Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-121.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pachchu (Post 2526346)
Same experience as the other two MCs?

Mainland China, Domlur is in the pits now. Last week we went for a buffet - usual office outing.

Calling the food horrible would be an understatement. I ate more desserts then anything else.

Whats wrong with these folks. Unfortunately somebody else filled the review form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 2527644)
Mainland China, Domlur is in the pits now. Last week we went for a buffet - usual office outing.

Calling the food horrible would be an understatement. I ate more desserts then anything else.

Whats wrong with these folks. Unfortunately somebody else filled the review form.

The buffet at Mainland China is never nice. It was. Used to be. Not anymore.

Stick to a la carte. So much better, and a much wider choice too. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kap04 (Post 2527582)
I had visited Golconda chimney a while back, I wouldn't recommend the place. I didn't find the food that tasty , and it's not worth for the money you pay.

Are you a vegetarian ? This place has absolutely nothing for the vegies. I love their biriyanis, kebabs and the rolls. One of the places I will recommend to non vegetarians in east bangalore.

Visited Punjab Grill located in kormangala over the weekend, good food, nice ambiance but expensive. meal for two set us back at 3,500.00 without drinks. non-veg platter costs 950 and sea-food platter costs 1500, only jeera rice is priced at 250.00 :)

-Sajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2527715)
The buffet at Mainland China is never nice. It was. Used to be. Not anymore.

Stick to a la carte. So much better, and a much wider choice too. :)

I don't prefer Chinese anyways. But I used to like the fare at Mainland China. Like you said yes, a la carte is much better. We were there for an office outing. So didn't have a choice.

The a la carte at mainland china is terrible as well. Was there a few weeks ago - the food was terrible. In fact I told the maitre'd that the food was bad but they didn't seem to care!

There's a new asian place that has opened on the top floor of garuda mall. Had the sunday buffet this weekend and it was delicious by comparison. Plus it was super reasonably priced at 350 odd including taxes and had a welcome drink for free.

How is TGIF in Royal Meenakshi Mall?

Went to the much hyped Punjab Grill last week and well the hype was sort of justified. Ordered a grilled meat platter, a chicken tikka and aloo kulchas.

The kababs were slightly drier than I like but that is just personal preference. Can't call it bad at all.

The chicken tikka and aloo kulchas were the best i've had in bangalore by a long shot.

The prices are slightly on the higher side but then the portions are really generous.

Any suggestion for a good place for a lazy and relaxed Sunday lunch, somewhere between Koramangala or Indiranagar (or any other place in south/south-east direction ;) )? Both vegetarian and non-veg fair should be more or less equal importance. BBQ nation is kinda out due to the fact that it's been tried and tasted by us almost every-time we go out for lunch/dinner get-together. We'll be around 10-12 people (family+kids). Budget is max 500Rs per head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 2537328)
Any suggestion for a good place for a lazy and relaxed Sunday lunch, somewhere between Koramangala or Indiranagar (or any other place in south/south-east direction ;) )? Both vegetarian and non-veg fair should be more or less equal importance. BBQ nation is kinda out due to the fact that it's been tried and tasted by us almost every-time we go out for lunch/dinner get-together. We'll be around 10-12 people (family+kids). Budget is max 500Rs per head.

You could try Sultans of Spice near Jyoti Nivas college Koramangala. :thumbs up

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 2537328)

01. Herbs & Spices - Indiranagar - (Must try their Walnut Meringue)
02. Vembanad @ The Paul- Near Domlur - Kerala Cuisine - (Good sea-food)
03. Benjarong - Ulsoor - Good Thai Food.
04. Veekes & Thomas - The one near Brigade Millenium or in Koramangala.

Try the BBQ factory near sony world signal similar concept to BBQ nation.

There's also Kobe sizzlers or China Pearl in Koramangala.

Today I had been to roof top Sarangi restaurant in "La Marvela" located at south end circle Jaynagar, its an amazing dining place and a treat to vegetarians as it serves only veg cuisine.

Prices are bit at a higher end and food served is really good :p.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_V (Post 2530924)
How is TGIF in Royal Meenakshi Mall?

Somehow the food there is not as good as it used to be when they were at Carlton towers. But still, i can't think of anyone else giving them tough competition in this part of the town.
The cocktails section is run by the same guy however, so no issues there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 2550140)
Somehow the food there is not as good as it used to be when they were at Carlton towers. But still, i can't think of anyone else giving them tough competition in this part of the town.
The cocktails section is run by the same guy however, so no issues there.

Yeah but man is the place expensive!!