Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2023, 11:12   #5221
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...Not sure if you read Lee Child books, Reacher is described just how Alan Ritchson is portrayed- 6 feet.5 in brute of a man....
In my opinion, fantastic choice of Alan as Reacher (compared to the amusing choice of Tom Cruise in the movies).
...P.S : I just ordered 5 Lee Child paperbacks from India as a tribute to Season 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Well he was a good investigator when he was with the MP and Alan fits the description of Reacher in the book unlike Mr Cruise. A nomad after his Army days, he wanders town to town and can't help but poke his nose into trouble

Big fan of the books so you can imagine my surprise when they cast Tom Cruise as Reacher
Hear hear
Having read about 9-10 books on Reacher, Alan Ritchson is a case of perfect casting. He is supposed to be sombre, brute guy which just kicks a$$ and Alan portrays it well.
Well, the less said about Tom Cruise as Reacher the better.

I'll pick another one of Reacher's book before the year ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
...Tom Cruise looks like a better fit. The way this guy speaks and walks is funny. And he looks like a dumb fellow yet they want us to believe that he is extremely intelligent. Sorry, something really is wrong here...
Well that is an anathema
That said, totally understand your PoV as someone who hasn't read any of Reacher books. But then, Tom Cruise could simply have portrayed as any other Major in a movie. Why spoil Reacher?
Imagine Jason Mamoa being cast as Harry Potter
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 11:31   #5222
BHPian

The Long Shadow*(TV Mini Series 2023): An incredibly fantastic series that centers on the impact that the victims, their families, and the police department suffered as a result of the serial killings and the flawed investigation. Superb in every aspect: narrative, vocal quality, performance, and historical authenticity.

Undoubtedly, one of the best from 2023.

10/10

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-long-shadow.jpg
GhostGrid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 12:03   #5223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGrid View Post
The Long Shadow*(TV Mini Series 2023)
On what platform is this series available to view please? Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 02:40   #5224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGrid View Post
The Long Shadow*(TV Mini Series 2023
Would appreciate if you mention the OTT platform like everyone does for every post. It helps without having to ask this basic info. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I'll pick another one of Reacher's book before the year ends.
Me too.

Well, this is getting hand delivered by Emirates Airlines this weekend, so you can say that I'm excited.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-0a0f3f7ff8cc4d5c9c6f7ff38c1285de.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 09:24   #5225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Would appreciate if you mention the OTT platform like everyone does for every post.
Since my response to the question violated the forum's policies, my post has been removed. All I can say is that I don't think this is available on any Indian streaming channels; those who live abroad may check for themselves as I'm not sure about it given the abundance of other streaming services.
Old 23rd December 2023, 11:43   #5226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykr View Post
On what platform is this series available to view please? Thanks
I have mentioned this numerous time here so will do it again for everyone's convenience.

Kindly check Justwatch app for shows and their streaming platforms. If it's not showing on the app means it's not available to stream. Every show isn't available to watch online and that's why it's better to just check the app.
harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 18:12   #5227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I have mentioned this numerous time here so will do it again for everyone's convenience.

Kindly check Justwatch app for shows and their streaming platforms. If it's not showing on the app means it's not available to stream. Every show isn't available to watch online and that's why it's better to just check the app.
Justwatch is not the end all.
It won't, for instance, list from BBC player in prime video.
Look for yes minister. You'll see. Which is why it's better to mention the platform or "other source".
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 18:20   #5228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Justwatch is not the end all.
I don't think @Harry10 meant it to be. The point he is making (I assume) is not everything might be on a streaming service; and even if it is, one can use apps like Justwatch or other means to figure that out. People might be using options that others might or might not be able to replicate. It's up to each of us to figure out where and how to watch it; and not depend on the reviewer on this thread to tell him/her how to do so.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 15:16   #5229
BHPian

Watched the full season of The Freelancer on Disney+Hotstar.

Typical Neeraj Pandey fare.

Mohit Raina is shaping up into a sizeable presence in the OTT space, coming on the heels of the success of Mumbai Diaries on Prime Video.

The storyline is fairly loose, with ample "creative liberty" taken by the makers in all aspects.

Acting-wise, kudos to the whole cast. Manjari Fadnis is back on screen after ages.

Overall, I would rate it at 3/5.
Old 27th December 2023, 16:23   #5230
Distinguished - BHPian

Dhootha - Telugu (Tamil audio)

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-dhootha.jpeg

The plot was engaging when it started but kind of gets boring midway. It could have been executed in a better way. Too many mistakes and the cop who solves the case in minutes is something out of ordinary. Makes it quite unbelievable. They had the right recipe but spoiled in the making. The acting was poor as well.

Rating - 2.5/5 (Amazon Prime). Watchable but will test your patience after couple of episodes.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 21:05   #5231
BHPian

Flames season 4 on Prime
Rating 3/5

I very much liked Flames series. The season 4 continues their story. However this time, it sounds a bit predictable and boring. As if it has lost the charm of first 3 seasons.
Old 29th December 2023, 23:10   #5232
Distinguished - BHPian

Slow Horses

OTT : Apple TV+

Rating : 5/5

I'm rather surprised how I missed these series. Gary Oldman has proven time and again he is the master at espionage thriller movies. His typical dry brit humor is second to none.

This series is about a sub-group of defamed MI5 agents working out of a home called "Slough House" which is given all trashy work that is considered below the echelons of the real MI5 and headed by the ever charismatic Gary Oldman.

How this motley crew of agents get themselves wrapped into some shady business that they were not supposed to be involved forms the crux of the story.

I watched only 2 episodes of this 3-Season series and I'm already excited with the storytelling, pace, characterizations and photography. Simply outstanding.

Don't miss it if you love espionage thrillers.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 00:10   #5233
Senior - BHPian

Berlin

OTT: Netflix

I was really looking forward to this series on Netflix in the hope that Alex Pină would create Money Heist magic in this Spin-off but it is sadly a waste of time.

It was a good decision to make a spin-off of Pedro Alonso's Character - Berlin given that he was one of the most loved characters of Money Heist. Unfortunately, the amateurish end result in this series certainly leaves a high level of dissatisfaction. Even Pedro Alonso's charm couldn't fix it.
14000rpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 11:24   #5234
Senior - BHPian

True Detective (S1)

Extremely late to the party but watched it over this week. Wow, what a mesmerizing series. Watching Mathew and Woody together in roles that seemed written for them was just amazing.

Hope Collin and Vince do good in the second season
Old 30th December 2023, 12:55   #5235
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
True Detective (S1)

Extremely late to the party but watched it over this week. Wow, what a mesmerizing series. Watching Mathew and Woody together in roles that seemed written for them was just amazing.

Hope Collin and Vince do good in the second season
2nd and 3rd seasons are totally worth it. This is the best detective series I've watched by a mile. Hope they'll release the 4th season soon.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks