hilarious as well the flow of the story line. Waiting to watch today's episode.
Old 14th July 2021, 16:41   #3843
AZT
BHPian

Saw Bombay Begums (Netflix) last week. IMDB reviews are either 1 or 8 so you'll like it or hate it. No show ever is a 1 so gave it a shot, good performances by Pooja Bhatt, Shahana Goswami and Aadhya Anand.

Would give it a 3.5/5.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 18:39   #3844
Team-BHP Support

Saw Ray on Netflix.

It is a collection of short films with a modern take on stories by Satyajit Ray. Each film can be polarising, just as his films themselves often were.

You may/may not enjoy the films per se but terrific acting by Gajraj Rao, Kay Kay Menon, Manoj Bajpayee and Ali Fazal. (I haven't seen the fourth yet)

libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 18:40   #3845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
The Good Fight should be your next stop then. Equally good, except for the last season.
The season 4 for Good Fight is not available on Amazon. Any place to view?

Aside, I started watching the Good Place. Went through Season 1 and half of season 2. Couldn't view it beyond that.
Found it too boring with a confusing storyline. Somehow thought it will be the same caliber of 'The Office' and 'Parks and Recreation written by Michael Schur. But didnt find it upto the mark.

Instead started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Enjoyable. Will recommend for light comedy.

Last edited by hrman : 14th July 2021 at 18:54.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 22:42   #3846
BHPian

Into the fifth episode of the Underground Railroad and it is an awesome experience so far. Its is not for the light hearted as there is a lot of violence and disturbing visuals, but it is really good. One funny thing is the episodes vary in length. Most of them are about an hour, but one is just 40 mins while there is a real long one at 70 mins.

Recently watched the first season of Perry Mason. It's shot beautifully in sepia, and they created the 30s impeccably rather than transplanting the story into a modern setting like they did in Sherlock. Its a treat to watch.

Watched the first season of True Detective, and I wonder why people don't talk about it much. I think it is up there with the Breaking Bads and Better Call Sauls, if not better.
Old 15th July 2021, 02:57   #3847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post

Recently watched the first season of Perry Mason. It's shot beautifully in sepia, and they created the 30s impeccably rather than transplanting the story into a modern setting like they did in Sherlock. Its a treat to watch.
I am a fan of Perry Mason novels. Can you please let me know where you watched this? Would love to see the series.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:51   #3848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I am a fan of Perry Mason novels. Can you please let me know where you watched this? Would love to see the series.
I watched it in Disney Hotstar. Its is an HBO series. A lot of HBO titles seem to have got added to Hotstar (True Detective too).
dragonfire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 11:12   #3849
BHPian

CONSTANTINE[2014](8/10)
Available on Amazon Prime

EXORCIST,DEMONOLOGIST AND a MASTER,sorry OCCASSIONAL DABBLER of DARK ARTS
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-780c92f526ce4b9a8737814c77ad4fe7.jpeg  

Old 15th July 2021, 19:46   #3850
BHPian

Have watched two Hindi Series, A simple murder and Apharan, both are superb thrillers with twists and turns, Apharan one cannot even think of watching with family or without Headphones. Somehow abuse and crass language is now becoming an integral part of thrillers.
Started watching How to become a tyrant on Netflix, mediocre stuff but does throw up some hitherto unknown facts, I was listening more to "Tyrion" than watching the series!
aspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 08:44   #3851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Have watched two Hindi Series, A simple murder!
Gushan Devaiah might have been better suited for the role of Manish, Regarding the Mire 97, it turned out better than expected, do watch.
Old 16th July 2021, 09:07   #3852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Saw Ray on Netflix.

It is a collection of short films with a modern take on stories by Satyajit Ray. Each film can be polarising, just as his films themselves often were.

You may/may not enjoy the films per se but terrific acting by Gajraj Rao, Kay Kay Menon, Manoj Bajpayee and Ali Fazal. (I haven't seen the fourth yet)

For many people (in fact, most people) who are fans of his short stories and have read the stories in question (in original Bengali), the film is nothing short of a travesty. There are elements introduced in the stories which would make the legendary Satyajit Ray turn in his grave, so to speak. I was anyway apprehensive about these literary jewels being made into a film in Hindi, but after hearing reviews from my friends and descriptions of how the stories have been adapted, have firmly decided not to watch the movie. I am a huge fan of his literary works, having read all of them multiple times, and am not willing to watch anything which makes them a travesty. Just my personal opinion, perhaps others who watch this may have a different viewpoint.

In my view, the only adaptations of his stories which are worth it are the ones directed and made by the maestro himself.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 09:44   #3853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I suggest that you don't bother with this series as it is a travesty. Erle Stanley Gardener never wrote explicit sexual scenes or lingered on gratuitous violence in his novels. His protagonist - Perry Mason was the cerebral type.
Prowler is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 10:05   #3854
Distinguished - BHPian

Loki (Season 1): 4 / 5

Possibly the best of the (TV) series of Marvel so far, this is one series that raises more new questions than answering older ones. With indicative hints of this branching out into planned upcoming Marvel movies, it will be a long wait till that happens. Possibly not before the next Dr. Strange movie comes out.

An amazing short 6 episode season 1 - a perfect case for a binge watching over a weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Loki : Pretty Interesting

Surprised to not see a single mention of the currently running season 1 of Loki. It’s early days with only 2 episodes out but this is turning out to be a cracker of a show! Hiddleston with his fantastic personality and British wit is just getting into gear and already (IMO) this is turning out to be better than the other two TV series released by Marvel.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 22:21   #3855
BHPian

Sunflower 4/5

A good comedy mystery mix of a series with a social message. A murder mystery left unsolved for another season to come

Sunil Grover is a fine actor and Vikas Bahl is a creative director. Screenplay is slow yet entertaining.
PS: A lot of abusing (a lot) in the final episode with rest of the others being relatively clean.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 18th July 2021 at 22:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks