Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-123.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2550901)
Never tried Rajastani food, where exactly on 29th main road?

My house is on 5th cross!

@lateesh - to make the direction to Gud Dhani a bit simple, if you are coming from silk board, take the left at the BTM Petrol pump (The signal where Adayar anandabhavan \ Udupi garden is). Gud Dhani is at the end of this road (just before this road joins the 29th main road)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kousik (Post 2557477)
Try Via Milano

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 2557497)
Umerkot - No.30, 80 Feet Road, 4th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore
- Oye Amritsar
- Via Milano 80ft - 100ft junction. near sony world.
- Cafe Thulp - 998, 1st Main, 1st Block, Koramangala, Bangalore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2557502)
For Italian try Via Milano

Thanks to all.

I have short listed :

(1) Via Milano (though its Hyderabad branch at Road No. 36 of Jubilee Hills has horrible reviews) ;

(2) Oye Amritsar ;

(3) Umerkot ;

(4) Cafe Thulp ;

Also have decided to pay a visit to :

(1) Sixty Four Bistro ;

(2) Tunde Kababi (hope it is not a copy cat and name sake and that it is the branch of the original Tunde of Lucknow) ;

Thanks once again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 2557979)
Thanks to all.

I have short listed :

(1) Via Milano (though its Hyderabad branch at Road No. 36 of Jubilee Hills has horrible reviews) ;

(2) Oye Amritsar ;

(3) Umerkot ;

(4) Cafe Thulp ;

Also have decided to pay a visit to :

(1) Sixty Four Bistro ;

(2) Tunde Kababi (hope it is not a copy cat and name sake and that it is the branch of the original Tunde of Lucknow) ;

Thanks once again.

Tunde Kababi has mixed reviews.. BBQ nation is a safer bet..

All reviews on bangalore.burrp.com.

cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 2557979)
(2) Tunde Kababi (hope it is not a copy cat and name sake and that it is the branch of the original Tunde of Lucknow) .

Bajaj Sahb-
Its not a copy cat,i have confirmed the same during my last visit to Lucknow.

Btw-I had been to Four Seasons @ Indira Nagar last Sunday for dinner and ordered the following (SILVERWOOD+5)

1, Nawabi Chicken Kebab-Very Good
2, Chicken Tangdi-Very Good
3, Roasted Lamb Kebab-This was the star dish, a must try.
4, Chicken Tikka Masala-Very Tasty
5, Dum Ka Murg-Good
6, Plain & Butter Naan
7, Gajar Ka Halwa &
8, Khubani+Ice Cream-Must try.

Total Damages-Rs 1.8k including tips.

The sane thing to do at Four Seasons is to order a Kebab Platter(Chicken,Fish,Mutton,Assorted and Veg) if you are in a group of 6+.This will also save time and is VFM.

Next weekend is ZAOQ @ MM Road, Frazer Town-

Any reviews.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 2580603)
Next weekend is ZAOQ @ MM Road, Frazer Town-

Any reviews.?

Havent been to ZAOQ; although the interiors et all look very elegant, alwyas noticed that there is hardly any crowd at the restaurant. Looking forward to your review!

Have you tried Elements on Mosque road yet? Highly recommended! :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 2580603)
Bajaj Sahb-
Its not a copy cat,i have confirmed the same during my last visit to Lucknow.

So, you have become active on Bangalore Food Thread. Glad to note it. Now change your location on TBHP to Bangalore from Hyderabad.

I had one lunch while at Bangalore last month end at Taco Bells opposite Spar at Sony World Junction in Koramangala. Unlimited soft drinks (choose all or any of Cola, Lemon, Diet, Orange flavours) for just Rs. 45. VFM for eating Mexican food and since my guests were college going teenagers, they gave it :thumbs up due to its reasonable pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chikkars (Post 2580790)
Havent been to ZAOQ; although the interiors et all look very elegant, alwyas noticed that there is hardly any crowd at the restaurant. Looking forward to your review!

Have you tried Elements on Mosque road yet? Highly recommended! :thumbs up

I have heard positive reviews about ZAOQ from my friends, will update this thread soon after i pay a much needed visit to ZAOQ.

Elements has been on my radar for sometime, will certainly try sometime next week.Thanks for bringing this up.:thumbs up

Any particular dish that you would recommend at Elements.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 2580855)
So, you have become active on Bangalore Food Thread. Glad to note it. Now change your location on TBHP to Bangalore from Hyderabad.

I had one lunch while at Bangalore last month end at Taco Bells opposite Spar at Sony World Junction in Koramangala. Unlimited soft drinks (choose all or any of Cola, Lemon, Diet, Orange flavours) for just Rs. 45. VFM for eating Mexican food and since my guests were college going teenagers, they gave it :thumbs up due to its reasonable pricing.

Thanks for pointing this out Bajaj Sahb, I will change my location to B'lore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 2580914)
Any particular dish that you would recommend at Elements.?

Well, the Nandidurg Road Elements as you may already know, is famous for steaks. The new one at Mosque road has North Indian, Mughlai & N.E frontier cuisines. Whatever we ordered was tasty, but I particularly remember the Shorba!

They have restored an old bunglow and developed around it. The ambience, especially the roof top area is very nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chikkars (Post 2580972)
Well, the Nandidurg Road Elements as you may already know, is famous for steaks. The new one at Mosque road has more of a North Indian, Mughlai, N.E frontier cuisines types. Whatever we ordered was tasty, but I particularly remember the Shorba!

They have restored an old bunglow and developed around it. The ambience, especially the roof top area is very nice!

Have been to the Nandidurg Road couple of times and have gorged on the steaks.I was wanting to visit the Mosque Road branch just because of the ambience.

Similarly, The French Loaf opp Clarence school is also on my list for its wonderful ambience.

Anybody tried Lazio in Ulsoor? How good are their steaks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 2581989)
Anybody tried Lazio in Ulsoor? How good are their steaks?

AFAIK, Lazio has shut down sometime back.

Ive met the owner of Lazio couple of days back and he said he had to shut down his business because of Labour issues.(He is my distant relative)

BTW-He is now based at HRBR Layout and is a full time caterer.

hmm.. Sad. I was looking for a good steak house closer to Indira Nagar than "The Only Place".

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 2582002)
hmm.. Sad. I was looking for a good steak house closer to Indira Nagar than "The Only Place".

You could try the Grill-House that's off Trinity Circle, diagonally opposite the Gurudwara, Ulsoor Lake. Great place. Great ambiance and superb food. One of the better steak/sizzler places out there. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2582282)
You could try the Grill-House that's off Trinity Circle, diagonally opposite the Gurudwara, Ulsoor Lake. ..

I heard there is a Grill House in Indiranagar itself. Would that be as good as the Ulsoor branch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 2582295)
I heard there is a Grill House in Indiranagar itself. Would that be as good as the Ulsoor branch?

I'm not sure I haven't tried it. If you fancy a short drive from Indiranagar, you could try Millers 46 near Cunningham Road. It's very good! :)